E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dinan stage I or II upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011 | 07:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by mybmws
I am wondering the same thing... I have purchased a 2008 550i with Dinan's cold air intake, throttle body and exhaust, but no software upgrade. Does the software upgrade make that significance of a difference??
Since you have the intake, throttle, and exhaust I think you need the stage 3 software as it programmed for the use of the throttle body also. I have an 07 550 and planning on getting all the items you have along with the software. after talking to my Dinan guy we said go with stage 3. By the way I have a friend that was all the items as well and add RPI scoops. That is the route to go!!!
Old 02-06-2011 | 12:12 PM
Members

Thanks 5fanatic! I added the stage 3 software this weekend. I am not familiar with the RPI scoops but I'll check them out! Anyone had experiences with the RPI scoops either negative or positive??
Old 02-06-2011 | 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by mybmws
Thanks 5fanatic! I added the stage 3 software this weekend. I am not familiar with the RPI scoops but I'll check them out! Anyone had experiences with the RPI scoops either negative or positive??
Lots of members here have the RPI scoops and if you do a search, you'll find a lot of positive comments about them. They've been dyno proven to make power and very affordable. They go behind your kidney grills to ram air into the air inlet duct and the kit also includes a better performing BMC filter.

Here's a link to Race Precision's website: http://shoprpi.com/product_info.php?...b75352949ee02b
Old 02-07-2011 | 08:40 AM
Members

Since you purchased used, you may want to consider other tunes since Dinan only covers the initial 4yr/50k warranty. And most likely you're close to the warranty end. I have had a JB3 on the car and loved it, I recently swithced to have my car flashed by OE tuning and I love the tune even more. Anything you do to the car brings out the beast in it, actually just yesterday I embarrased a 545, he must have though my car was stock, big mistake..

Dinan is rather underpowered and overpriced. Yes you pay for the piece of mind with the warranty, but once that warranty is up, you are left with a car that can't keep up with a similar car with a simple piggyback.
Old 02-07-2011 | 02:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Lots of members here have the RPI scoops and if you do a search, you'll find a lot of positive comments about them. They've been dyno proven to make power and very affordable. They go behind your kidney grills to ram air into the air inlet duct and the kit also includes a better performing BMC filter.

Here's a link to Race Precision's website: http://shoprpi.com/product_info.php?...b75352949ee02b
Good info! Thanks again for the reply!
Old 02-07-2011 | 02:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RambleJ
Since you purchased used, you may want to consider other tunes since Dinan only covers the initial 4yr/50k warranty. And most likely you're close to the warranty end. I have had a JB3 on the car and loved it, I recently swithced to have my car flashed by OE tuning and I love the tune even more. Anything you do to the car brings out the beast in it, actually just yesterday I embarrased a 545, he must have though my car was stock, big mistake..

Dinan is rather underpowered and overpriced. Yes you pay for the piece of mind with the warranty, but once that warranty is up, you are left with a car that can't keep up with a similar car with a simple piggyback.
Good to know! Thanks RambleJ! I have about a year remaining on the warranty. That will give me time to research future enhancements.
Thanks again!
Old 02-21-2011 | 06:03 PM
Members

I got the Stage 2 on my 08 535i recently (sport,conv,L7,) and loving it. Its acts like a new car, all the little things are enhanced and amplified(all in good manner). I'm more than pleased and can't wait to enjoy it more as spring approaches. And yes,I'm in TX so its coming soon...