E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alufelgen

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Hyperblack would be awesome on a black car. On certain light it would have a great contrast as the light color of the wheels would stand out. On another light it would have that blacked out look, and another light it looks gunmetal.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 M5

Originally Posted by balbs
Hyperblack would be awesome on a black car. On certain light it would have a great contrast as the light color of the wheels would stand out. On another light it would have that blacked out look, and another light it looks gunmetal.
Couldn't have said it any better, balbs
Hyperblack looks awesome on a black car, indeed - and the color nicely changes with the lighting conditions. When I first saw my rims (on the car) in sunlight, I was almost worried they'd be too bright. But, as soon as it got a bit more overcast (or darker), the rims got darker, too.

Check out the pics in my sig; those shots were made on a really cloudy day.
I'll add some more pics soon - if the sun ever comes out again on a weekend here in Chicago...
Old 06-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Members

Guess I have to revise my previous posts (and opinions) on my Alufelgen SF-71:

After running them for 3 months now, one of the rims has flakes of paint coming off in two spots. That pretty much suck as far as "quality" is concerned!!!
On top of that, I probably f**cked them up by using "Maguire's" wheel cleaner (got it at Autozone) which clearly states on the bottle that it doesn't harm your rims... -- big BS! Looks like it stripped the clear coat off some of the rims, as I can see tiny dots of black in my HyperBlack rims now (used to look like silverish-gunmetal, without any black dots...).

--- FUNK!!!
Should have avoided these rims and got me the Miro 111 (or M6 reps) instead, which I wanted to do all along. Serves me right... Well, it's always 20/20 in hindsight, isn't it!!?
Not happy with the purchase, to say the least.

Normally, I would try to get some response out of the manufacturer (or retailer, or whatever). But since I bought these used via Craigslist, I don't even have a receipt or the paperwork - which just taught me yet another valuable lesson...
Old 06-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Members

I bought a set from Michael a few months back. If you search some of my previous posts, you will see some of my pics. I bought the Hyper-silvers in 19" staggered. I do like them but I thought they would be a little bit more concave than the advertisement pics. I feel they are excellent quality fit and finish. I have hit a few large potholes which I thought could have caused a bend but they are all ok. They are pretty easy to maintain/clean as well. As far as the customer service goes - I would purchase them through Michael. His customer service is top notch and second to none so he would (and did) take care of any service issues you may encounter. Good luck!
Old 06-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Members

Wow they look awesome...I hope they make 20s soon and I'd rock them
Old 06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN
Guess I have to revise my previous posts (and opinions) on my Alufelgen SF-71:

After running them for 3 months now, one of the rims has flakes of paint coming off in two spots. That pretty much suck as far as "quality" is concerned!!!
On top of that, I probably f**cked them up by using "Maguire's" wheel cleaner (got it at Autozone) which clearly states on the bottle that it doesn't harm your rims... -- big BS! Looks like it stripped the clear coat off some of the rims, as I can see tiny dots of black in my HyperBlack rims now (used to look like silverish-gunmetal, without any black dots...).

--- FUNK!!!
Should have avoided these rims and got me the Miro 111 (or M6 reps) instead, which I wanted to do all along. Serves me right... Well, it's always 20/20 in hindsight, isn't it!!?
Not happy with the purchase, to say the least.

Normally, I would try to get some response out of the manufacturer (or retailer, or whatever). But since I bought these used via Craigslist, I don't even have a receipt or the paperwork - which just taught me yet another valuable lesson...
Well, it sounds like a good powdercoat would solve that. Would be cheaper than buying a new set of wheels.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Well, it sounds like a good powdercoat would solve that. Would be cheaper than buying a new set of wheels.
Thanks, nomis.
Who powdercoats wheels (..may sound silly, but I really don't know) ? Is that a tire shop thing?
Only heard of that in connection with wheel manufacturers...

Pls. let me know. - Thx!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Wheel shops probably have affiliations with shops if they don't do it, otherwise body shops that does paint work can do it.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do want to let you guys know that we are the exclusive distributor of Alufelgen wheels on the west coast. We not only provide the wheels to the public, but do also wholesale and distribute the Alufelgen lineup to various vendors here on the forums as well. Feel free to drop me a PM if you guys are interested in either the Alufelgen CS7 or Alufelgen SF-71 wheels for your 5 series and I'd be more than happy to assist!