E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BIG news - my engine overheated

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
honestly man just fix the issue, its still a good car but like any car with higher mileage it needs actual attention to detail. Not saying you didn't do this but there is something to be said for not having a car payment and just putting in the repairs.

Unless you plan on doing leases every few years, just fix your lil work horse and stop quoting ancient russian bs lol
Not like I didn't give it attention. At this point, I'd much rather just have BMW buy it back at some more or less reasonable price and I'd start leasing cars. It is becoming VERY painfully clear that owning BMWs is just not an option anymore.

I hope your engine doesn't fail without any reason/warning, so you don't have to hear yourself tell yourself the kind of shit you just told me btw dick!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Contributors

Just FYI you all, I am supposed to get married this summer - and it ain't like someone else will be paying for the wedding. So thanks, BMW...
Old 06-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Just FYI you all, I am supposed to get married this summer - and it ain't like someone else will be paying for the wedding. So thanks, BMW...
Congrats on the wedding Vladdy Yeah, that is way more important than fixing the car. I'd probably get what I could and get a new car myself, but it would be another 5er
Old 06-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Senior Members

I went thru this myself with my engine rebuild, in the end I figured fixing my car would be cheaper then buying the one I want, plus with everything you've done PLUS you could be jumpin into new probs with another car
Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Congrats V! Hopefully this ordeal will be over soon so you can focus on everything else

-Marc
Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Congrats on the wedding Vladdy Yeah, that is way more important than fixing the car. I'd probably get what I could and get a new car myself, but it would be another 5er
Thanks Bro! I'm trying to kind of keep in on the dl tho... not really even sure why.

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
I went thru this myself with my engine rebuild, in the end I figured fixing my car would be cheaper then buying the one I want, plus with everything you've done PLUS you could be jumpin into new probs with another car
What happened with yours? I think I remember reading something on it, but not sure...

If I switch cars, I'd go for a newer car lease, which is under warranty. No more Bimmers out of warranty for me I've been thinking to find a nice lease swap for a short term.

Originally Posted by Krozi
Congrats V! Hopefully this ordeal will be over soon so you can focus on everything else

-Marc
Thanks, Marc! I kind of slacked off this whole week, just don't feel like doing anything to this piece of junk - so disappointed
Old 06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Banned

Russian you sound like a nice guy but lets be realistic here.

Why in the world would BMWNA give you anything or help you with a car nearing 100k miles? Nor should they. YOU opted to own this car out of warranty, YOU opted to not pay for an aftermarket or extended warranty and YOU chose to ignore signs of a leak or problems with teh "if it aint broke dont fix it" mantra.

Now all that is fine and well, and is your choice, but why is it BMW's problem for your choice to gamble on keeping the car with no warranty and letting a leak go on for years without checking it out?

The engine did not "fail" you had a common problem which is a leak somewhere in the system. It probably was minor if you would have addressed it when you noticed the leak a long time ago but you waited and that is what happens. Maybe it was a coincidence but any sign of a leak or trouble, it is on you if you choose to ignore it.

I wish you the best but I really do not agree with people wanting something for nothing. Many people spend thousands on extended warranty for peace of mind and often do not end up needing it and waste 4-5k. While you saved the money and yet want the free fix or a buy-back AND did not want to spend money on a warranty.

You pay to play and gambling runs a risk. Sounds like owning a bmw is not for you out of warranty if you cannot afford this type of repair. I have conciously chosen to never own a bmw (or car for that matter) out of warranty after I got rid of my e60 because of situations like this. Id rather lease new and never worry about it but that is my personal choice. If you do not like getting new or cannot afford it, then stick to a car with low repair costs or easy DIY such as honda's etc.

I wish you well but please do not try to be the type to want something for nothing
Old 06-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

^ wow, in for a shitstorm.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Members

Yea diamond but cmon, this is catastrophic engine failure that happened under 100k miles which is just crazy, not to mention v has meticulously taken care of his car
Old 06-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Banned

How is this catastrophic engine failure? He had a leak that he left unfixed despite knowing it was leaking (per his own admittance) and the problem built so that a failure ended up happening, overheatinga nd probably damaged the block.

Meticulous care includes fixing problems early when noticing signs. Leaking oil is a no brainer fix ALWAYS. There is never a reason for a engine to lose coolant or leak oil aside from burning extra.

It sucks do not get me wrong but isn't that the gamble you take with owning a car and not getting a warranty? How is that fair for all the people who bought a warranty out there?

Needless to say bmwna will not do a thing so its a moot point but hypothetically the fact he is asking for something from them is the point.

Quick Reply: BIG news - my engine overheated