E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Another rpi exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 550i

If you are interested in the silencer, do let me know

Vincent

Originally Posted by mwolfe
Do any our favorite vendors sell the silencer? Is Eloy from RPI directly?
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you are right, installing a silencer and leaving a tiny hole for air flow to exit the exhaust system will only effect the affect the HP by a few. Lol some people will believe anything someone tells them. You'd probably see more gains with a stock exhaust vs silencer setup, so until they do a dyno to prove otherwise (which they still haven't) I'll tend to believe logic vs someone else words.

Anyhow this thread is getting off topic, my belief on the silencer vs anyone elses doesn't really even matter. If you want one and feel you need one then go get it! The RPI exhaust still sounds great and I think it is currently one of the best exhausts out there for our vehicles, I'm sure boots will get many years and miles of fun out of it.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

fyi: my RPI exhaust is coming off in two weeks, getting ready for some big things again after the holidays
Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Yeah you are right, installing a silencer and leaving a tiny hole for air flow to exit the exhaust system will only effect the affect the HP by a few. Lol some people will believe anything someone tells them. You'd probably see more gains with a stock exhaust vs silencer setup, so until they do a dyno to prove otherwise (which they still haven't) I'll tend to believe logic vs someone else words.

Anyhow this thread is getting off topic, my belief on the silencer vs anyone elses doesn't really even matter. If you want one and feel you need one then go get it! The RPI exhaust still sounds great and I think it is currently one of the best exhausts out there for our vehicles, I'm sure boots will get many years and miles of fun out of it.
I wasn't just told by "Someone", it was RPI's owner Eloy, and he DID dyno to confirm his statements! At least MY remarks are based in fact and not just a GUESS (at best) as to what will happen when a silencer is installed....BTW, who asked you in the first place??
Old 12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Glad you like it
Old 12-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

Originally Posted by jg525i
fyi: my RPI exhaust is coming off in two weeks, getting ready for some big things again after the holidays
I can see another meistershaft for you in the future...

Ok guys...This is my take on the drone issue... I've had 2x flowmaster-one on my mustang gt, and the other on my truck. Both sounded great especially after they got broken in..drone=yes after they got broken in and then got too load for my taste. My brother has a pontiac trans am ram air with a aftermarket exhaust.(just forgot then name of that exhaust... Drone=yes..liveable and sounds awesome. My current yukon has a magnaflow catback and I absolutly love it because it has no drone expecially after 134,00 miles. Soumds amazing when I stomp on it. This rpi I just bought at idle is wisper mode. Highway speed is quite like stock. Stomp on it and that sweet rumble is there. In-b-tween the rpm range is you are not going fast enough I hear the drone. I'm rarely there so I can live with what I have. My point is that there are many companies out there that have the same problem, but in the end, the only thing all these pipes do for us is go ok you get the point. No more fighting guys.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
I wasn't just told by "Someone", it was RPI's owner Eloy, and he DID dyno to confirm his statements! At least MY remarks are based in fact and not just a GUESS (at best) as to what will happen when a silencer is installed....BTW, who asked you in the first place??
Wow flyingpuck, no reason to go on the attack although it isn't surprising to say the least. This isn't the first time you've gone aggressive and went into attack mode whenever the topic of RPI products have come into play. Last time I checked this was a public forum to voice opinions, you voiced yours and I voiced mine. The question of who asked me anyway, now that is just plain rude, but like I said it doesn't surprise me.
When you start paying the bills for the forum, then you can start questioning who can post when and where.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Lovin the sound of that bad boy Boots! Great mod.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Wow flyingpuck, no reason to go on the attack although it isn't surprising to say the least. This isn't the first time you've gone aggressive and went into attack mode whenever the topic of RPI products have come into play. Last time I checked this was a public forum to voice opinions, you voiced yours and I voiced mine. The question of who asked me anyway, now that is just plain rude, but like I said it doesn't surprise me.
When you start paying the bills for the forum, then you can start questioning who can post when and where.
I'm just trying to set the record straight with factual information instead of grasping at straws! Some of us have been here for years and know just how hard Eloy works to create products that are useful and efficient. So when you spout off about how they are NOT so (with a silencer), I feel compelled to drop some knowledge here so that those who don't know the facts will understand the reality instead of the assumed truth! As for an "attack", I think your words toward RPI's products are the attacks, and those of us who know, will ALWAYS support our friends and most importantly THE TRUTH every time! Sorry you felt singled out, but perhaps next time you will take a moment to truly know before you just post opinions masquerading as facts about a product you have no firsthand knowledge of in the first place! Don't demean a product that has been painstakingly crafted just because you don't "believe" or understand it! BTW, this forum isn't public, as anyone can be banned here at anytime. just a little more food for thought!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-Sport: RPi GT Exhaust, RPi Ram-Air, GP Thunder angel eyes and fog lamps, LED license plate lamps, Full LED interior

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Enjoy the Drone

Enjoy the drone? There's very little drone with a V8. I assume it's pretty much all drone on an I6.

And as far as RPI being a rip off, it was one of the cheaper exhausts. Given paying $900 for a muffler and two feet of pipe was a lot, but some other brands are damn near $2000 for the same thing!

Quick Reply: Another rpi exhaust