E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Calipers & Hubs Painted - 100% done

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='913939
I have to give you credit, Brett. When you first joined, your car looked like absolute shit, especially with all that chrome. After listening mainly to my wise advice, you now have one of the hottest AW E60's on this forum. Keep up the great work, especially the DIY's!
Thanks a lot, like i said it means a lot coming from the owner of that amazing m5. Wait till i get the kit on it

Originally Posted by theXman' post='913948' date='Jun 16 2009, 09:55 PM
Brett - For the record, you're the 1st female on this forum who has successfully painted the calipers by herself. Two big thumbs up for you. Nice DIY.
Thank you!!! I dont deserve all the credit, the forum diy's and help from other members was what helped me do this. Once i get rollin with a little confidence in my idea it seems to come together. i was really scared at first but this was CAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

Rizbel-
thanks for sharing that, i did not know! i was just being an extra cautious, scared, diy noob. this is the first time ive ever done anything with the brakes/calipers/rotors on any car. So what your telling me is its ok to spray the entire front of the caliper?

On a side note: Hangover - simply speechless. go see it and laugh your ass off. its on the same level as old school and wedding crashers!!

good night guys and girls
-Brett
Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I love you Brett hahaha

seriously, I wish all women were at least 10% as passionate about cars as you!

I'm not even saying anything about the calipers and hubs - you know what I got to about that, so no point in goin on and on and on about how you did an awesome job and how amazing it looks and how great you did and that the paint is excellent and that you did everything perfectly and bla bla bla... well, I guess, goin on about it a little bit didn't hurt much

You're awesome
Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

nicely done! congrats!!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='914134' date='Jun 16 2009, 10:22 PM
So what your telling me is its ok to spray the entire front of the caliper?

On a side note: Hangover - simply speechless. go see it and laugh your ass off. its on the same level as old school and wedding crashers!!

-Brett
Just go easy with the brush and minimize paint drips. You did great .
I'm sure to watch Hangover this week with the wife. Thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Senior Members

looks good. i want to do this bad but to lazy to do it
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looks good Brett
Old 06-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Contributors

This whole setup would look real badass with some new cross drilled rotors but i cant afford those right now. would rather invest in a front bumper and some sides!!

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='914141
Just go easy with the brush and minimize paint drips. You did great .
I'm sure to watch Hangover this week with the wife. Thanks
Its so funny, one of those movies you need to watch 10 times before you see all the funny parts because there is so much laughing that it carries over into the next scene and you dont pick up on everything!! instant classic

Originally Posted by xoeightx' post='914171
looks good Brett
Thank you!!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

Dayam fine job Brett...your car has truly come a long way and done a great job with the DIY's
Old 06-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='914134' date='Jun 17 2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments!

I know you love all my threads. at least i can with every new thread more and more are gaining content and useful stuff for other members im not just sitting back and not being a contributor (not talking about just giving a donation)

Thanks a lot, like i said it means a lot coming from the owner of that amazing m5. Wait till i get the kit on it

Thank you!!! I dont deserve all the credit, the forum diy's and help from other members was what helped me do this. Once i get rollin with a little confidence in my idea it seems to come together. i was really scared at first but this was CAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

Rizbel-
thanks for sharing that, i did not know! i was just being an extra cautious, scared, diy noob. this is the first time ive ever done anything with the brakes/calipers/rotors on any car. So what your telling me is its ok to spray the entire front of the caliper?

-Brett
Great job! Looks fab!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Looks great, it one of the ones on my to do list too, now if I could just decide on color........

Quick Reply: Calipers & Hubs Painted - 100% done