E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bi-Xenon Pre-LCI to Xenon LCI retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i want to get this done myself but im trying to find somebody who will do the labor here, im from stockton,CA nobody around me that i know about
Old 03-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Members

Are these angel eyes bright as the new cars 2011 i see these days??
Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Freflyr
yeah i want to get this done myself but im trying to find somebody who will do the labor here, im from stockton,CA nobody around me that i know about
I believe Umnitza will do the labor.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Freflyr
Are these angel eyes bright as the new cars 2011 i see these days??
Which angel eyes are you talking about Orion's or HID ones? The orion's are as close as the F10 you can get on the E60 where as HID will just look like a bright beam.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Cwest
I believe Umnitza will do the labor.
Umnitza is at least a good 2 plus hour away for the guy still though. Plus the last pricing I heard from them was rather high. The lady they did the retrofit for last time had some kind of personal relationship, so she was majorly hooked up.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Umnitza is at least a good 2 plus hour away for the guy still though. Plus the last pricing I heard from them was rather high. The lady they did the retrofit for last time had some kind of personal relationship, so she was majorly hooked up.
Aleks in Fremont does LCI conversion if your looking to get it done. He has a store front and he does a lot of work on E90 fourm and does programming. PM me for more info.

http://www.alekshop.com/
Old 04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Members

I've been wanting to do this mod for a while. Does anyone know anyone in houston that will do the retrofit?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

itz CracK,
Hopefully you don't mind that I posted some information regarding part numbers you listed, in another thread.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/106...3#entry1335673

Some of us are in the process of completing this update also. Would you mind jumping into that post and sharing your experience regarding re-use of the AHL/ALC modules? Some say despite the fact that the part numbers are the same between Pre-LCI and LCI, that the modules do not work if taken from the old head lights and used on the new ones. Did you re-use yours and did they function correctly? If so, was coding for these modules necessary also?

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

Originally Posted by Georgieb
itz CracK,
Hopefully you don't mind that I posted some information regarding part numbers you listed, in another thread.

Some of us are in the process of completing this update also. Would you mind jumping into that post and sharing your experience regarding re-use of the AHL/ALC modules? Some say despite the fact that the part numbers are the same between Pre-LCI and LCI, that the modules do not work if taken from the old head lights and used on the new ones. Did you re-use yours and did they function correctly? If so, was coding for these modules necessary also?

Hey, No problem glad to help .. I made the thread to help fellow members out on the conversion
Old 06-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M Sport

Originally Posted by Georgieb
itz CracK,

Hi Georgieb,

I've done this conversion, and my car's build date is 12/06 so I was able to use the existing LM, bulbs and ballasts. The AHL modules (often called the SMC modules) ended with part number 312 so I figured I could re-use them. Turns out you can't. The lights do a "sweep" on startup, then about 20 seconds later you get a "Cornering lights failure" on the check control.
NCSexpert cannot communicate with the modules for some reason either. So I bought 2 new modules from the dealer (same part number, ending 312) and fitted them. I got no errors, however they still need coding after you fit them. My car is right hand drive (I'm in the UK). The passenger side light was moving to the right when I turned the wheel to the left! However after coding, everything works perfectly, no errors!

This is what I did to code them:
Get a blank .MAN file and run SG_CODERIEN for both 2LSMC and 2RSMC (they are listed right at the top of the list of modules).

People have mentioned that you need to ground out pin 12 on the driver's side harness. I didn't do this, and they coded fine.

Hope that helps!
Dal.

Quick Reply: Bi-Xenon Pre-LCI to Xenon LCI retrofit