E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response Blast, but on page 4 of this thread someone asked:
Does anyone know if its possible to modify the daytime running lights to switch on just the angel eyes instead of the main headlights
so that's what I was referring too.

So back to your response:
1. TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE -> aktiv
2. VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s
3. DRL_TFL_SML_33 -> aktiv

I got the 1st option programmed in my iDrive. In which modules can I find the 2nd and 3rd option please, LMA? Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Where did you changed the 1st option? Have you search at the same place where you did the 1st option?
As each module is doing a very specific function and the one that related to light goes under LMA.

Pls re-read and understand my post = https://5series.net/forums/topic/106042-car-coding/page__st__420__p__1313463#entry1313463
I've mentioned it's only good for car w/ newer LCM (LM2) which come w/ car from Sept. '06 and newer or if you buy the newer module.

Originally Posted by leceur
Thanks for the response Blast, but on page 4 of this thread someone asked:
so that's what I was referring too.

So back to your response:
1. TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE -> aktiv
2. VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s
3. DRL_TFL_SML_33 -> aktiv

I got the 1st option programmed in my iDrive. In which modules can I find the 2nd and 3rd option please, LMA? Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Members

Changed DAY_RUN_LIGHT -> aktiv in CAPPL. The other 2 functions are not there but when I look in my original full TRC file they are, so they must be in an other module. My car is from Sept '06 so I might or might not have the LM2. Any way to find out?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

As I mentioned each module control specific thing in the car. So you need to look and work on the proper module.

When you change CAPPL is what control the iDrive... the module that control the light is LMA, read the trace dump of your LMA module if you find the other 2 functions (or any functions that end w/ _33) you have LM2 otherwise you are out of luck.

Originally Posted by leceur
Changed DAY_RUN_LIGHT -> aktiv in CAPPL. The other 2 functions are not there but when I look in my original full TRC file they are, so they must be in an other module. My car is from Sept '06 so I might or might not have the LM2. Any way to find out?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Members

Thanks a million so far Blast, really appreciate it. Dark and cold now so I will have a look tomorrow first thing.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Members

Can anyone help me please?
I made SW upgrade to my e90 from 11/2006, but now I have two problems :

- the factory adaptive headlights doesn't work anymore, I turn the wheel but the lights doesn't turn.
- the PDC sound volume is very very low.

Can someone give me some ideas what can I do? What code to search and change?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Did you recode all the models with the expert profile in NCSexpert?, when you update a module it will need recoding to set all functions according to your vehicle order.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 535d Touring

You guys seem to be doing this stuff for breakfast.

Any chance you can enlight a dummy as how one can go about carrying out such mods to their idrive/dash visualisation systems?

I am interested in an initial lead: what to connect (the product), where to connect it (port), and where to buy it.

I am a Java developer by education and trade, so my trailing behind on this is quite embarassing

Thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by push_eax
You guys seem to be doing this stuff for breakfast.

Any chance you can enlight a dummy as how one can go about carrying out such mods to their idrive/dash visualisation systems?

I am interested in an initial lead: what to connect (the product), where to connect it (port), and where to buy it.

I am a Java developer by education and trade, so my trailing behind on this is quite embarassing

Thanks
Don't worry. The fact that you understand how to push an x86 general purpose register on to the stack makes up for it...just a little.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

I finally got around to run the wires from the int. mirror -> KGM pin #44 & #45 behind the dash and now I got my M5 mirror to dim too ... kinda of cool when it activates since my M5 mirror has frame-less glass so around the edge stay as is and the rest inside the middle darken.

Tkx so much for the info BLooD

Originally Posted by BLooD
BenAnd I have just looked at the WDS, On my E60 I have no door modules and the mirrors are connected to the body gateway module (KGM) on pins 14 and 23 (lin bus connection) plus 2 cables goto to the interior mirror from pins 44 and 45 of the body gateway module (KGM) plus one from the interior mirror to the light module.

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.