E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

black mirrors | plasti-dipped

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you have a primed mirror :thumbsdown:
Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

i think that high gloss might look better but the matte black is nice as well. if you like it i love it....esp since my mirrors are matte black right now too...
Old 10-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

I plasti dip my spoiler after seeing all these plasti dip threads... then I took it off and got it painted instead... The texture looks and feels like after a week of dust it would be hard to clean off.. but maybe I did it wrong. Congrats yours looks better.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

[quote name='nomis_nehc' timestamp='1318998300' post='1391966']
How many coats did you do? Plasti Dip is known to be pretty tough. Back a year ago when I had my grilles Plasti Dipped, they were super tough. Never a chip.
[/quote

A couple of coats, gonna touch it up this weekend if it doesn't rain... How many coats did you apply?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

fail :thumbsdown: truy to re do it but this time use gloss black to give it a more smooth and flowing texture...
IMHO
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by dragonfx
How many coats did you do? Plasti Dip is known to be pretty tough. Back a year ago when I had my grilles Plasti Dipped, they were super tough. Never a chip.
[/quote

A couple of coats, gonna touch it up this weekend if it doesn't rain... How many coats did you apply?
I remember I did three coats.

John: yah, that's how the texture turns out if you spray heavy coats. Supposedly if you do thin coats, it's possible to have it be somewhat smooth. At least that's what I have read.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

Originally Posted by RYNO311
Looks good man! I would curious to see how it looks close up. From a distance, it looks niiiiice!
thanks man really appreciate it but its funny you should mention that, I actually have to touch up because that when I did it so late when I was letting it dry the dew/moisture like built up on the top of the mirror and there are circles of a white-ish tint when you look closely
Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dragonfx
looks good! I had my grill plasti dipped in May and now some chips are apparent. Let us know how it holds up against rock dings and chips. I like the look, good job!
Also, are those Miro 942's? If so, where did you get your BMW center caps??? thanks man...
thank you and yeah they are I got center cap stickers like these, I actually suggest getting two sets because I had one fall off after a long drive with decent speeds, and I had to drive around with one missing while I waited for the next set to arrive and I felt like a scrub
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
Looks like you have a primed mirror :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by jg525i
fail :thumbsdown: truy to re do it but this time use gloss black to give it a more smooth and flowing texture...
IMHO
Thanks for the honest opinions guys and is there such thing as a glossy finish plasti-dip? I used plasti dip instead of paint because of the fact that it can be removed and Im way too impatient to try vinyl
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by west
OP, thanks for posting/doing this. I actually have the same color and was debating doing my mirrors as well. Looks good so I think I'll give this a shot. I did my fender grills in plasti-dip the other day and it was easy to work with. Here is a before/after photo that I took at the time. As you can see, the finish on the plasti-dip isn't perfectly smooth, but its consistent throughout:
Nice! If youre considering it, definitely do it man. worst case you take it off

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
this guy lol...congrats man!
Thanks Khan! now get on that trim bro lol Ill do it for you if you want me to

Originally Posted by JayCe28
Damn bro that looks nice... U just gave motivated me to do them on mine nice bro !
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by umichchris
i think that high gloss might look better but the matte black is nice as well. if you like it i love it....esp since my mirrors are matte black right now too...
haha well I like glossy better but not the price plus your mirrors are matte cause you are a boss and did your whole car haha

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I remember I did three coats.

John: yah, that's how the texture turns out if you spray heavy coats. Supposedly if you do thin coats, it's possible to have it be somewhat smooth. At least that's what I have read.
yeah I did 4-5 really thin coats to be as smooth as possible and it really did come out that, way Ill take close up pics tomorrow when I get some time

Quick Reply: black mirrors | plasti-dipped