E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AR DESIGN DOWNPIPES

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys car is fixed sorry i havent been on in awhile. the problem was the PCV Valve. it was stuck open. thats what caused the smoke. i think im gunna wait to install my catless dps and tune again. just until warranty expires.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
ok guys car is fixed sorry i havent been on in awhile. the problem was the PCV Valve. it was stuck open. thats what caused the smoke. i think im gunna wait to install my catless dps and tune again. just until warranty expires.
great news...
Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

I know its been some time since anyone has commented on this topic, but the catless DPs are something that I was hoping to do to my car (535i) but after reading so much about the problems, I don't think its worth it. i want to run Stage 6 or 7 on my JB3 with the stock exhaust and 93 octane, and installing them appears to be the only way to get the most out of that stage. I'm going to dyno my car some day to see where I am in HP as I doubt I'm putting out more than about 320 hp to wheel with just a JB3 and DCI's.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bgreaves
I know its been some time since anyone has commented on this topic, but the catless DPs are something that I was hoping to do to my car (535i) but after reading so much about the problems, I don't think its worth it. i want to run Stage 6 or 7 on my JB3 with the stock exhaust and 93 octane, and installing them appears to be the only way to get the most out of that stage. I'm going to dyno my car some day to see where I am in HP as I doubt I'm putting out more than about 320 hp to wheel with just a JB3 and DCI's.

WEll it turns out dealer messed up on their diagnostics. car had more problems than i thought hence the smoke and other problems. ill be installing my downpipes soon with the help of some of my friends. also i got the JB4 which will be installed soon. gotta get the car ready for spocom! if emissions is not such a bear for you bgreaves go for catless exhaust. im even gunna run bypass so i cut out my muffler(only for track use of course) so the turbos have pretty much ZERO back pressure. all of this will be done in the next month. i am also running a DCI what DCI are you running?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

do your shelf a favor jb3 is really no longer supported get a jb4, guys are making awesome power with it. i made just over 300hp on the jb3. guys(335) are making almost 400hp on map 5 mixing e85 tune and dci's and dp's are awesome haven't had any problems with mine.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
WEll it turns out dealer messed up on their diagnostics. car had more problems than i thought hence the smoke and other problems. ill be installing my downpipes soon with the help of some of my friends. also i got the JB4 which will be installed soon. gotta get the car ready for spocom! if emissions is not such a bear for you bgreaves go for catless exhaust. im even gunna run bypass so i cut out my muffler(only for track use of course) so the turbos have pretty much ZERO back pressure. all of this will be done in the next month. i am also running a DCI what DCI are you running?
I have the ones from Burger. Just them and the JB3. I took the car in about a month ago to the stealer who reflashed some software, for what I have no idea, and they literally woke the car up. I have it set on map 5 (I think) and before the stealer visit, it felt like I added maybe 30 more crank hp. After I picked it up, it felt more lively from a stand still. Basically, I can break the tires loose with traction control completely off, not brake boosting, for about 30-40 ft or until about 4,500 rpm with 19 inch 275 tires. Not that impressive.

Would you keep me/us all posted on the installation and results of your dps??? That would be extremely useful. Maybe you could record parts of the install with a digital camera??? Either way, best of luck with it.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TLO03
do your shelf a favor jb3 is really no longer supported get a jb4, guys are making awesome power with it. i made just over 300hp on the jb3. guys(335) are making almost 400hp on map 5 mixing e85 tune and dci's and dp's are awesome haven't had any problems with mine.
I'm so glad you brought that up. From my understanding, JB4 doesnt magically create more hp, it has more features. Yes, it has a faster processor, but what does that have to do with MORE hp? I thought it just made the car run 'smoother' if you would? At FOT, I get a few jerks, maybe the JB4 will remedy that? I am curious as to how to get the JB4 as well, when I say buy it from Burger's site, do I first uninstall my JB3 and send it to them, once they get it, they send me the JB4? Here in Md. I have no idea where to get E85, and if I'm not mistaken, its pretty expensive so I doubt I would waste a bunch of money on putting it in a lot as I already hate how expensive premium gas is anyway.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

+1
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

contact bms they will explain how to exchange ur jb4.. and unfortunaley i had to drive an hr for e85. but its $ 1.00 cheaper
Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

I have the ones from Burger. Just them and the JB3. I took the car in about a month ago to the stealer who reflashed some software, for what I have no idea, and they literally woke the car up. I have it set on map 5 (I think) and before the stealer visit, it felt like I added maybe 30 more crank hp. After I picked it up, it felt more lively from a stand still. Basically, I can break the tires loose with traction control completely off, not brake boosting, for about 30-40 ft or until about 4,500 rpm with 19 inch 275 tires. Not that impressive.

Would you keep me/us all posted on the installation and results of your dps??? That would be extremely useful. Maybe you could record parts of the install with a digital camera??? Either way, best of luck with it.

Yes of course. Being that I pretty much have a brand new engine with new seals and gaskets im gunna baby my car for a few weeks just as a precaution so everything sits right.after finally picking up my car yesterday 06/12. my dealership washed and waxed my car well I might add, and replaced my under shield that was ripped off due to the massive oil leak. please bear with me here in Hawaii places arent that far so to get to thats why i say a few weeks haha i cant take a road trip or anything haha. once i break in my car ill for sure keep you updated on how install went and try to take pictures as well.

now i just gotta figure out how to put pictures on this thing haha!

Quick Reply: AR DESIGN DOWNPIPES