E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alpina

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010 | 11:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Especially LCI!!!

Btw Alpine installs over the existing front. You may need to remove (if lci even has this) a little black plastic piece that is under the bumper cover, so that the underside of the Alpina overlay clears the bottom - you'll see what I mean, when you get it. But I am pretty sure that ordering a front from KSK will take a while to receive - have you found out how long to get it? I'd say, try to get it used, but there's just no chance of it happening - no on in the States probably even has an LCI Alpina front for E60. So you'll be original

I like the m-tech rear for my setup, but like I said, I wanna be sure I have rims and the drop in place before deciding whether I need to change the rear at all.

GL
Hi V,
To help you working out if you like the combination of Alpina and M-Sport, check out this original Alpina B5 with an M-Sport rear bumper. (Its also lowered and has 20" wheels instead of the standard 19" for the E61). Not the best pics, but the only ones I could find!

A few more pics here: http://e60-forum.de/thread.php?threa...ad53622&page=4
Old 09-23-2010 | 11:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Hi V,
To help you working out if you like the combination of Alpina and M-Sport, check out this original Alpina B5 with an M-Sport rear bumper. (Its also lowered and has 20" wheels instead of the standard 19" for the E61). Not the best pics, but the only ones I could find!

A few more pics here: http://e60-forum.de/thread.php?threa...ad53622&page=4
is it just me or that car has a pre-lci front bumper and lci heads? I think some B5's may have been made that way in 2008, bc the lci B5 didn't come out till 2009.

As to how it looks, it is pretty much what I expected. I'm still not sure how it will translate to a dropped white e60 - I want to keep my car looking a bit "conservative", so I will see how the OEM rear bumper will look after the rims and the drop - then I'll decide.
Old 09-24-2010 | 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by v_therussian
is it just me or that car has a pre-lci front bumper and lci heads? I think some B5's may have been made that way in 2008, bc the lci B5 didn't come out till 2009.

As to how it looks, it is pretty much what I expected. I'm still not sure how it will translate to a dropped white e60 - I want to keep my car looking a bit "conservative", so I will see how the OEM rear bumper will look after the rims and the drop - then I'll decide.
You have a very good eye for detail

I just read through the post where I found some more facts about the car and some more pictures.

Its an original B5, with the following mods:

- 21" wheels (not 20" like I wrote before -- the 20" is his winter set up )
- LCI Facelift lights, with original pre-LCI bumper
- M-Sport rear bumper
- Shaddow line

At first I found it a little strange out of principle to combine the Alpina and M-Sport bumpers, but it actually works well IMHO and it is certainly more understated, which I believe you are looking for.

Here is a comparisson of before and after --

On 20" winter set-up and original bumper:

On 21" summer wheels and M-sport bumper:
Old 09-24-2010 | 02:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Understated is exactly what I love, but also that m-tech rear is, oh, so sexy