E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux Input Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe whatever you hook up to the AUX needs an output booster? Maybe the signal is too weak for the AUX?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

If you have a headphone jack you shouldn't have problems to get good sound on the stereo.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

welcmoe aboard, maloj0dg !
Old 12-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i 6-speed, orient blue, Beige leather interior, poplar trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active cruise control, active steering, heated sports steering wheel, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, glass sunroof, advanced A/C, nav pro, voice command, logic 7, cd changer, auto dimming mirrors, fold down rear seats, skibag, sport suspension, Aux input, Treo 650 Bluetooth

Well I'd like to thank the many members for the wealth of informantion that flashes daily on this board. Some days it's overwhelming.

I had the Aux input installed and noticed that when using the streering wheel buttons I can NOT select Audio AUX. I can only access it through the I-DRIVE. The dealer said he would open a case with BMW service. Is Audio Aux selectable through the button?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Originally Posted by sta621' date='Dec 9 2004, 02:06 PM
Well I'd like to thank the many members for the wealth of informantion that flashes daily on this board. Some days it's overwhelming.

I had the Aux input installed and noticed that when using the streering wheel buttons I can NOT select Audio AUX. I can only access it through the I-DRIVE. The dealer said he would open a case with BMW service. Is Audio Aux selectable through the button?

Thanks in advance.
[snapback]67151[/snapback]
I reprogrammed one of the buttons on the steering wheel (star or diamond) to go to "next entertainment source". Mine does cycle through, even Aux.

Teriyaki
Old 12-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

Same here i programed the diamond to go to "next entertainment source".

Jimbo you should also check the volume controls on the device you plugin into the aux.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

I have my star button programmed to next entertainment source too, but it only switches between FM and AM since the last software update. It even lost CD and CD changer, as well as TV.
I don't know if it's a software bug or if it's a fault on my E60. Maybe something went wrong again when they did the update...
Old 12-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

Iceman sounds like a software issue. I think that becuase it takes a software upgrade for the car to recognize the AUX.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I know. The first update was faulty, the AUX disappeared. The second update brought back all functions, but the next entertainment source function is faulty... I guess I'll have to get 15 once it's at the dealer.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Senior Members

i have my star button programmed to next entertainment source and it works ok. the other one for ac circulation but this one only goes to on and off. if i have it on recirculate, when i press the button on the steering wheel, it'll turn it off. but when i press the button again, it'll turn it back on. not goes to "auto", the one with an "a" inside the circle. so i have to press the button on the dash to change from one to another <_<.

Quick Reply: Aux Input Problems