E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AUX INSTALLED IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

where do you plan on putting the display screen ?
Old 11-28-2004, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by tedmundson' date='Nov 24 2004, 01:42 PM
where do you plan on putting the display screen ?
[snapback]60326[/snapback]

on the blank space in front of the computer, where some people have a cubby hole..
Old 12-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 28 2004, 06:53 PM
[quote name='tedmundson' date='Nov 24 2004, 01:42 PM']where do you plan on putting the display screen ?

on the blank space in front of the computer, where some people have a cubby hole..
[snapback]61814[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry guys, have searched the forums high and low but can't seem to find what might should be obvious...what is the P/n(s) for the AUX-INPUT on US cars? I've seen Lenk's install advice with the pins and what-not, but no mention of P/N's anywhere.

TIA
Old 12-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Dec 13 2004, 11:09 AM
[quote name='Guest' date='Nov 28 2004, 06:53 PM'][quote name='tedmundson' date='Nov 24 2004, 01:42 PM']where do you plan on putting the display screen ?

[snapback]61814[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry guys, have searched the forums high and low but can't seem to find what might should be obvious...what is the P/n(s) for the AUX-INPUT on US cars? I've seen Lenk's install advice with the pins and what-not, but no mention of P/N's anywhere.

TIA
[snapback]68638[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nevermind...I found it.

Now a follow-on question...Anyone in the SF Bay Area found a competent dealer to install the thing?
Old 12-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GER_545SMG,

I half-recommend Stevens Creek BMW. They just had AUX installed on my car and it was recognized by i-Drive, but it did not work, and there is no bass for my car now. Also, because of new SW update, driving in D sucks. It tries to shift up as much as possible causing the car feel heavy. It really annoys me. I have an appointment again on this week to fix these problems. They charged me $150 which is one hour of labor. I brought in the part which cost me around $90 (repair shop resale license discount only). If you bought it retail, it might cost you as much as $110 or more.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Dec 13 2004, 01:07 PM
GER_545SMG,

I half-recommend Stevens Creek BMW. They just had AUX installed on my car and it was recognized by i-Drive, but it did not work, and there is no bass for my car now. Also, because of new SW update, driving in D sucks. It tries to shift up as much as possible causing the car feel heavy. It really annoys me. I have an appointment again on this week to fix these problems. They charged me $150 which is one hour of labor. I brought in the part which cost me around $90 (repair shop resale license discount only).? If you bought it retail, it might cost you as much as $110 or more.
[snapback]68673[/snapback]

Thanks My530i. I guess I will try East Bay BMW. I called their parts and they said they could have it to me in 3 days. They are a center of excellence, so hoping they can figure things out quickly. What should I take them regarding instructions, etc...is this an officially sanctioned install now (i.e. covered under mfr warranty?). Did you have a PDF or something to show them? No matter who I go to, I can just imagine they are going to be like "huh?!?!?!" I stopped by Allison (BMW of Mountain View) and boy they just keep continuing to underimpress me. The parts guy was like " did you get this p/n off the internet or somethin'?" I responded yes and he gave me this really hateful look and continued "is that like one othem car clubs or somethin?", and then he said, "yeah, this isn't even for your model car". I've never, ever had a pleasant experience there, be it from a sales/service/parts experience. Just the definition of mediocre. I'm guessing they might be ok changing oil or lamp bulbs but you ask them to do anything else and they're just dumber than a bag of rocks. I think they're still on 13.2 software or something.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and I'll let you know how it goes with EB BMW. Good luck on your s/w update
Old 12-23-2004, 03:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Lenk' date='Nov 20 2004, 09:17 PM
Attachment 3470Attachment 3471I had the aux. which I self-installed a week ago enabled at Hendrick BMW via the coding (which is def. necessary) for the aux. to work. I have installed some pictures I how it was installed and what the screen looks like after installation. As can be seen I installed the aux. connector in the pocket underneath the CD player as it is still hidden? but is a little easier to access in terms of locale.

I installed the connector myself and there is definently a trick to installation applicable to the US (probably elsewhere as well)

**here is the trick. You must remove the pins from the connector in which the aux plug comes which and reinsert the connectors (for right, left and ground) to the existing connctor going into the CCC or MAS-K into the 2,7,8 slot which is open in the connector. This connector is where you find the output for the BASS subwoofer going to the amplifier in the trunk. Once these pins are installed into the pre-existing connector you can then proceed to have your dealer properly encode the the idrive to recognize the aux. input. there was in earlier thread which posted the rear of the CCC where the connectors are located for pin installations along with pin numbers.

Sorry I did not take pictures of the install but you can refer to the BMW TIS instructions of removal of the CCC computer (which is the CD slot) on how to access the connector necessary to install the pins (which attaches to the back of the CCC or MAS-K.
[snapback]58608[/snapback]

Lenk, I also got my cable from Hendrick. They stated that they would do the install and have scheduled it for the near future. Do you think it's worth letting them know this? Knowing Hendrick BMW it wont matter anyways??? what are folks paying typically for the installs and is it an easy enough think to do on your own? because they are trying to charge me like 100 bucks an hour...