E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension 500 and BTA 1500..please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Glad it finally works. I am in the process of sorting out the volume settings. Did you download the patch first and then set the volume?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525d MSport 19" 172s Leather - Heated No-Nav, M-ASK, MP3 Playback, BMW Ipod Interface, CD-Prep

Hey StonedAgain...

Where did you get your car coded? (Indy ? Andy?) I'm looking to get a Gateway 500 and if you know someone who can do the coding cheaper than the stealer I'd love to know where? (I'm in Airdrie)

Cheers
Old 02-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520d e60 Dec 2006. Business Radio. BMW 316i E46 2003

Originally Posted by nexus66
Hey StonedAgain...

Where did you get your car coded? (Indy ? Andy?) I'm looking to get a Gateway 500 and if you know someone who can do the coding cheaper than the stealer I'd love to know where? (I'm in Airdrie)

Cheers
I got it coded from a guy named Sean in paisley who has autologic daignostics. i will get his number

For microphone settings i first set the microphone senstivity using instruction on dension website and then used volume patch file and microphone wasnt bad. i might consider BMW OEM microphone if its compatible with dension

Problem now is after working like a charm fo 2 days suddently dension has started giving problem. it seems to disconnect every now and then . it disappears from I drive every 1-2 mins and returns. sometime it doesnt return and needs resetting.
I upgraded firware , tried reconnecting and rewiring with no result. checked connections and seems ok.blue LED on aux connector keeps going on ad off. I tried with another dension unit but thats giving same problem. its worse when i m driving. I dont know if its problem with MOST or electrical system. i cant take it to dealer ( car is still under warranty ) as he will blame it on dension and chanrge in lot of money .i dont know what to do.

I checked Optical fibre cable and it still has red light though i noticed its not constant and rather on and off every second ... i dont know if its supposed to be like that

any ideas what i can do to get it work

Thanks

My dension worked like a charm for 2 days and started giving problems now.
I
Old 02-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

I can't help you stonedagain but I updated the Dension to v2.19, then set the volume and the downloaded the volume patch and bluetooth volume seems pretty good now.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520d e60 Dec 2006. Business Radio. BMW 316i E46 2003

My dension was probably faulty as i m have tried new dension and its working fine.
which phone are u using . I m using iphone 3GS but dont get any phonebook upload into dension. it could be problem wuth new iphone firware according to dension support .
You can also try 13 and 14 mocrophone settings as i found it better then 12 and dension support suggested that to me

Now i planning to make a ashtray Iphone dock

Cheers
Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

Also using iPhone 3gs - no phonebook for me either. I'll try the other mic settings - thanks for letting me know
Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, try the following trick. It took me 2 days playing with the bta1500 before making it do what I thought it couldnt. And best of all, my BMW bluetooth is not activated lol yet

I've read on here that without activation, the BTA1500 allows you to answer a call via the phone, but talk and listen via bluetooth. You can also dial out from the phone then talk via system etc. The phone contacts are supposed to appear when you press the phone button on steering etc based on BMW manual IF you have phone module activated. Here's the scoop.

When I press up on the iDrive wheel to the phone/communication section of the iDrive, I get the typical "Call BMW to activate" etc, none of the phone feature appear.

However try this.

Assign one of the * or diamond buttons on the steering wheel to pull the phonebook. While on a call via bluetooth, press the button you assigned for the phonebook, and voila it showed up in my case. Somehow, it seems like my system is unlocking itself lol. Little by little more stuff is working. While I'm not actived, If I'm on a call, I can start browsing around in the iDrive phone menu, I can go to the keypad on the idrive and start typing numbers. In most cases, when I end my call, the system will not kick me out and will let me finish dialing a number and place call from the iDrive. My phone button on the steering wheel allows me to answer/hangup a call and I swear I couldn't do that 2 days ago. I looks like it's adapting to the Dension while It's not activated. Although when I press the phone button, it will say connecting but fail, while it's connecting, I can press the assigned phonebook button, pull up my contacts, press the phone button twice, it will then call the last contact highlighted on the phonebook. All this with no activation lol.

If you play around with it, you'll discover more and more. If I end a call and do not get kicked out (meaning, iDrive takes me out to the main phone screen telling me to "contact BMW for more info"), I can browse through received calls, missed calls etc and even redial. But once it kicks me out, I have to go through tricking it again. Most of you guys on this thread seem to be activated, so I'm showing you a way to confirm that your phonebook is indeed uploaded, it's just not displaying where it should in the main idrive phone section. Try the button assignment trick.

I'll try to do a quick video showing the contact. BTW, my phone is an iPhone 3GS.

Hope that helps a little.

Greg
Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for the info - what about a video showing the above so I know exactly what to try?