E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CAN PDC SENSORS GET PAINTED?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i Alpine White

Originally Posted by balbs
Try putting a piece of vinyl on it before you paint just to test it out. See if the transducers still work with it. You can always peel the vinyl off.

Not a bad idea. But isn't vinyl going to be thicker than paint? I'll try to test it anyways. Thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by bimmerboyali
I'll only tell you if u sell me your white M5 mirrors, LOL

Ok after searching and talking to a few BMW LCI fanatics, there is possibly a plastic adapter that I just ordered from BMW that allows us LCI owners to use our small size PDC's to fit onto the MTECH bumper, which has the bigger hole. The 4 pieces cost like $20. I'll get u the part number. There is a different one for the rear sensors. Those are like $8 a piece. But I just found some used PDC from the wrecking yard that should just plug into my wire harness and hopefully work. The sensors fit alot of BMW's. So they are common. Try looking on craigslist or calling the junkyards in your area prices are like $25 on the low end to $75 a piece. Silver and black are the 2 common colors, my car is white and u dont see too many white sensors. Maybe down south where u are. Anyways I'll keep u updated.
Do you have a part number? Sounds like you just ordered the LCI PDC mounts which will not help you. I can tell you from my experience that the OEM Mtech bumpers have molded PDC mounts.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:37 PM
New Members

My Ride: e61

Originally Posted by bimmerboyali
I'll only tell you if u sell me your white M5 mirrors, LOL

Ok after searching and talking to a few BMW LCI fanatics, there is possibly a plastic adapter that I just ordered from BMW that allows us LCI owners to use our small size PDC's to fit onto the MTECH bumper, which has the bigger hole. The 4 pieces cost like $20. I'll get u the part number. There is a different one for the rear sensors. Those are like $8 a piece. But I just found some used PDC from the wrecking yard that should just plug into my wire harness and hopefully work. The sensors fit alot of BMW's. So they are common. Try looking on craigslist or calling the junkyards in your area prices are like $25 on the low end to $75 a piece. Silver and black are the 2 common colors, my car is white and u dont see too many white sensors. Maybe down south where u are. Anyways I'll keep u updated.
Hello mate,

could you please tell me how to find these plastic adapters?

I'm struggling the same problem with the sensors - my car is LCI and I bought Mtech bumpers which has bigger holes.

Anyone, please?
Old 01-29-2020, 04:08 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi touring
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Lazov
Hello mate,

could you please tell me how to find these plastic adapters?

I'm struggling the same problem with the sensors - my car is LCI and I bought Mtech bumpers which has bigger holes.

Anyone, please?
I'm also very interested in these adapters.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

bimmerboyali has not posted here in over three years. You might try PMing him so it goes to his email.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:56 PM
New Members

My Ride: e61

I tried already but no answer yet.

So I hope someone else found a solution during the years and will share it :-)