E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension Gateway 500

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Oh yea - what is M-ASK and how do you know if you have it?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Members

From what i know is that the one CD slot unit which you have is called the M-ASK and the people with the CD Slot and DVD Slot (Professional Nav) have the CCC.

I live next to Billingsgate Roundabout...Do you work near Brittania hotel or more towards Audi and Hilton Hotel? Lol i probably have seen your car around if you drive to work...i used to work at Canary Wharf before and used to park my car up next to Audi showroom.

I have attached pictures for illustrations.

M-ASK Unit
Dension Gateway 500-0307_03z_bmw_e60_5_series_interior_dash.jpg

CCC Unit
Dension Gateway 500-untitled.jpg
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

It's a small world - I work more towards Audi/Hilton, pretty much opposite the new Pan Pensuila buildings. I've only started driving in to work a couple of days a weeek so it's unlikely you've seen my car but I may recognise yours if I see it again (sounds like a nice motor by the way).
Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jas_r_1' post='1057242' date='Nov 18 2009, 05:35 AM
It's a small world - I work more towards Audi/Hilton, pretty much opposite the new Pan Pensuila buildings. I've only started driving in to work a couple of days a weeek so it's unlikely you've seen my car but I may recognise yours if I see it again (sounds like a nice motor by the way).
Yeh all 5 series are nice to be honest even when they are standard, my car looks nice from the drivers side but when you look at the passanger door it destroys the whole image as some mother f@#!kin hater has scratched a massive line across the passanger door proper deep with a key going to get it resprayed but gonna cost me alot as its a paint job thats gonna need blending in with the front wing and back door (hope who ever done it burns in hell or i pray someone pours battery fluid all over there car, piss taking thing is they done the same to my friends 3series the same day on the same door and the scratch looks exactly the same)...so you work at south quay plaza? yeh its a small world and london is smaller lol

hey give me a shout if you see me

anyways enjoy your day J
Old 11-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d on an '04 plate

Originally Posted by jas_r_1' post='1056971' date='Nov 17 2009, 09:37 PM
I also live in West London so if you can get a unit and you don't mind, I would also like to give it a go. I think I'm in a similar position as you - no MP3, no nav, no CDC but I have the CDC wires. From what I have read I just need to fit the unit and an iPod retrofit coding done (not CDC or MP3 coding) and this would enable full control of the iPod/iPhone using the idrive with full text details.

Anyone able to confirm this?
Sure, two heads are better than one! I live in Richmond, I don't know how far you are from there.

I sent a email to Dension regarding this issue and they came back with this responce:

Please see attached pdf.
With the iPod retrofit option text will be available.

Best regards,
Dension Support Team
www.dension.com

> Submitted to 'Car Compatibility & Where To Buy'
>
>
> Hi, I have a 2004 BMW 525D (E60) with the 6.6" M-ASK head unit, no CD changer but am about to get the MP3 feature activated. In the compatability chart on your site it says for my car 'non-text capable please contact our support team'. What does it mean? How do you control the ipod without text? I'm a bit confused, do you have any products that do display the text on this car or do you know of anyway around this?
>
> Many thanks,

BMW_enabling_process.pdf

The way I read this is that if I have an i-drive 3 and not an i-drive 4 (I don't know how to tell) then I fit the dension go to BMW and ask them to add the software for the retrofit of the IPOD kit without adding the hardware then this should work...... with text? "Wait.... what's that?? a faint glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel!"
Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The Dension shows itself on the MOST as CDC or BMW iPOD kit. So if you get either coded into the car your Dension would work. I would have let you guys take my Gateway to test but its concealed and connected and will take too much effort to pull out.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='1057328' date='Nov 18 2009, 10:29 AM
The Dension shows itself on the MOST as CDC or BMW iPOD kit. So if you get either coded into the car your Dension would work. I would have let you guys take my Gateway to test but its concealed and connected and will take too much effort to pull out.
Thanks for that, no worries. I've been speaking to www.iPodCarkitDirect.co.uk and they said:

Hi There,

You would simply need to get your CD Changer and MP3 enabled for it to work.

Hope this helps?

and I said:

And that would work with text? track titles etc?

Many thanks,

and they said:

Hi,

When BMW enable the CD Changer Port they also enable KMP3, which enables text on the system.
------------------------------------------

Regards,

ICKD

So all looks good!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Members

Ok, I've just ordered the Dension Gateway 500 and the bluetooth kit! I'll fit this and then get it IPOD software update at BMW... and fingers crossed it'll work!
Jas_r_1, if you wanna have a go you're more than welcome, I'm probably gonna put it in mine next week and get the IPOD updates from BMW done. Then you're welcome to pull it out and try it in yours but you'll probably need the updates also.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jay2jay99' post='1057322' date='Nov 18 2009, 09:26 AM
Sure, two heads are better than one! I live in Richmond, I don't know how far you are from there.

I sent a email to Dension regarding this issue and they came back with this responce:

Please see attached pdf.
With the iPod retrofit option text will be available.

Best regards,
Dension Support Team
www.dension.com

> Submitted to 'Car Compatibility & Where To Buy'
>
>
> Hi, I have a 2004 BMW 525D (E60) with the 6.6" M-ASK head unit, no CD changer but am about to get the MP3 feature activated. In the compatability chart on your site it says for my car 'non-text capable please contact our support team'. What does it mean? How do you control the ipod without text? I'm a bit confused, do you have any products that do display the text on this car or do you know of anyway around this?
>
> Many thanks,

Attachment 94534

The way I read this is that if I have an i-drive 3 and not an i-drive 4 (I don't know how to tell) then I fit the dension go to BMW and ask them to add the software for the retrofit of the IPOD kit without adding the hardware then this should work...... with text? "Wait.... what's that?? a faint glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel!"
Lol Joker...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

Jay2jay that's a very generous offer and one I would like to take up. By the way I live in Hounslow and frequent Richmond often. Let me know when your set up. I'm also glad you got the bluetooth as I want to get this done as well.

Delwarulislam I'll definately give u a shout if I see u. My E60 isn't as distinctive as yours so you probably would never know if you passed me. Give me a shout anyway. If the person looks at u funny, it ain't me!

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500