E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex.br' date='Jul 17 2005, 04:09 AM
Here some pics from the M5.

Attachment 9122
Attachment 9124
Attachment 9123
Attachment 9125
[snapback]149968[/snapback]

Thanks for the M5 pics Alex......Do you know for a fact that this is indeed what they call "ALU Shadow"? As far as I can tell this trim looks just like the ALU Feinschliff in sg530's car, which brings me back to one of my original questions: If this is in fact the ALU Shadow (which I assume it is, since that is the only brushed Alu trim listed as available on the M5), then what is the difference between this and the Alu Feinschliff in sg530's car to warrant a different name. Also, why did they use the name "shadow" which is normally used with darker colors?.....this looks like a light shade to me.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jul 18 2005, 06:25 AM
[quote name='Alex.br' date='Jul 17 2005, 04:09 AM']Here some pics from the M5.

Attachment 9122
Attachment 9124
Attachment 9123
Attachment 9125
[snapback]149968[/snapback]

Thanks for the M5 pics Alex......Do you know for a fact that this is indeed what they call "ALU Shadow"? As far as I can tell this trim looks just like the ALU Feinschliff in sg530's car, which brings me back to one of my original questions: If this is in fact the ALU Shadow (which I assume it is, since that is the only brushed Alu trim listed as available on the M5), then what is the difference between this and the Alu Feinschliff in sg530's car to warrant a different name. Also, why did they use the name "shadow" which is normally used with darker colors?.....this looks like a light shade to me.
[snapback]150208[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry Rudy, where did you see this info about "ALU Shadow"? I just checked it with my dealer and they told me that ALU Feinschliff is the same of ALU brushed.
They didn't notice anything about ALU Shadow!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alex.br' date='Jul 19 2005, 04:44 PM
Sorry Rudy, where did you see this info about "ALU Shadow"? I just checked it with my dealer and they told me that ALU Feinschliff is the same of ALU brushed.
They didn't notice anything about ALU Shadow!
[snapback]150913[/snapback]

Initially I assumed that the M5 brushed aluminum trim was the Alu Feinschliff becuause it looked identical to pictures I had seen of the Feinschliff. I then looked at the "Build your BMW" on BMW UK's website as well as the PDF brochure on BMW.de and noticed that BMW UK called it "Brushed Aluminium Shadow" and BMW.de called it "Alu Shadow, geb?rstet". If you go to page 14 of the German PDF borchure (Click Here), you'll see in the left hand column in the "Interieurleisten:" section it is listed as "Alu Shadow, geb?rstet".

I tried to look up the part numbers in the ETK parts CD and sure enough there are references to both ALU Shadow and ALU Feinschliff in the M5 section, and they have different part numbers for each trim.....yet in all the pictures of the M5 the brushed aluminum (if it is in fact the Alu Shadow) looks exactly the same as Feinschliff.

It got even more confusing because the ETK also lists something in the Aluminum trim section called "Anthrazit", for which I have seen no other reference anywhere else, certainly not in the M5 brochure.

I don't really care about the Anthrazit.......but I would be happy if I could find out whether all the pictures of the M5's with the brushed aluminum trim that I have seen are in fact the Alu Shadow, and if so why do they look identical to the Alu Feinschliff even though the part numbers are different.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jul 20 2005, 07:40 AM
Initially I assumed that the M5 brushed aluminum trim was the Alu Feinschliff becuause it looked identical to pictures I had seen of the Feinschliff.? I then looked at the "Build your BMW" on BMW UK's website as well as the PDF brochure on BMW.de and noticed that BMW UK called it "Brushed Aluminium Shadow" and BMW.de called it "Alu Shadow, geb?rstet".? If you go to page 14 of the German PDF borchure (Click Here), you'll see in the left hand column in the "Interieurleisten:" section it is listed as "Alu Shadow, geb?rstet".?

I tried to look up the part numbers in the ETK parts CD and sure enough there are references to both ALU Shadow and ALU Feinschliff in the M5 section, and they have different part numbers for each trim.....yet in all the pictures of the M5 the brushed aluminum (if it is in fact the Alu Shadow) looks exactly the same as Feinschliff.?

It got even more confusing because the ETK also lists something in the Aluminum trim section called "Anthrazit", for which I have seen no other reference anywhere else, certainly not in the M5 brochure.

I don't really care about the Anthrazit.......but I would be happy if I could find out whether all the pictures of the M5's with the brushed aluminum trim that I have seen are in fact the Alu Shadow, and if so why do they look identical to the Alu Feinschliff even though the part numbers are different.
[snapback]151068[/snapback]

Hi Rody,

Any news? I ordered the ALU Feinschliff trim. This is the brushed one. I found that the Anthrazit is something like satin. This trim comes on the new 320 series and for me it looks like a painted trim.

About the ALU Shadow ...... nothing
Old 08-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Members

My set of 12 pieces of fineline trims, ///M door sills, and hinged storage compartment went in on 5 Aug. What a difference from the alu wave cut/ruthenium door handles originally in the car. The best part is the installer only charged me US$60 for all 13 items because he had to touch up the M5 mirrors anyway, so the front door panels had to come off anyway. Gotta love installers who know what they're doing and aren't unionized.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 1997 M3/4 Cosmos Black

What type E60 5 series is this? That steering wheel is on the SMG models (U.S.A), but this appears to be a 6-speed manual?

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jul 5 2005, 03:04 AM
...and some more pictures I found in the Gallery section of the ALU CUBE.? These are from Janne Karlsson's Gallery.? These are especially helpful to me in deciding whether I want to go with the ALU CUBE or not because the car has Auburn interior (like mine), and there are many closeup pictures of the two center trim pieces that I asked about in my above posts.? However, the car does not have NAV PRO, so the trim below the CD drive has the big storage bin hole in it and it is not solid like mine would be:

[snapback]145863[/snapback]
Old 10-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SleepR' date='Oct 8 2005, 10:07 AM
What type E60 5 series is this?? That steering wheel is on the SMG models (U.S.A), but this appears to be a 6-speed manual?
That's a bog standard M Sport Package which is available in most LHD and RHD markets (except, notably, for the North American and Singapore/Malaysia markets).

The M Sport Steering Wheel with SMG cut outs is identical to the one in the picture except for the price (70% more) which gets you tri-coloured stitching and cut outs for the SMG paddles on the back of the spokes at 9pm and 3am..
Old 10-08-2005, 05:35 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 1997 M3/4 Cosmos Black

Thank you for the info.

Well, DANG! I'll have to wait until BMW NA brings the M Sport package 550i to the USA market! How long do you think that will be? 2007? 2008?

I don't care much for the aluminum trim, but the steering wheel, shift knob, and pedals, are the TEETS

Does the M Sport Package come standard with that aluminum trim, or can you get brushed aluminum, or plain black maple?

Originally Posted by 6spdMan' date='Oct 8 2005, 12:47 AM
[quote name='SleepR' date='Oct 8 2005, 10:07 AM']What type E60 5 series is this?? That steering wheel is on the SMG models (U.S.A), but this appears to be a 6-speed manual?
That's a bog standard M Sport Package which is available in most LHD and RHD markets (except, notably, for the North American and Singapore/Malaysia markets).

The M Sport Steering Wheel with SMG cut outs is identical to the one in the picture except for the price (70% more) which gets you tri-coloured stitching and cut outs for the SMG paddles on the back of the spokes at 9pm and 3am..
[snapback]181202[/snapback]
[/quote]