E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dinan Software for 545 is Finally Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch! That hurts But I think the main thing is throttle response. I might think about Dinan software, please don't discourage me :'(
Old 12-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by abdoul' post='369676' date='Dec 20 2006, 03:04 PM
$500 for 8hp gain? not worth it.. not even worth $100. my 0.02
You're missing the point of software tuning. It's not for the power increase. Those are usually only significant on turbo or supercharged cars. For normally aspirated cars, it's geared towards improved throttle response, raising rev limiter, removing top speed limiter, improved driveability and even gas mileage.

But of course, the value of all that is still relative to the driver so if you don't care for those improvements, 2 cents is still not worth it....
Old 12-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Alright, for SW tuning, I don't want to raise rev limiter (only 100rpm, so insignificant), or removing top speed limiter. I should have 50% discount J/K.
I'm think gas mileage will be worst. I don't think it'd improve gas mileage at all. However, throttle response is a must!
$500 is alright, but what happen if you have CIP update? Does Dinan charge you some nominal fee for reload the SW?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Contributors

If the program is somehow deleted by a CIP update, Dinan will reprogram for free.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Cool, thanks! I'll check with them tomorrow morning when I bring my car in!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='368393' date='Dec 17 2006, 12:25 PM
Hey, I just noticed that you got the stage 3 software already. How is it????????

Greetings again! First off, my apologies for the delayed response here. At any rate, yes, I also recently had the new Dinan software installed.

And let me also be the first to back your initial feedback regarding the application. Thought it definitely took the car's overall driveability and feel up a notch or two. Glad I picked it up. Had a chance to also take the car through it's paces (via open, vacant and safe stretch of Hi 280 here) earlier this week - as I was most definitely curious and extremely eager to check out the new wares in concert with all my other Dinan goodies.

Only managed a very pedestrian 90+ (before yielding to traffic), but no matter. The overall experience brought some immediate ooohs and ahhhs nonetheless. Definitely feel the car pulling noticebly stronger and quicker under full throttle and load, particularly when using the Step's DS range.

As always too, it was truly intoxicating to hear the sound of the car under load like this. Well, I must admit that part of my senses (no, maybe all) were totally overwhelmed by the sheer pleasure and sound of all the other Dinan hardware churning away in unison. VRRROOMMMMM VROOOOMMMMM!! Ha ha.

So, in summary for now, and short of G-Meter validation, concur with you regarding at least a definite seat-of-the-pants improvement overall. Anyway, will pass on further feedback as I continue to motor around in the weeks and months ahead.

Curious to also learn what our new upper end max is, now that the speed limiter has been removed. Probably 170 isn't unrealistic, no??

Lastly, my dealer told me that Dinan's "New 5" badge, believe it or not, is STILL under development. This was the same line I heard half-a-year ago. Oh well, patience is definitely a virtue with Dinan.

At any rate, congrats, enjoy and happy holidays to ALL!
Old 12-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545IA Sport, Silver Grey M. Anthracite, B-date April 04, NAV, Logic 7, Front /Rear heaters, CWP, Sun Shades Installed Bluetooth, Aux Input 12-08-04, Ver 16.2, Super Sprint Exhaust 80mm, Huper-Optik 30%, M-Tech Aero, Dinan Throttle Body, Dinan Cold Air Intake, Dinan Carbon Fiber Stut Tower, Nav Disc 2005-2

Hello everyone, also had the software done (stage 3)! My first noticeable difference was the throttle response. Once I got on the 73 toll I was able to test the DS mode etc: Very nice improvements on the accelerator. Also notice better pulling from RMP ranges.
1st gear manual mode thru 6th was very nice and crisp.
If there was any lag before it's gone now!

Finally a completed system w/the mods
Old 12-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Contributors

I'm glad to hear feedback from other members.

The only downside I've seen from this upgrade is the tendency to tap in the throttle and speed every chance I get...

Hey Pukulan, are you going to the 6th SoCal E60 Meet that's being held at WheelPower on Jan 6th?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545IA Sport, Silver Grey M. Anthracite, B-date April 04, NAV, Logic 7, Front /Rear heaters, CWP, Sun Shades Installed Bluetooth, Aux Input 12-08-04, Ver 16.2, Super Sprint Exhaust 80mm, Huper-Optik 30%, M-Tech Aero, Dinan Throttle Body, Dinan Cold Air Intake, Dinan Carbon Fiber Stut Tower, Nav Disc 2005-2

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='369809' date='Dec 20 2006, 10:34 PM
I'm glad to hear feedback from other members.

The only downside I've seen from this upgrade is the tendency to tap in the throttle and speed every chance I get...

Hey Pukulan, are you going to the 6th SoCal E60 Meet that's being held at WheelPower on Jan 6th?

Yes, I plan on making it this time. Hope to see you all there.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Greetings again everyone!

Well, guess who called this AM?

Yep, the nice folks over at Dinan Engineering!

After months of waiting and wondering and at long last, their newly designed "Dinan 5" badge is now ready for distribution.

Looks like there is a god after all.

They'll be shipping my badge to my local dealer here (BMW of SF) for both pickup and final installation also.

Like I said all along, patience is real virtue with Dinan, as we've been all anxiously awaiting for this to happen.

Now I'm really curious as to how the new design looks!

You think they sought Chris Bangle's input on this??

Ha ha.

Anyway, just thought I share the good news with everyone.

BEST REGARDS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!

Quick Reply: Dinan Software for 545 is Finally Here!!!