E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coming soon!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No not at all I'm after clarity that's y I am sticking with focal speakers as for the subs ill wait to hear how u go with yours
Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

Originally Posted by balbs' timestamp='[url="tel:1335410231"
1335410231[/url]' post='1437974]
From what I've heard. Earthquake SWS-8 (the ones that fit in the floor) are actually 4-Ohm and you would need an aftermarket amp to drive it.
Actually, Earthquake SWSxi's are 2ohm. The SWS's are 4ohm as you stated.I bought a pair of SWSxi's online for my ride. They sounded ok,The caveat is that I had to add a separate amp to drive them to really take advantage of their range. They require more power than the stock amps can provide in order to get the best response. I have logic 7 setup, but you can certainly benefit from aftermarket subs and an amp. Member Technic sells a harness for just about every audio configuration that doesn't require cutting & splicing any audio wiring. His post is in the private classified section. He's also a guru of info on audio for bimmers.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Mikey B-mer
Actually, Earthquake SWSxi's are 2ohm. The SWS's are 4ohm as you stated.I bought a pair of SWSxi's online for my ride. They sounded ok,The caveat is that I had to add a separate amp to drive them to really take advantage of their range. They require more power than the stock amps can provide in order to get the best response. I have logic 7 setup, but you can certainly benefit from aftermarket subs and an amp. Member Technic sells a harness for just about every audio configuration that doesn't require cutting & splicing any audio wiring. His post is in the private classified section. He's also a guru of info on audio for bimmers.
Thanks guy, I'll have to look him up. Haven't did the install yet but if there's a harness available so I don't have to cut/splice wires I guess it'd be worth my time.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bikerdib
Whether or not you get better midrange from the underseat speakers is largely going to depend on what the cross over network is set to send to the underseat speakers. If the cross over is not sending mid frequencies to the underseat it's not going to matter what size or type of speakers you put there. Plus, mid and high frequencies are more easily absorbed by any type of sound absorbing material, such as the foam cushioning of the seats. I'd think the door speakers would be the ones to replace. I'm thinking of replacing the door speakers of my Logic7 system after the car is out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

To the OP, I at first thought you were on of those people the think the only thing that matters is window rattling bass; no offense but, I HATE THOSE PEOPLE!!
Bikerdib, no I can't stand the window and trunk rattling bass. That's why I'm getting rid of the 12" and going with the 8" sub replacements. But if I did, why would you hate me hahaha.