E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AUX INPUT 05' 530 - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530 Jet Black, Black Int., Nav, Sat, Comfort Seats, Xenon.

I am supposed to pick up my 05 530 w/ NAV and SAT Radio, on Saturday. At first the dealer said he could install AUX. Then I got a call from the service department that the AUX could not be installed in this car. I told him that there are a lot of people on this site that have had it installed in their cars. He told me he would look into it further. He called me back and told me that he had contacted BMWNA, and they confirmed that it could not be done.

He told me that if I could come up with something that shows that it can be done, then he will do it.

Can someone help me with this ASAP.

Thanks

Gary
Old 02-24-2005, 04:10 AM
Contributors

I had the same issue with my service department at United BMW in Duluth, Ga., and finally gave up. I am either going to a) wait for a sanctioned iPod interface (not holding my breath), or b) go to a different dealership.

Good luck, and sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe you could pick a couple of dealerships that have done it for people and get your SA to call them...

James
Old 02-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Members

did they say why it couldn't be done? does anyone have the satellite, nav, logic 7 and aux installed, that can verify it can be done?

Originally Posted by genaman' date='Feb 24 2005, 07:59 AM
I am supposed to pick up my 05 530 w/ NAV and SAT Radio, on Saturday.? At first the dealer said he could install AUX.? Then I got a call from the service department that the AUX could not be installed in this car.? I told him that there are a lot of people on this site that have had it installed in their cars.? He told me he would look into it further.? He called me back and told me that he had contacted BMWNA, and they confirmed that it could not be done.

He told me that if I could come up with something that shows that it can be done, then he will do it.?

Can someone help me with this ASAP.

Thanks

Gary?
[snapback]93858[/snapback]
Old 02-24-2005, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

ULtraPLanet posted it in the other forum allready:

Here you go
Old 02-24-2005, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2001 BMW M3 Titanium Silver/ Black

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Feb 24 2005, 08:10 AM
I had the same issue with my service department at United BMW in Duluth, Ga., and finally gave up.? I am either going to a) wait for a sanctioned iPod interface (not holding my breath), or b) go to a different dealership.

Good luck, and sorry I can't be of more help.? Maybe you could pick a couple of dealerships that have done it for people and get your SA to call them...

James
[snapback]93860[/snapback]
Through help with this forum, I have already installed 3 Aux inputs in one 5, and two 6's. We (BMW of Nashville) have the parts in stock and need 2 hrs labor to install. Everyone who has got this feature loves it. Thanks to E60.net for the help.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

I had my dealer follow the instructions that Iceman posted. No poblem, slick install. and well worth it.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Members

My Ride: Delivered 30/11/04: 535d Sport, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Media Package, Hi-Fi, Rear M Spoiler, Headlamp Washer, Auto dim/folding mirrors, Grad tint screen, Aux input,

I gave my dealer all the info listed above also, but he still went and ordered the wrong part :thumbsdown: said his system showed a different one so he ordered that instead.

It has taken them THREE attempts to initilise it. The first time they delivered the car back to me saying it was complete but of course all they had done was stick it in the glove box. It wasn't set up on the iDrive. On the third attempt they got it right. They said that with some cars it was easy but with others (ie mine) it was difficult...mmmm not sure I really believe that.

Now it's in, and works beautifully

One final point I have my rhombus button set for next entertainment source but the Aux input is not selected, any thoughts?
Old 02-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by iDrive535dSport' date='Feb 24 2005, 01:21 PM
I gave my dealer all the info listed above also, but he still went and ordered the wrong part :thumbsdown: said his system showed a different one so he ordered that instead.

It has taken them THREE attempts to initilise it. The first time they delivered the car back to me saying it was complete but of course all they had done was stick it in the glove box. It wasn't set up on the iDrive. On the third attempt they got it right. They said that with some cars it was easy but with others (ie mine) it was difficult...mmmm not sure I really believe that.

Now it's in, and works beautifully

One final point I have my rhombus button set for next entertainment source but the Aux input is not selected, any thoughts?
[snapback]93946[/snapback]
I know ith my car it took them a bit of time to get the idrive updated to recognize the AUX In and to subsequently clear faults. It is defintiely not plug and play.

Mine cycles through the audio sources when I use the steering wheel button. Maybe you need to clear the button and reset it in the idrive menu after in aux in was programmed? It is definitely software related though.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 530 Jet Black, Black Int., Nav, Sat, Comfort Seats, Xenon.

Thanks for your help.

I sent the PDF to my dealer. But He said he still cant do it. Apparently, the part is on a national FREEZE. CANT GET THE PART, AND CANT INSTALL IT. Dealer says that it usually means there is serious problem with the part.

What now?
Old 02-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

That's pure BS!
A couple dealers said the same, some others said the part is on a recall.

It's simply not true!

Quick Reply: AUX INPUT 05' 530 - HELP