E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Another rpi exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
I'm just trying to set the record straight with factual information instead of grasping at straws! Some of us have been here for years and know just how hard Eloy works to create products that are useful and efficient. So when you spout off about how they are NOT so (with a silencer), I feel compelled to drop some knowledge here so that those who don't know the facts will understand the reality instead of the assumed truth! As for an "attack", I think your words toward RPI's products are the attacks, and those of us who know, will ALWAYS support our friends and most importantly THE TRUTH every time! Sorry you felt singled out, but perhaps next time you will take a moment to truly know before you just post opinions masquerading as facts about a product you have no firsthand knowledge of in the first place! Don't demean a product that has been painstakingly crafted just because you don't "believe" or understand it! BTW, this forum isn't public, as anyone can be banned here at anytime. just a little more food for thought!
I attacked RPI? I said silencers will reduce your performance significantly. If you don't know how to read and comprehend text then that isn't my problem. It doesn't take a PHD in physics to understand that a smaller exit hole in an exhaust is a HUGE detriment when it comes to performance. Hence the case of people spending THOUSANDS of dollars more to get a mandrel bent exhaust, eliminating any crease and unnatural bends to allow smooth air flow exiting the exhaust. You need to take a step back and learn to read and not jump on the defensive any time anyone is in disagreement with a product offered by RPI, fanboy.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyhow I'm done talking about this topic, so feel free to respond once again with a witty comeback. I'd like to end it with saying yes RPI makes great exhausts which give great performance and sound. And no I don't like silencers, they rob you of your money and of performance.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

So if one defends a friend and his hard work, it makes them a fanboy? You just fail to acknowledge that Eloy does all the work needed to create a quality product that does more than stock (even WITH a silencer) and he even stated as a fact that there is minor loss of power due to a silencer. Knock the chip off of your shoulder and get off your pedestal, you love to condescend and claim understanding, but the facts are the facts, no amount of denial changes them! I figure by now the facts are actually out here on the forum so I no longer need to answer to your egocentric rants! From now on I will waste no more time on you and ANY of your posts, there are so many more valuable members and friends here to enjoy the forum with!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

Tonight I finally got a chance to really go to a quite road and just sit and listen, ten drive and various speeds and also stomp on it. At rest, it is dead quite. At slow speed it is very quite. At medium speed it is quite with that sweet rumble. Stomping on it it is not that load but sounds great with sweet rumble. It is not a loud muffler. Just a nice sounding one. Power wise, I cant tell if there is any gain because only the dyno will solve that one. The guys who have a v6 with this muffler, I can understand if they have drone. I happen to have the v8. MY CAR DOES NOT HAVE ANY DRONE TO IT. I have put it on cruise control at 45...and 55-75. The car sounds great. Reminding you guys that I drove on a country back road with no other cars present. I hope that this helps to dispell some of the smak talk. Rpi, can I get a partial refund now.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by boots
Tonight I finally got a chance to really go to a quite road and just sit and listen, ten drive and various speeds and also stomp on it. At rest, it is dead quite. At slow speed it is very quite. At medium speed it is quite with that sweet rumble. Stomping on it it is not that load but sounds great with sweet rumble. It is not a loud muffler. Just a nice sounding one. Power wise, I cant tell if there is any gain because only the dyno will solve that one. The guys who have a v6 with this muffler, I can understand if they have drone. I happen to have the v8. MY CAR DOES NOT HAVE ANY DRONE TO IT. I have put it on cruise control at 45...and 55-75. The car sounds great. Reminding you guys that I drove on a country back road with no other cars present. I hope that this helps to dispell some of the smak talk. Rpi, can I get a partial refund now.
Congrats, it is an awesome exhaust!
Old 12-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Contributors

After about 5000 miles or so it'll get quite a bit louder once all the packing gets burned out.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

Yea that is typical of any exhaust. I'm used to it. I have 135k on my magnaflow catback and it sounds just fine. quite at low and rumble when you step on it.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:21 AM
Banned

My Ride: E60 550i

well said............yeah!