E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alufelgen

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Carbon black m sport package 535xi. Natural brown interior with black diamond trim. Dinan stage 2.

Anybody have any comments on alufelgen wheels. I know they are a newer company and i really like the s 71's . Good or bad let me know!

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Sent you a PM.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

michael is the man for these kind of questions!!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Members

My Ride: Carbon black m sport package 535xi. Natural brown interior with black diamond trim. Dinan stage 2.

Thanks guys! I always know i can count on this site!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M5

I bought a set of 19 inch SF-71s in Hyperblack, and they are awesome!
No issues whatsoever thus far. They look great, and they seem to be of good manufacturing quality, too.
But I guess I will find out how good they really are over time only. Ask again in a year from now...

They certainly look HOT HOT HOT!! Get some, bro!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Too bad their customer service is a completely different story.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN
No issues whatsoever thus far. They look great, and they seem to be of good manufacturing quality, too.
But I guess I will find out how good they really are over time only. Ask again in a year from now...

Old 04-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Too bad their customer service is a completely different story.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
I didn't know about that and have to take your word for it, Michael. Besides, I did not buy mine brand-new (but used), so I can't really speak to that.

However... how much "customer service" does one need if the purchased product is of the advertised quality and delivered without any issues/flaws? It's not like those wheels need a quarterly tune-up, or so, right? Once the wheels are on the car, are not broken or bent, and past the warranty period, it does not really matter anymore what good a "customer service" they provide? What kind of customer service would that be anyway? Write me a X-mas card every year (..LOL)?

In YOUR case, however, "customer service" is a totally different story - since you are not a one-dimensional wheel manufacturer. I DO very much appreciate YOUR excellent customer service, Michael...

I guess, I am just trying to find out what kind of "customer service" is expected from a wheel retailer/manufacturer beyond the initial sale, and how important this really is? -- What makes Alufelgen's customer service "a different story"? Since I own their product, I'd really like to know.... -- Thx!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Their customer service totally sucks. They once posted that they are going to be active on this forum. They did a few posts within a span of one month and then would not respond to threads they started nor to PMs. No response even from emails through their site.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN

Do you have pics? I think the hyper black is the best as well.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hotdocta
Do you have pics? I think the hyper black is the best as well.
I sure do have pics, but they are not very good... one big reason being the weather. Besides, I have made a number of 'cosmetic' adjustments in the meantime (kidney grills, b/w emblems, smoked sidemarkers etc.), which means, I'll post some more current pics when we finally have one good (weekend)day here in Chicagoland... hopefully soon. Maybe I'll be able to get a better camera by then; we'll see...

Hope the pics will do the trick for you anyway.
Cheers,
Armin

P.S.: Since I bought my SF-71 from a member of another BMW forum (barely used, I might add), I can't speak from experience about Alufelgen's Customer Service.
However, you may need to be patient if you want to score some... or leave it to the Pro's (>>Michael) to get them for you

...and this is the link to my album:
http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/a...20Hypersilver/

Quick Reply: Alufelgen