E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bimmian VMR wheels: disasterous experience, and need feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 06:44 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2002 325xiT 5sp
Default Bimmian VMR wheels: disasterous experience, and need feedback

Hi all,

Canadian driver here. I contemplated putting this thread in the tires/wheels section but it's more of a general parts discussion for a vender. Mods feel free to move this thread.

I'm looking for opinions or advice on my next steps. I purchased a set of VMR VB3 hypersilver 8.5x18 et 40 wheels for my 2007 530xiT back in the summer. It took a while for them to get delivered, but eventually after much hounding and very poor communication on Bimmians part, I received them. That was that.

In September, I had to get a VMR rim warrantied. It was a pretty strange circumstance where the rim just sorta broke (not a crack, but more of a major fracture) after hitting SOMETHING. To this day I still don't know if/what I ran over. I was reluctant to call Bimmian because I know in the past they have always messed something up. For instance, on that order alone, they charged my customs on a supposedly customs-free item (rectified post-hoc), and a huge lack of communication regarding delays in shipping my wheels (took 1-2 months). The short of it is that Bimmian graciously agreed to warranty the wheel. For this I was quite appreciative. I just hoped everything would go smoothly. I was wrong.

Keep in mind that generally, Bimmian will NOT return calls, but will respond to messages q2 days usually. THroughout this whole ordeal, it was me constantly calling and chasing them around, since they would rarely fulfill their agreement and "call me by the end of the day", or "I meant to call you....it was on my list of things to do".

In the first week of September they agreed to warranty it, stating this is an extenuating circumstance and they will make it a priority to get me a wheel. In the meantime, I rode on my brand new winter tires and rims =(. The first week was a pain. I dealt directly with Mr. Steve Ghulab (sp?). Eventually he said he dealt directly with VMR president, who agreed to send me a wheel. Given that the circumstances, I expected quick shipping instead of going through their usual USA - Buffalo - Toronto - delivery routes. Weeks went by. I checked in once or twice a week for updates, to which the answer was either "I'll let you know by the end of the day", or "I'll let you know when I know". I had no solid concrete evidence that my rim was in fact shipped. Five or six weeks later, I again phoned in on a Monday, and was told that he meant to call me the week prior to say the wheel was in the Buffalo warehouse and should get to me that week. I called in a week later, only to receive more frustrating news: My wheel was not in the shipment to Buffalo. I was then told that he made arrangements days prior with VMR to ship the wheel rushed directly to my home. He had known this news for some time but didn't get aroudn to calling me. I have requested the shipping details to ensure there is indeed a real honest-to-goodness circular metal object in transit somewhere with my name on it, but I have yet to hear back. I will try again tomorrow.

At this point I am very frustrated. I sort of knew this would happen, but figured I'd give it another chance given that it was a warrantied item. Right now, I don't care if I do get the wheel or not. If I could just had a concrete yes or no whether it is on it's way, I would be a happy man. I have probably ruined a good portion of my winter tires after driving on 'em for going on seven weeks now. I am completely willing to pay the additional money out of pocket through another company (eg. SimplyTire in Toronto) as I was at the beginning, but do not wish to be stuck with TWO extra VMR rims.

What are my options? Given all that has happened, I do not have high hopes that tracking info will be given to me, or a that a rim has actually be sent. Other than offering my poor experiences on forums such as these and likely never purchasing from Bimmian again, what else can I do to let me concerns be known?

I'm stuck and very frustrated and would appreciate input, good or bad, from members.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:19 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i sport package with Mteck & M5 Rims Mpower

Wow .. What an experience my friend , have to try talking to a manager or some higher ? You can also try buying an aftermarket Rim you only need one right ? Called them again explain your time and frustration and treat them with a law suit tell them that if you don't hear from them with shipping info in a week they will hear from your lawyer this mait work try my friend . But good anyways good luck and keep us posted
Old 10-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Can you go directly to VMR? Bimmian is just a reseller, not the manufacturer of the wheel. So if you have a proof of purchase, I don't see why you can't deal with them directly.

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/contact.html

Last edited by Boost7; 10-17-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:14 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Boost7
Can you go directly to VMR? Bimmian is just a reseller, not the manufacturer of the wheel. So if you have a proof of purchase, I don't see why you can't deal with them directly.

VMR Wheels by Velocity Motoring - Purchase / Contact us
The wheel is expected to arrive today. I received shipping information.

I know Bimmian is just a reseller, so a component of this is out of their control. What IS in their control is customer service: calling customers back, following through on their words, and just generally advocating. That's probably what bugged me the most.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:21 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 545i Manual, Sport, L7
Model Year: 2005

I have bad experience with Bimmian also. I bought an side market from them and they started discoloring in few weeks. They refused to replace or exchange it. I'll never buy anything from them again.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Margal
I have bad experience with Bimmian also. I bought an side market from them and they started discoloring in few weeks. They refused to replace or exchange it. I'll never buy anything from them again.
In all fairness though, they do have the best price around. If all goes as planned, you can get an 18" set for as low as 750ish+tax, but their prices tend to fluctuate.

I did end up receiving my wheel directly from VMR and was happy to pay the extra duty. Unfortunately, when I put my wheels back on, the garage told me one of the other VB3s was bent as well. Ugh!

Scott