E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone makes any Engine software on the 545i?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I GOT A 2007 TITANIUM GRAY/AUBURN LEATHER 545I 6SPD MANUAL. COLD WEATHER PACKAE, PREMIUM, PREMIUM SOUND LOGIC 7, SPORT.
Thumbs up

I drove a couple of 545's and all of them felt different as far as a throttle response.
This valvetronic is no where as responsive as the original butterfly was. I am hoping that DINAN or anyone else comes out with a software that will change the sensitivity of the throttle response on these cars.
A few of the 545's i have driven were very responsive right from the start. where most of them including my own is really not. Feels like an E Class at first and then the car actually moves. Any thoughts or ideas folks?
Old 12-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

With my old 330CI there was a way to recalibrate the throttle by yourself. It was something like putting your ignition on for 10 seconds turning your ignition of for 10 seconds(not starting I mean) putting it on again and push the throttle fully and turn it off. Then start the car and try.

It made a real difference with my old car. I'll see what I can find on the e46fanatics site about this (that's where I found out about it).
Old 12-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

This is what I found out about it:

According to BMW's documentation, to reset the throttle adaptation you do the following:

With the car off, turn the ignition to the on position for 10 seconds(do not start) then turn the ignition off for 10 seconds. Then start the car. You should notice slightly improved performance if you normally drive miss daisy.

I have also been told that disconnecting the battery ground for 20 seconds will reset the short term ECU memory but I can't validate that with BMW doco. These steps are necessary if testing or installing new modifications to be able to determine true performance
Old 12-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Contributors

I've read the rest of the thread and this works (at least for) the E46 cars with an electronic based throttle.

I believe my 530 has it too and will try it tomorrow to see what happens and if it differs..

What I can tell you from my 330ci is that the throttle feels more lively. This is because with less throttle travel you have more rpm. Gradualy it goes away again if you drive normal and not aggressive. But then you can always do it again.