E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Canada M-Sport kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

Anyone in Toronto has the M-sport kits installed after taken delivery? I've asked 3 dealerships here and they all said the kit is not available for sale in Canada, only available as an option (factory built) when you order the car. That sucks!
Or anyone has got an aftermarket kit like ACS or Hamaan here? Where to get them?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bambi' date='Oct 5 2005, 12:09 AM
Anyone in Toronto has the M-sport kits installed after taken delivery? I've asked 3 dealerships here and they all said the kit is not available for sale in Canada, only available as an option (factory built) when you order the car. That sucks!
Or anyone has got an aftermarket kit like ACS or Hamaan here? Where to get them??
[snapback]179635[/snapback]
Hey Bambi... Buy it during your next trip to Hong Kong... I'll lead you there

Well... I remember there's a shop around Woodbine/Hwy 7 who's specialize in BMW, I'd took my M Roadster there couple times for service... Well, too bad I'd forgot its name I guess that shops can source for basically anything, coz I'd saw 2 E30 M3 there w/ the 321hp engine
Old 10-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

That's full of crap, what if your car have the M kit and got into an accident, how do you replace it.

Which dealership did you go to? I think Maranello are the most professional in T.O. they are the only dealer that can fix the check engine lights on my E46. (I went to Autohaus and Town+Country and they can't find the problem.) But they are also the hardest to deal with, very cocky.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:24 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Actually, you guys are all confusing the M Sport Kit and M Aero Kit.

The M Sport Kit (or M Sport Package) includes things like upgraded M suspension and other M goodies that MUST be installed at the factory. It ALSO includes the M front and rear bumper and side skirts. But it's more than just the cosmetic pieces. So the dealer is 100% correct in saying you must order the "M Sport Kit" with the car and installation must happen at the factory. (This kit is also not available in the US, but is in Canada.)

Technically, I guess you *could* get all of the individual pieces that make the M Sport Kit, but that would be hellishly expensive. Anything's possible with enough money. Here are all of the things it contains:

Includes: M Aerodynamic Package, M Multi-Function Leather Sport Steering Wheel, (Deletes heated steering wheel), Sport Seats, M Sport Suspension, Anthracite Roof Liner, 18" M Double-Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 135M, (Deletes compact spare tire), High-Gloss Shadow Line.

The M Aero Kit (or M Aerodynamic Package) is JUST the cosmetic body pieces, and can be ordered and installed after the fact. The M Aero Kit is available under a unified part number as a service part:

51 71 0 396 683 (vehicles without PDC)
51 71 0 396 684 (vehicles with PDC)

The M Aero Kit can be:

- Ordered as part of the retail vehicle order and installed at the factory on some models in some markets
- Ordered as a retail part OR a service part and installed at the VPC before the vehicle arrives at the dealer in some markets
- Ordered completely after the fact as standalone service parts and painted and installed separately

You can also get the individual pieces of the M Aero Kit (i.e., just the front bumper), but there are a lot more part numbers than just the bumper itself. There's fog lights, clips, screws, and all manner of other pieces, but your dealer should be able to figure it out. If you want the whole thing, just use the unified part number above.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

Sorry guys, I'm actually referring to the M Aero Kits. Sorry for the confusions.

gf366- Are you referring the BC Autosports at Warden and 14th? I think that shop only sell replicas and mostly for Japanese cars. But I'll go check anyway. Thanks! And yes, I thought of buy it in HK, but how the hell can I bring them back??? I have even thought about buying the rims in HK since they are so much cheaper than Canada. But again, very hard to bring back bo.

AC_S5- I went to Maranello, Town & Country and Downtown BMW, they all said they can't get it. (at least as of now, not sure if they can in the future) :thumbsdown:

I really like to install a body kit as my E60 is white and it will looks much nicer with the kits. But WHERE to find one???
Old 10-05-2005, 07:38 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by Bambi' date='Oct 5 2005, 10:20 AM
Sorry guys, I'm actually referring to the M Aero Kits. Sorry for the confusions.?

I really like to install a body kit as my E60 is white and it will looks much nicer with the kits. But WHERE to find one????
[snapback]179789[/snapback]
Your dealer's parts department should just be able to order it using the part numbers I gave you above...
Old 10-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bambi' date='Oct 5 2005, 09:20 AM
Sorry guys, I'm actually referring to the M Aero Kits. Sorry for the confusions.?

gf366- Are you referring the BC Autosports at Warden and 14th? I think that shop only sell replicas and mostly for Japanese cars. But I'll go check anyway. Thanks! And yes, I thought of buy it in HK, but how the hell can I bring them back??? I have even thought about buying the rims in HK since they are so much cheaper than Canada. But again, very hard to bring back bo.

BC Auto... I guess you are talking about Bell Chan, right!!? I'd honestly had too much "not-good" experience (am I too conservative??) w/ this shop... I don't think I'll take my Bimmer to BC Auto... This place is only good for some boys who want some inexpensive ricey mods to their Japanese... Thus, most of the stuff from BC auto are imported from Asia...

The shop I'm talking about is a true "workshop" for Bimmer, owned and operated by some Europeans...

For your information, if you'd really want to purchase some "big" items from Hong Kong, my friend owns a shop in HK who ships used parts to US and Canada everyday, maybe he can help you on that...
Old 10-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Oct 5 2005, 11:39 PM
[quote name='Bambi' date='Oct 5 2005, 09:20 AM']Sorry guys, I'm actually referring to the M Aero Kits. Sorry for the confusions.?

BC Auto... I guess you are talking about Bell Chan, right!!? I'd honestly had too much "not-good" experience (am I too conservative??) w/ this shop... I don't think I'll take my Bimmer to BC Auto... This place is only good for some boys who want some inexpensive ricey mods to their Japanese... Thus, most of the stuff from BC auto are imported from Asia...

The shop I'm talking about is a true "workshop" for Bimmer, owned and operated by some Europeans...

For your information, if you'd really want to purchase some "big" items from Hong Kong, my friend owns a shop in HK who ships used parts to US and Canada everyday, maybe he can help you on that...
[snapback]179803[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ah.. I know which shop you are talking about, it is the one beside Shell gas station? Opposite to where Knob Hill Farms used to be?

gf366 you are right, Bell Chan doesn't do a good job. I think is not too hard too ship parts from HK to Canada as long as you have the money. Alot of people do it.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 5 2005, 09:54 AM
Ah.. I know which shop you are talking about, it is the one beside Shell gas station?? Opposite to where Knob Hill Farms used to be?

gf366 you are right, Bell Chan doesn't do a good job.? I think is not too hard too ship parts from HK to Canada as long as you have the money.? Alot of people do it.
[snapback]179807[/snapback]
Nope... I think I know which one you meant, but not that one... The one I'm talking about is actually on woodbine, south of hwy 7... If nobody leads you there, I don't think you'll ever be able to find it... I think that shop called Bavarian or something like that... (too bad that I'd just came back from Toronto less than 1 month)
Old 10-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bambi' date='Oct 5 2005, 11:20 PM
AC_S5- I went to Maranello, Town & Country and Downtown BMW, they all said they can't get it. (at least as of now, not sure if they can in the future)? :thumbsdown:

Yeah white does look nice with body kit, did you check out those photo of this Japanese guy who mod his white E60, f**king nice man.

Now you can check out Autohaus and the new one in midtown near 404 and Lawrence.

Quick Reply: Canada M-Sport kits