E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AUX input, What is the part number?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 10:30 AM

Thanks ICE... Quick update...

I dropped off my car yesterday for the install of my AUX input... It was taking them so long that they gave me a loaner, I then asked about Bluetooth... they called BMWNA gave them my car VIN and BMWNA said all I needed was a software update and my car's bluetooth would work! so I also had them upgrade me to 15.x. No COST as this should be covered under warranty! (which they honored). they did charge me a 1hour labor for about 5 hours of AUX work.

I picked up my car later that day tested bluetooth and it worked outstanding!!!! clarity was great. very easy to setup w/a Motorola cell (not mine, mine on the way).

Next I noticed my Aux showed up on my idrive, I bought a cable from Radio shack plugged her up and it didnt do nothing. no sound... tried other cables nothing... so I took the car back and they are now keeping it over night and are telling me that they have to open an incident with BMWNA on it in order to get it to work...

Is there anything that I am doing incorrect WRT getting sound to play through it?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 11 2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks ICE... Quick update...

I dropped off my car yesterday for the install of my AUX input... It was taking them so long that they gave me a loaner, I then asked about Bluetooth... they called BMWNA gave them my car VIN and BMWNA said all I needed was a software update and my car's bluetooth would work! so I also had them upgrade me to 15.x. No COST as this should be covered under warranty! (which they honored). they did charge me a 1hour labor for about 5 hours of AUX work.

I picked up my car later that day tested bluetooth and it worked outstanding!!!! clarity was great. very easy to setup w/a Motorola cell (not mine, mine on the way).

Next I noticed my Aux showed up on my idrive, I bought a cable from Radio shack plugged her up and it didnt do nothing. no sound... tried other cables nothing... so I took the car back and they are now keeping it over night and are telling me that they have to open an incident with BMWNA on it in order to get it to work...

Is there anything that I am doing incorrect WRT getting sound to play through it?
[snapback]78152[/snapback]

fyi...I have a 2004 530i with Nav and Logic 7. I've been trying to get the aux adapter since I got the car. At first BMWNA said the part existed, now they are saying it doesn't exist and there are no plans to make it.

This, coupled with the fact that (a) the radio automatically turns on when I start the car, regardless of whether it was off when the car was turned off and (b) that I have no RDS, has made dealing with iDrive a generally frustrating experience.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 11 2005, 08:30 PM

[snapback]78152[/snapback]
Happened on mine too.
Something went wrong with the software update. They did the update again and everything is fine now.
Maybe you got a software update too...
Old 01-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

The dealer where I recently purchased my car from sent my 65 12 0 153 502 part Friday and I received it yesterday. I still need to schedule an install with a local dealer. The part was ordered and received by the dealer within one week. I was also told about the 60+ backorder, although they told me nothing indicated a long wait. I was pleasently suprised, just hope someone can get it working now.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 BMW 530i Orient Blue Metalic with Sport and Premium Package. Xenon Light. 35% tint, Red reflector, 123 type chrome rim.

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jan 5 2005, 04:16 PM
Welcome aboard, shadowreader !
[snapback]76073[/snapback]
Update.

The Aux part finally arrive. Crevier BMW has installed it. They only charge me $115 total. The labor was only 1.5 hour, but the software update took about 3 hours. Part cost me $80
I got the latest version 15. It work great. I'm loving it
Old 01-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 03 Honda RC51 03 Toyota Tacoma

Originally Posted by kt8509' date='Dec 29 2004, 03:09 PM
BMWPARTSGUY -

Is this AUX input connector still available?? I've call a couple dealers and they say there's a nationwide backorder of 56 units.? One dealer is telling me there is a HOLD on it for some reason and that even if they had it in stock, they're not supposed to sell it.?

Can you get one and how much?

Thanks!
[snapback]73470[/snapback]
I have one in stock at this time. From what Im seeing that are NOT on freeze status, they are NOT on backorder. 19 in the states at 4:45pm EST. I havent been told not to sell them either. My guess would be other dealers are getting word of everyone wanting to do this and they dont want to mess with it.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:47 AM

My dealer has mine in now and I have a scheduled appointment on Monday.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530 Titanium Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 13 2005, 03:47 PM
My dealer has mine in now and I have a scheduled appointment on Monday.
[snapback]78829[/snapback]
My install hasn't gone well so far. My dealer(BMW of Dallas formerly John Roberts BMW) go the part fairly quickly and I dropped my car off early this morning. I think mine was the first or second one for them. They first quoted me the 1.5 hours plus parts as indicated in the documentation. Then they called me later to tell me that the software upgrade was going to add 3 hours to the job. The total was going to be around $550!!!! I told them I knew other dealerships had done it for less than half that. I also requested that they do the software portion under warranty to fix several idrive bugs I had(auto windshield wipers unreliable, acceleration hesitation, occasional blinker malfunction like staying on). They agreed and quoted me about $250 with parts. I was pleased.

I picked up the car this evening and in a lapse didn't have a 1/8" stereo audio patch cable with me to test. I was told when I left the car that they would test it with an Ipod. I drove 30 minutes home to find that the sound from the external audio aux connector was terrible. It was very tinny and almost all of it was coming from the passenger front speaker and to a lesser extent from the passenger rear speaker. Obviously a wiring problem. I drove all the way back to the dealership in rush hour traffic. The mechanic admitted that this was his first install of the adapter and that he didn't have a cable to test it and assumed that it was wired correctly. My car is there now awaiting a service call to BMW tomorrow to resolve the situation. Very frustrating but if it ends up working as it should it will all be worth it in the end.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

They will fix it, and you will love it. I had problems too, but now everything is perfect. AUX Input is great stuff!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:18 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i Black Saphire Metalic, 6-speed Manual, Nav, Logic7 Sound, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Power Visor, Sports Pkg, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint

So, this aux-port will work with Nav? If that's the case, do they have it figured out how to make Sat Radio work? All three -- now that would be nice?

Quick Reply: AUX input, What is the part number?