E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Another iPod charger with a PURE line out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From all the readings it seems like the Monster Ultra-Low Profile Charger for iPod with Dock Connection is the only one with PURE line out? I've been to Best Buy, Circuit City & Target they don't carry it. I see the Belkin one around every store. I even see the TransPOD DLO one too.

I would like to here the difference with the pure line out that Monster charger has... My factory installed AUX input has no bass from the headphone jack on my iPod Nano.

Is there another product that someone has tested that has a pure line out and with bass?

Please post your findings... thank you!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

hmmm...interesting topic there. I just bought a Kenwood KCA iP500 iPod interface where I could hardwire the iPod to the aux input...hope that works fine.....
ever thought of buying such a kit?? I bought mine in Bestbuy for $100. I know pioneer and alpine makes a similar priced kit too...wonder if you looked at one before...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by dv8ed' post='214332' date='Dec 21 2005, 11:48 PM
From all the readings it seems like the Monster Ultra-Low Profile Charger for iPod with Dock Connection is the only one with PURE line out? I've been to Best Buy, Circuit City & Target they don't carry it. I see the Belkin one around every store. I even see the TransPOD DLO one too.

I would like to here the difference with the pure line out that Monster charger has... My factory installed AUX input has no bass from the headphone jack on my iPod Nano.

Is there another product that someone has tested that has a pure line out and with bass?

Please post your findings... thank you!
The Monster Cable site lists dealers--I noticed CompUSA carries it:
http://www.monstercable.com/computer/produ...pple%20Products

Don't get the Belkin--the line out is amplified (with a cheap amp).
Old 12-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Members

[/quote]
Don't get the Belkin--the line out is amplified (with a cheap amp).
[/quote]

I just picked up the Monster iCharger from CompUSA plugged it into my Ipod Nano 4GB there is static and the sound is the same quality as if I were to use the headphone jack. Any ideas on why is this so? Is it compatible with the Nano? Has anyone used it with Nano Ipod?