E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DMS remap for 645i

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 08:48 AM
won't let me open at work ... how much is the 535D chip then?
to me, ?934 is a GREAT price
?500-600 would be more acceptable for 'chipping' I feel. When the graph is accessible pls post here

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 08:59 AM
ok ... Mine's being done this Friday !!!!!

can't wait!
You don't hang about!!! Let us know how it goes! You can give some S4's a good thrashing afterwards....!

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 08:59 AM
where about's in Essex you from?
[snapback]173053[/snapback]
I'm in the Colchester area Lind Colchester seems to be an ok dealer - they fixed my creaky seals! However, it's in today to resolve my jerky steptronic - I hope!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

you're lucky ... all my local dealers are shcoking!
I'm in Rayleigh by the way.

already put to shame a new S4 cab .. but it was the cab so!

i can't wait i tell ya.
will post full report once i've given her a caning at the weekend!
Old 09-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

This at least the third vendor with a 4.4L remap offer of about the same HP, although lower in torque than the others.

Wetterauer Engineering GmbH is one http://wetterauer.de/

and

H&S at http://www.hs-elektronik.com/datenblatt-e/...645i-coupe.html

I thought there was another remapping outfit that was into the 4.4L now but cannot seem to find them right off.

Also an outboard system alex.br has, UNICHIP piggyback, I believe from SA

DMS looks to be more handy for UK members than the others
Old 09-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:16 AM
you're lucky ... all my local dealers are shcoking!
I'm in Rayleigh by the way.
That's a shame... However, this forum gives plenty of good ammo to attack the dealers... I took the TSB about the seals to my dealer and they couldn't really refuse!

already put to shame a new S4 cab .. but it was the cab so!
Indeed... Perhaps an RS4 would be more comparable...

i can't wait i tell ya.
will post full report once i've given her a caning at the weekend!
Cool! Can you check with them on the 'detectability' of the update by the dealer... There was a rumour on this site recently that a chipped engine could be detected really quickly - holding the trip button or something...

Service Inclusive is invalidated if you chip!!! (I've read the T+C's)
Old 09-21-2005, 01:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

[/quote]
Cool! Can you check with them on the 'detectability' of the update by the dealer... There was a rumour on this site recently that a chipped engine could be detected really quickly - holding the trip button or something...

[snapback]173064[/snapback]
[/quote]

really? gulp!

he said when I ordered it that it's undetectable by BMW. Maybe I should get that in writing... so if BMW do find it, I can send them the bill!
Old 09-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:31 AM
[quote name='colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:25 AM']
Cool!? Can you check with them on the 'detectability' of the update by the dealer...? There was a rumour on this site recently that a chipped engine could be detected really quickly - holding the trip button or something...

really? gulp!

he said when I ordered it that it's undetectable by BMW. Maybe I should get that in writing... so if BMW do find it, I can send them the bill!
[/quote]
This is the reason why I've delayed chipping my diesel... Turbo engines chip really well

Look at this thread Chipped? Look at Iceman's thead #9...
Old 09-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:50 AM
[quote name='JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:31 AM'][quote name='colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:25 AM']
Cool!? Can you check with them on the 'detectability' of the update by the dealer...? There was a rumour on this site recently that a chipped engine could be detected really quickly - holding the trip button or something...

really? gulp!

[/quote]
This is the reason why I've delayed chipping my diesel... Turbo engines chip really well

[snapback]173078[/snapback]
[/quote]

For US owners I just heard back from DMS. Confirms JayEll's findings and they have an engineer in Illinois who will handle the upgrade if the ECU is sent over. One thing, DMS did say in the email to me that the remap is undectable by BMW. Bottom line is that we've had a bunch of forum members remap their diesels with DMS and I've not seen any posts from EU owners saying they had any problems at the dealerships as a consequence.

Looking forward to getting the update from JayEll!!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:22 PM
[quote name='colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:50 AM'][quote name='JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:31 AM'][quote name='colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:25 AM']

really? gulp!

[/quote]

[/quote]

For US owners I just heard back from DMS. Confirms JayEll's findings and they have an engineer in Illinois who will handle the upgrade if the ECU is sent over. One thing, DMS did say in the email to me that the remap is undectable by BMW. Bottom line is that we've had a bunch of forum members remap their diesels with DMS and I've not seen any posts from EU owners saying they had any problems at the dealerships as a consequence.

[snapback]173148[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah he quoted me over a recorded line (my end) that it is 100% undetectable.
in for a service in about 400 miles so will find out!

full report coming this weekend! very excited. though i highly doubt i'll ever get to test the delimiter!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 03:28 PM
[quote name='swajames' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:22 PM'][quote name='colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:50 AM'][quote name='JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:31 AM'][quote name='colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:25 AM']

really? gulp!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

full report coming this weekend! very excited. though i highly doubt i'll ever get to test the delimiter!
[snapback]173149[/snapback]
[/quote]

Before you jump in and get the remap take a look at THIS maybe you will think twice, I have. JayEll I think you have already read this !!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' date='Sep 21 2005, 06:54 PM
[quote name='JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 03:28 PM'][quote name='swajames' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:22 PM'][quote name='colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 02:50 AM'][quote name='JayEll' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:31 AM'][quote name='colejl' date='Sep 21 2005, 09:25 AM']

really? gulp!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[snapback]173149[/snapback]
[/quote]

Before you jump in and get the remap take a look at THIS maybe you will think twice, I have. JayEll I think you have already read this !!!!
[snapback]173228[/snapback]
[/quote]

funnily enough .. i started that post (i am Jay545 on that forum)
i'm still going with it i think..

Quick Reply: DMS remap for 645i