E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DMS remap for 645i

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

i hear ya. and i'm not the kinda person gullable enough to believe everything i'm told.
but this is DMS .. i've read a number of magazine articles on their cars. all have been proven with good results. on that basis, i don't believe they'd be stupid enough to claim and charge customers and not be able to back it up. it would be easy for a customer to prove their figures wrong, and therefore want their cash back. these guys tune prestige German motors, their reputation is at risk.

see where i'm coming from?
I think you are taking this an attack on your judgment (and thus you are getting a bit defensive) and that was not my intent at all?let me apologize if I?m coming off that way.

I am simply hard pressed to believe the claim (made by the manufacturer not you)?but as I said I hope that I am wrong?I would love to see the 545 crank out those numbers?I hope yours does (truly)?let us know.

And thank you for trying it and reporting back?and helping everyone else here make an informed decision?that?s one of the great things about this forum

Looking forward to your review

Chris
Old 09-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Sep 21 2005, 08:15 PM
i hear ya. and i'm not the kinda person gullable enough to believe everything i'm told.
but this is DMS .. i've read a number of magazine articles on their cars. all have been proven with good results. on that basis, i don't believe they'd be stupid enough to claim and charge customers and not be able to back it up. it would be easy for a customer to prove their figures wrong, and therefore want their cash back. these guys tune prestige German motors, their reputation is at risk.

I think you are taking this an attack on your judgment (and thus you are getting a bit defensive) and that was not my intent at all?let me apologize if I?m coming off that way.

I am simply hard pressed to believe the claim (made by the manufacturer not you)?but as I said I hope that I am wrong?I would love to see the 545 crank out those numbers?I hope yours does (truly)?let us know.

And thank you for trying it and reporting back?and helping everyone else here make an informed decision?that?s one of the great things about this forum

Chris
[snapback]173273[/snapback]

if i'm coming across defensive then sorry.
but yes, just trying to inform.

stay tuned
Old 09-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 01:18 PM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Sep 21 2005, 08:15 PM']

Chris

if i'm coming across defensive then sorry.
but yes, just trying to inform.

stay tuned
[snapback]173275[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm pretty convinced that these are likely to be genuine gains, and I think you will definitely notice an additional 27 to 30 HP. UK companies just can't get away with false advertising to the extent they can in the US and from everything I have seen and read on this forum to date DMS are a totally reputable outfit. Many diesel owning members here seem very happy with their work.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Sep 21 2005, 03:15 PM

Chris
I hope it all goes well for whoever gets the DMS chipping done. It should provide a decent HP increase, although I doubt the claimed amount. A claimed amount can be based on "fact" and still be wrong--e.g., incompetent or opportunistic dyno runs. Regardless, I think you will be happy with the DMS chipping.

Given that I am in the US, I am waiting for Dinan to provide chipping for my 545i. I have great confidence in their claims and like the security of everything I've done being known by, and through, a Dinan certified BMW dealer.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:15 PM

Chris
Don't forget that 2 other German tuners also claim 360 +/- 1-2 HP with even greater claims on torque increase. These guys are also well respected and do many, many BMW engines as wel las other mfrs. It is hard to swallow some of these claims and as already stated, octane and mapping to specific engine rather than generic "class" engine would seem to have major impact. But I sure WANT to belive and sure welcome someone giving it a try. All three that I am aware of are all in the same cost ballpark as well.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 08:14 PM
[quote name='BetterMakeWay' date='Sep 21 2005, 08:06 PM'][quote name='ch7656' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:49 PM']To me right now?the gains just seem too good to be true?but at the same time I hope that someone puts up some honest dyno results and proves me wrong?27hp and 13 lb/ft would be quite an accomplishment out of this motor on a chip (remap) alone
[snapback]173255[/snapback]
Not so astonishing. If i would have had a 545 i wouldn't even had bothered for 27 hp!! more than 1200 euros for 27 hp? no thanx

now for me is astonishing the upgrade from 272bhp to 350bhp from the german tuner in sport programme! That money well spent imo! over 70 hp of increse
[snapback]173266[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah but other than bolting on a supercharger, i'm not likely to achieve those gains!

if 27 is what i can have, then 27 is what i'll take... thx
[snapback]173270[/snapback]
[/quote]
Indeed, but it's the way it's produced that is of more interest! Peak figures are all well and good but it that figure isn't produced until 8000rpm then it's not much good day-to-day... Even a 10PS peak boost can be very noticeable if the whole rev range is affected appropriately and flat-spots and other emission related factors are 'ignored'...

Thinking about it there's probably a lot of scope to tune the lift and timing in these engines.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

My 535d has been in for various bits of warranty work (including twice, at different dealers, to replace fuel pumps) and no questions have been raised...
Old 09-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by clived' date='Sep 21 2005, 10:03 PM
My 535d has been in for various bits of warranty work (including twice, at different dealers, to replace fuel pumps) and no questions have been raised...
[snapback]173314[/snapback]
Two knackered fuel pumps??? Who did your tuning?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by clived' date='Sep 21 2005, 10:03 PM
this is great news and comforting for me!
(by the way, not the fuel pump part)
Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 22 2005, 07:03 AM
[quote name='clived' date='Sep 21 2005, 10:03 PM']My 535d has been in for various bits of warranty work (including twice, at different dealers, to replace fuel pumps) and no questions have been raised...
this is great news and comforting for me!
(by the way, not the fuel pump part)
[snapback]173451[/snapback]
[/quote]
Dodgy diesel engines mate with super high pressure pumps!

Quick Reply: DMS remap for 645i