E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Clutch Delay Valve (CDV)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535xi, short shifter, no CDV

I took my CDV out on first weekend after I pickup it. ( 2009 535xi) Though REAL OEM shown metal CDV for the car. However, it is the plastic quick fitting style as we seen in 335xi from realoem.com. Clamp the rubber hose before that evil thing, remove the lock pin in both side of the CDV, then plug the hose back. Avoid let the hose opening toward earth to reduce chance get air. Un-Clam the rubber hose, back to the car, pump the clutch pedal 10+ times to test and ensure you don't get air.

I was lucky and did not get any air. Or at least I don't feel it.... the shift feeling back to NORMAL after this. I would not worry too much if dealer will find it. They won't open the underneath cover normally during oil change. However, I did use hex wrench to knock the CDV through, basically you break the things in the middle which block (delay) the fluid flow. I shall put it back in case if I have any drive train problem during warranty. I do anticipate I will get air into it because you are install an empty(go through) CDV, bleed job will be required. This is the main reason I will keep it as for now...

If I got air at my first try. ( after removal ) I sure will install the knocked CDV into it since I have to do bleed job anyway.

Happy with a short shifter plus NO CDV.... Car has 3100 miles in first month.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krusir' post='857785' date='Apr 24 2009, 12:16 PM
I took my CDV out on first weekend after I pickup it. ( 2009 535xi) Though REAL OEM shown metal CDV for the car. However, it is the plastic quick fitting style as we seen in 335xi from realoem.com. Clamp the rubber hose before that evil thing, remove the lock pin in both side of the CDV, then plug the hose back. Avoid let the hose opening toward earth to reduce chance get air. Un-Clam the rubber hose, back to the car, pump the clutch pedal 10+ times to test and ensure you don't get air.

I was lucky and did not get any air. Or at least I don't feel it.... the shift feeling back to NORMAL after this. I would not worry too much if dealer will find it. They won't open the underneath cover normally during oil change. However, I did use hex wrench to knock the CDV through, basically you break the things in the middle which block (delay) the fluid flow. I shall put it back in case if I have any drive train problem during warranty. I do anticipate I will get air into it because you are install an empty(go through) CDV, bleed job will be required. This is the main reason I will keep it as for now...

If I got air at my first try. ( after removal ) I sure will install the knocked CDV into it since I have to do bleed job anyway.

Happy with a short shifter plus NO CDV.... Car has 3100 miles in first month.
I have been looking for a short shifter for my 08 535 forever. Who makes it? Where did you get yours. Thanks for the help.