E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Better handling, eliminate body roll without affecting warranty. How?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMW4Ever' post='737976' date='Dec 4 2008, 04:17 PM
Just shocks? No springs?
Stage 1 Suspension System - 535i
The Stage 1 Suspension System represents the foundation for high performance handling. Comprised of carefully matched performance springs and Koni rebound adjustable struts and shocks, the system reduces the pitch and roll associated with the stock suspension, providing increased grip for faster and more predictable cornering capabilities. The shock valving and droop-limits have been custom tuned for superior handling, without sacrificing a well dampened, comfortable ride. The rebound dampening characteristics are user adjustable, providing the driver with the ability to fine tune for varying conditions, driving style and comfort. The modestly lower ride height gives the 535 an even more aggressive stance, as well as improving suspension geometry for tight and predictable handling.

There is matching springs and shocks... If your able to find any reviews on Dinan tuned cars, for example in European Car, the Dinan packages are always rated very highly...
Old 12-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='738240' date='Dec 4 2008, 10:19 PM
Stage 1 Suspension System - 535i
The Stage 1 Suspension System represents the foundation for high performance handling. Comprised of carefully matched performance springs and Koni rebound adjustable struts and shocks, the system reduces the pitch and roll associated with the stock suspension, providing increased grip for faster and more predictable cornering capabilities. The shock valving and droop-limits have been custom tuned for superior handling, without sacrificing a well dampened, comfortable ride. The rebound dampening characteristics are user adjustable, providing the driver with the ability to fine tune for varying conditions, driving style and comfort. The modestly lower ride height gives the 535 an even more aggressive stance, as well as improving suspension geometry for tight and predictable handling.

There is matching springs and shocks... If your able to find any reviews on Dinan tuned cars, for example in European Car, the Dinan packages are always rated very highly...
Thanks mhs525. Do you know if these springs are adjustable? For example if I want to go with 19 or 20" rims with no gap in the wheel well, will I be able to accomplish that with the Stage1 kit?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

Originally Posted by cleung' post='737995' date='Dec 4 2008, 04:48 PM
I don't have cold air on this car, I am planning on buying the rpi scoop and filter replacement. As mentioned Dinan is an option if you are worried about warranty, although Dinan is expensive and if you don't have a dinan dealer near by the warranty coverage doesn't really help you anyway. Dinan's policy is basically that if something happens to your car due to there parts they will fix it.
Ahh ok, thanks for the info. Yes I have a Dinan dealer close by. I think I will need the Dinan Stage1 kit for the suspension, but I dont think I need Diana strut bar, sway bars as that should not void any warranties.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Originally Posted by BMW4Ever' post='738548' date='Dec 5 2008, 10:41 PM
Ahh ok, thanks for the info. Yes I have a Dinan dealer close by. I think I will need the Dinan Stage1 kit for the suspension, but I dont think I need Diana strut bar, sway bars as that should not void any warranties.
i also have Bilstein Sprint shocks and H&R Sport, both Made in Germany, a fantastic combination.
if you just change the springs, the oem ones may crumble if you drive hard, and have bad roads in your area.
coilovers cost more and my invalidate the warranty and insurance (in HK anyway) but can be adjusted anytime.

I have buddies who have installed just the spring with Eibachs which they say has a slightly softer ride than H&R.
one has a H&R coilover, that rode smooth when i was in it.
Another has Bilstein PSS9+Eibachs.
H&R are tuv etc,. approved and only make springs- so would be my 1st choice
i don't know of Dinan, as i haven't seen them available in HK, but heard they have nice exhausts.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by billhk' post='738605' date='Dec 5 2008, 10:44 AM
i also have Bilstein Sprint shocks and H&R Sport, both Made in Germany, a fantastic combination.
if you just change the springs, the oem ones may crumble if you drive hard, and have bad roads in your area.
coilovers cost more and my invalidate the warranty and insurance (in HK anyway) but can be adjusted anytime.

I have buddies who have installed just the spring with Eibachs which they say has a slightly softer ride than H&R.
one has a H&R coilover, that rode smooth when i was in it.
Another has Bilstein PSS9+Eibachs.
H&R are tuv etc,. approved and only make springs- so would be my 1st choice
i don't know of Dinan, as i haven't seen them available in HK, but heard they have nice exhausts.
Once my finance term expires in 4 years *LOL* I can do anything I want, but right now I am concerned about warranty. My sales consultant tells me that only Dinan parts purchased and installed from the dealership here are covered by Dianan and BMW warranty.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Originally Posted by BMW4Ever' post='738610' date='Dec 5 2008, 11:50 PM
Once my finance term expires in 4 years *LOL* I can do anything I want, but right now I am concerned about warranty. My sales consultant tells me that only Dinan parts purchased and installed from the dealership here are covered by Dianan and BMW warranty.
i am also under warranty and have tough insurance terms, so snap.
go with dinan if they are covered, in HK only AC and M sport installed by the dealer are covered by warranty.
good luck
Old 12-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Members

Current special - 15% off Dinan parts Until Feb 28/09 ... check out the website

http://www.dinancars.com/store/home.php?&cat=767

http://www.dinancars.com/assets/File/Rebat...orm%2012_08.pdf

U know the Dinan upgrade job can also be done @

http://www.engineeredautomotive.com/Engine...e/Products.html

Originally Posted by BMW4Ever' post='738610' date='Dec 5 2008, 10:50 AM