E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coilovers Which Brand Is Best

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by olskooldj
I see you on the M5 board - your car looks great!

Rex
Thx Rex.

-Mike
Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
I got the CKS with SWIFT springs from Nerwyll at Trinity for my M5 and they are amazing. Nice flush look and slightly more sporty feel than the stock suspension in sport mode. Absolutely love them.
Hey Mike,

Have you played with the dampening adjustments? How do you have them set? How many clicks towards soft or stiff, different front and rear? How is the ride, and does the nose dive to the outside on a tight turn?

A lot of questions i know, I plan to get a set of those with the Swift springs and can't wait to get them on! Curious what to expect.

Thanks for your input.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

What is this about "Swift" springs with the CKS coilovers? Don't they come wih their own springs? What is the spring rate on the Swifts? Got a link for them?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by balbs
What is this about "Swift" springs with the CKS coilovers? Don't they come wih their own springs? What is the spring rate on the Swifts? Got a link for them?
The material they're made of requires less spring coils allowing for more and better movement

http://www.swiftsprings.com/advantage.html

stock cks coilovers seen here at the beginning of the post and towards the bottom of that same page with Swift springs.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/124032-cks-coilovers/
Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by ColdList
I got the CKS with SWIFT springs from Nerwyll at Trinity for my M5 and they are amazing. Nice flush look and slightly more sporty feel than the stock suspension in sport mode. Absolutely love them.
So there are different versions of the Swift springs (standard, metric, spec-R, etc...), which one did you get?
Old 09-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
Hey Mike,

Have you played with the dampening adjustments? How do you have them set? How many clicks towards soft or stiff, different front and rear? How is the ride, and does the nose dive to the outside on a tight turn?

A lot of questions i know, I plan to get a set of those with the Swift springs and can't wait to get them on! Curious what to expect.

Thanks for your input.
To be honest, I am not a guy who tracks the car so we left them at the default setting that they came set at from Trinity. I was more interested in look and getting good street handling, which that accomplished. I apologize for not being more technical but I had no need to be for my application. Nerwyll is extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend calling him directly.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
So there are different versions of the Swift springs (standard, metric, spec-R, etc...), which one did you get?
Again, I would defer to Nerwyll. He can give you my exact setup. He will know me.

-Mike