E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension Installed (FINALLY!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Too bad you're not in NYC - John is the man with this kind of work! But dude, don't waste any more time - go put it in RIGHT NOW! I drove down to DC with my girl last night - listened to Pandora on iPhone 4 all the way, not one hiccup! Quality is crappy - I get a crap load of digital enveloping, but that's to be expected from over-3G digital streaming. I can't wait to put on a bunch of hi-q music on my flash and test it out proper

Seriously, THIS SHOULD BE EVERYONE'S FIRST MOD! worth every last penny!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 bmw 530i

yeah i agree in my other vehicles i have aux input and love it then i get in my car and im always bummed
Old 04-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Great to hear!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Members

My Ride: The UDM

So how do I know if my car is programmed for Dension unit? And if it's not how much does it cost ? I would really like to install one of those.
P.S. If anyone is selling one, let me know.
P.P.S. Anyone done that here localy in Toronto ?

Thanx!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

LCI FTW
Old 05-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by InFBMW
So how do I know if my car is programmed for Dension unit? And if it's not how much does it cost ? I would really like to install one of those.

Thanx!
+1
Old 05-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Members

I would love to add the Dension unit - have heard great things, but can't seem to find out if it will work in my car (yes I have searched). I have a 2008 550i and do NOT have a compact disc changer. Will the Dension work in that case? There is a wire near the fuse panel behind my glove box but it doesn't look like it has the multiple wires that I have seen in the Dension install pics I have seen. Anyone have any ideas??

Btw - I purchase HID fogs from John and service and the product are top notch - highly recommend!

Thanks!

-jp
Old 05-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by InFBMW

Thanx!
If your car is pre-programmed for an iPod hook up, it is definitely fine. Most LCI, as I understand, are, actually - just FYI. If not, you'll need someone to code MP3 playback and iPod connectivity - it takes about half an hour, to an hour or two (depending, I guess, on your particular car), can be done by anyone, who has the coding capability. I had my coding done by John@Motorcepts, he was also very nice to program a whole host of other crap, while he was at it - DRLs, remote close sunroof and windows, digital speedo, etc etc

I bought my Dension from a member on this forum, FANTASTIC 5. He has the best price on these, but I'm not sure he still has any in stock.\

Not sure if anyone has done this in Toronto, but its pretty likely someone has - this is a pretty common mod. Maybe someone from Toronto will chime in on here...

Originally Posted by Pagemaster
I would love to add the Dension unit - have heard great things, but can't seem to find out if it will work in my car (yes I have searched). I have a 2008 550i and do NOT have a compact disc changer. Will the Dension work in that case? There is a wire near the fuse panel behind my glove box but it doesn't look like it has the multiple wires that I have seen in the Dension install pics I have seen. Anyone have any ideas??

Btw - I purchase HID fogs from John and service and the product are top notch - highly recommend!

Thanks!

-jp
I understand that Dension will work on absolutely any E60/E61. At least, this is the case in the U.S, from the information I got. You may require programming - this depends on whether your car has the iPod prep, aka iPod "coding".

Looking back at it now, it is a better value for the money, than OEM iPod hook up, because it gives you AUX inputs, as well as USB. I do have a small issue with mine - SOS Call Malfunction message comes up occasionally after I had it installed. I think OEM iPod would not give me any problems - just goes to prove my rule "OEM always better". That said, it never had a "problem" problem, and I'm trying to resolve this minor issue with Dension, so remains to be seen.

Sound quality is awesome. Interface is okay, I guess - it isn't the fault of Dension, but more BMW, because this whole system isn't getting any younger... besides, OEM iPod interface would probably be same or worse. Overall, awesome mod though.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Members

Please let me know if any has done this in toronto. I m interested as well