E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Clear Bras

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really good. Thanks for the additional pics.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Dec 31 2004, 05:43 PM
[quote name='uwsc11' date='Dec 31 2004, 01:27 PM']EBMCS03, your clear bra looks really good. Can't even see it on the first 4-5 pics. Only the last 2 taken from a different angle show a slight line. How much did you pay for your installation?
Alright I've added more pics to my Clear Bra Gallery these pics I took delibertly to show it so people can see the installiation work.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=108

I got a pretty good deal on it for $460 total including the material and labor its suppose to be $530 but since I referred 3 other people to him who did it at the same time (*within 3 day period*) he gave me a huge discount.
[snapback]74241[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 01-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Contributors

Yo EBMCS03:

Can you refer me to the same guy that did it for you? I'm still in consideration mode...I now have some minor rock chips...but I still think the bra doesn't look great on a jet black car...I may just eat it and have the front re-painted once or twice a year! ...and some time maybe I can check out the bra-installation personally.

Thanks

b on b on b
Old 01-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Senior Members

$1700 retail, I paid much less. I promised not to divulge the discount price. It was also 90% custom work. It took about 3 full days to do. I was there the whole time.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Jan 3 2005, 10:41 PM
Yo EBMCS03:

Can you refer me to the same guy that did it for you?? I'm still in consideration mode...I now have some minor rock chips...but I still think the bra doesn't look great on a jet black car...I may just eat it and have the front re-painted once or twice a year!? ...and some time maybe I can check out the bra-installation personally.

Thanks

b on b on b
[snapback]75361[/snapback]
You got mail.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Titanium Silver/Black, Sport, Premium, L7, Cold

Got mine done a month after purchase. Just a couple of nicks before installation. In most lighting, you can't notice it unless you're really looking for it. Under certain lighting, the line across the hood and fenders is quite noticeable. The bumper is well done and barely noticeable.

Overall, I like it. Would probably do it again (kinda pricey though). Nice feeling to know front end is gonna look good 3-4 years from now...

ClearShield by CP Films (new film, lifetime warranty)
- custom cut
- extended coverage on hood (up to turn signal ends)
- full bumper (side to side, in between grille, lower air dam)
- both mirrors
- driver side door handle cup (two horizontal strips, not fully covered, will probably have them do it again)
- $650 (retail $800)
- took about 4 hours

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=116
Old 01-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by kt8509' date='Jan 9 2005, 06:10 PM
Got mine done a month after purchase.? Just a couple of nicks before installation.? In most lighting, you can't notice it unless you're really looking for it.? Under certain lighting, the line across the hood and fenders is quite noticeable.? The bumper is well done and barely noticeable.

Overall, I like it.? Would probably do it again (kinda pricey though).? Nice feeling to know front end is gonna look good 3-4 years from now...

- custom cut
- both mirrors
- driver side door handle cup (two horizontal strips, not fully covered, will probably have them do it again)
- $650 (retail $800)
- took about 4 hours

[snapback]77627[/snapback]
COOL thanks for the pics! WOW I love the snow!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her
Talking

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jan 9 2005, 09:23 PM
[quote name='kt8509' date='Jan 9 2005, 06:10 PM']Got mine done a month after purchase.? Just a couple of nicks before installation.? In most lighting, you can't notice it unless you're really looking for it.? Under certain lighting, the line across the hood and fenders is quite noticeable.? The bumper is well done and barely noticeable.

Overall, I like it.? Would probably do it again (kinda pricey though).? Nice feeling to know front end is gonna look good 3-4 years from now...

- custom cut
- both mirrors
- $650 (retail $800)
- took about 4 hours

[snapback]77627[/snapback]
COOL thanks for the pics! WOW I love the snow!
[snapback]77632[/snapback]
[/quote]If having to do over again, what areas would you get done o not done. I have an appoinment to have my done next tuesday. The cost is $600. Includes front of hood, tops of fendors, headlights (Xenon Active), fog lights. rocker panels, door cups, mirrors. WOuld you reccomend any additonal areas ? I noticed some have the entire hood done. What is reccomended. Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stoogefan' date='Feb 15 2005, 06:55 PM
If having to do over again, what areas would you get done o not done. I have an appoinment to have my done next tuesday. The cost is $600. Includes front of hood, tops of fendors, headlights (Xenon Active), fog lights. rocker panels, door cups, mirrors.? WOuld you reccomend any additonal areas ? I noticed some have the entire hood done. What is reccomended. Thanks
[snapback]90648[/snapback]
What you have is good... I dont even have the door cups and rocker panals, (*where are the rocker panels*)

Oh wait... what about bumper? you didnt indicate that but I assume thats also getting coverage...

FOGS??? I'll be interested if your installer can install on the fogs... mine said they were WAAAAY to round and cant install a piece on it.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:26 PM
JDN
Contributors

Definitely get the front bumper done. I assume that the rocker panels are along the sides under the doors. Mud guards might be a consideration, too.