E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension Installed (FINALLY!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Just wanted to share that I've had the Dension unit finally put in yesterday... and what a great mod this is!

By all means, this should have been the first mod - way back when I first bought the car. And to think - all of the three years I've been driving my car, I've been playing CDs

BTW John is a master of his craft, and it was my first time at Motorcepts shop - great place, very cozy and comfy. I was chilling on the couch, watching HDTV and messing with the PS3, most of the time. I've gotta give it to John and Leo - this is the best customer lounge of any tuning/mechanic shop I've ever been in.

The guys working with John are totally awesome. Leo - John's partner, is "great peoples" - very knowledgeable and friendly. Personally, I loved the whole experience.

John hooked me up with some programming, while he was at it - unlocked all the features in the car, that were locked from the factory; added cdc prep and ipod prep. He attempted to add mp3 function to the in-dash CD player, but I don't think the car took it. For some reason, I keep thinking that the hardware itself is to blame. As for the rest of the programming - works like a charm! On my way back, I threw in my iPhone 4, put on Pandora and it was great. Didn't even sound too bad, though, of course, you can't expect good quality sound from either iPhone 4, or Pandora over AT&T's 3G. I'll probably get a flash drive and put a few gigs of my favorites on it. I'm also thinking to add the iPod/iPhone holder into the ashtray, but its a pretty huge job, because to route the wires there, a lot of the dash has to be taken apart.

So, in conclusion, once again, I want to thank John@Motorcepts.com for the install and Joe (FANTASTIC 5) for hooking me up with a great deal on the Dension itself

I highly recommend this mod to everyone!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:48 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

+1000 ... been using mine for more than 2 yrs and never regret it ... glad you enjoy it!

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Just wanted to share that I've had the Dension unit finally put in yesterday... and what a great mod this is!

By all means, this should have been the first mod - way back when I first bought the car. And to think - all of the three years I've been driving my car, I've been playing CDs

[...]

I highly recommend this mod to everyone!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

I wish I was in New York
Old 03-31-2011, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Hmmm
John is a great guy indeed -- How much did you spend for the install ?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man makes me want a Dension, but didn't want to be disappointed in the sound when using the phone for music on Aux plug.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Yo, didn't I tell you to do this years ago?!? jeesh.. you're so slow. LOL.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

lol congrats V
Old 03-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530Xi Black Black Automatic NAV Cold Weather Package Premium Package Exterior Red RPI Air Scoop Matte Black Grills 15% Tints Rear Light Tints Shadowline Trim Black Carbon Fiber Roundels Gloss Red Painted Calipers CF hood and trunk roundels Engine BMC filter, RPI scoop Interior ACS pedals Ultimate LED Interior Light Kit Wheels Miro Type 111 matte black 19x8.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 245/35/19 fronts 19x9.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 275/30/19 rears Lighting Euro sticker Angel Eyes Upgrade 8000k FOG White LED Eyebrow Upgrade LED Cluster Upgrade LED License Plate Upgrade

congrates Vlad...John indeed is agreat guy...maybe this is the next possible mod...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Hmmm
John is a great guy indeed -- How much did you spend for the install ?
I'm getting a bunch of things done, so he gave me a bulk deal for the whole kaboom.

Originally Posted by Cwest
Man makes me want a Dension, but didn't want to be disappointed in the sound when using the phone for music on Aux plug.
Actually, the sound really isn't bad... for iPhone/iPod anyway. I haven't tried any .flac/.alac files yet through a USB.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
Yo, didn't I tell you to do this years ago?!? jeesh.. you're so slow. LOL.
Yep! Should've been my first mod!

Originally Posted by meast13
congrates Vlad...John indeed is agreat guy...maybe this is the next possible mod...
I highly recommend. Reach out to Joe (FANTASTIC 5) for the best price on Dension
Old 04-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 bmw 530i

man ive had mine for over a year, and its still in the dam box and every time i get in my car i hate my cds! i need to throw my dension in and get my dam car coded..

Quick Reply: Dension Installed (FINALLY!!!)