E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension GW500+BTA1500+IVE1000

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the "Text" I'm referring to is CD-Text, when you burn a CD with that option enabled, it shows the Song Title. Thats pretty much it. Its a given on newer softwares I think. I'm hoping Mp3 enabling is not necessary, cuz that would mean a whole day at the dealer. :thumbsdown:
Old 03-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Contributors

Well I did the install today, unfortunately I failed. The unit powered on, my iPod showed DENSION Gateway 500, but then it says OK to Disconnect. The iDrive screen on the other hand was still in the CD changer, playing the CD in the CDC. So what did I do wrong? I tried everything, reset, switch from on to off. I verified that the dip switch was correct, yet it still didn't work. So I decided to put the car back together with original CDC and see what else I can find out first. Maybe enabling MP3 function is CRUCIAL to the install, if so, Dension support site and manual should have mentioned that.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

On every start up, it will definately show "Dension GW500". The "OK to disconnect" with a big tick will always be there when the iPod is integrated with i-drive...This is normal...(take it from me...mine is working properly!)
Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 AM
Contributors

how come nothing was showing on the idrive for mine? also the CDC kept playing the CDs in it anyways. If i connect the optic cables wrong, then there wouldn't be any sound right?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Contributors

i'm getting my IVE1000 (AV extender) tommorow morning...i'll update you guys on the integration of iPod video with i-drive as soon as it's installed...
Old 03-30-2008, 02:16 AM
Contributors

Done the installation of the IVE1000...it is awesome!!!
audio comes direct from the iPod via MOST-so it's even better compared to Aux audio of my DVD changer (this is because there is no distortion@ interferance at all). only the video output of the IVE1000 is connected to the video interface module...

i highly recommend this additional add-on accessory for those that already have the Dension GW500 & a video interface module! (e.g-ACM/ GNet/ TV&Nav/ NavTV etc.) it makes the GW500 even more superior in terms of functionality...and it's not expensive...you guys can check the pricing by googling it...

your iPod video playback is fully integrated with your idrive system...you can fast forward / rewind the video playing via your steering wheel buttons. it's exactly like controlling your audio cd's/dvd's...

even the picture quality is good...(but don't compare it with DVD videos...i can confirm that it can't beat DVD's. But it's equivelant to VCD's in terms of picture quality...)

I'll post up pictures soon!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='550374' date='Mar 25 2008, 11:10 AM
Well I did the install today, unfortunately I failed. The unit powered on, my iPod showed DENSION Gateway 500, but then it says OK to Disconnect. The iDrive screen on the other hand was still in the CD changer, playing the CD in the CDC. So what did I do wrong? I tried everything, reset, switch from on to off. I verified that the dip switch was correct, yet it still didn't work. So I decided to put the car back together with original CDC and see what else I can find out first. Maybe enabling MP3 function is CRUCIAL to the install, if so, Dension support site and manual should have mentioned that.
The Install Manual says that if you have MP3 capable car, use a specific DIP-switch setting, and an other one for non-MP3.
Have you set the switch to Gateway mode?
Do you have a blue LED on the Aux-input-box of the Gateway 500?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

You'll have to talk to me about these issues now, I bought his unit. And received it today, I sure hope its not a defective piece. Is there a better firmware available for this that I should use rather than the one available on the Dension website?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='548542' date='Mar 21 2008, 09:53 AM
Worked a dream!! Cheers again mate.

I'm not going to bother with the video extension doobree. I'm happy just having my 5000 tracks available at the push of a button.

Thanks again for the info!

Marc
Have you seen this? There is almost no need to buy the IVE1000 if its this simple. But I recently heard that Apple had locked the TV Out feature, does the Dension turn that back on?

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2005...pod.html?page=1
Old 04-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='555087' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:33 AM
Have you seen this? There is almost no need to buy the IVE1000 if its this simple. But I recently heard that Apple had locked the TV Out feature, does the Dension turn that back on?

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2005...pod.html?page=1
This is cool...You actually don't even need an Apple AV cable to play iPod Video...This is new info...

But the difference between using the normal RCA video cable and Dension IVE1000 is that with IVE1000, you can control your iPod video playback with i-drive via iPodUI. It's integrated. You can switch movies/tracks (video playlist settings via itunes), ff, rew, pause...not even touching your iPod...just leave the iPod in the glove compartment...and it doesn't even need a remote (like how my aftermarket DVD player is functioning now)
I also noticed that the picture/video quality is quite good if converted with a higher resolution...but, it'll take quite a long time to get converted for a 2 hrs. movie...

I'll try to post pictures later today...

Quick Reply: Dension GW500+BTA1500+IVE1000