E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alpina

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Done by me at Alpina factory in DE:
Attached Thumbnails Alpina-imag0310.jpg   Alpina-imag0312.jpg  
Old 09-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I have the 20" Alpina Classic rims on my M-Sport, but member alpineweiss did the Alpina look together with a set of BBS LMs. I think this looks incredible, see for yourself...

Use advanced search with member name "alpineweiss" and topic "Alpina", and you will find the posts where I found these pictures.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

the alpina rear looks too busy for me.. ive seen Vlads on the front and it looks good on white.. the back though reminds me of the acs rear and i dont like that one... just my 2 cents
Old 09-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx
I have the 20" Alpina Classic rims on my M-Sport, but member alpineweiss did the Alpina look together with a set of BBS LMs. I think this looks incredible, see for yourself...

Use advanced search with member name "alpineweiss" and topic "Alpina", and you will find the posts where I found these pictures.
That white aplina E60 is clean. Love the BBS LM rims
Old 09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

Thanks for all the pics. I think I am going to go for it. I will have the spoiler painted and installed over the next week. I will post pics. As for the front, need to save a grand!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Members

Great looking pictures. Mine is post-LCI but the pre-LCI does give me an idea. For installation, do you need to remove the existing front spoiler or does it install on top?

Hollywood, I wonder if they'll give discount for buying 2. Is your car pre or post LCI?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Thanks for the pics, DK! I've since popped some racemesh grilles into that bumper - mostly did it for the functionality of preventing objects from flying into the air inlets, but the look is actually great too.

I love the Alpina front. The sides that come with it are OEM M-tech sides (I have them on as well, see pics below), so get those NOT from KSK to save some cash. As for the rear, I am actually "undecided" on an m-tech rear - planning to get wheels first, do the drop and then see if I wanna change the rear at all. I know m-tech rear on an Alpina-kitted car is probably not "accurate", but looks-wise, I think it will do the job of looking great. Or not... see what I mean by "undecided"?

As for fitment and all that - Alpina is THE best I've ever dealt with. The body shop that installed it for me did a slightly sloppy job, but that's probably bc I bought the front already painted. If they had to paint it, they would've prepped it better and it would've come out almost OEM-looking. And it does look OEM anyway - has that "did it come from the factory like that?" look

Need I say I love Alpina products?

GL, OP!
v, great looking. I was thinking the same. I think m-tech rear with alpina front would look great.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by attila316
Great looking pictures. Mine is post-LCI but the pre-LCI does give me an idea. For installation, do you need to remove the existing front spoiler or does it install on top?

Hollywood, I wonder if they'll give discount for buying 2. Is your car pre or post LCI?
I'm sure it just goes over the top of the stock bumper. And hollywood's car is an LCI by the way!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

Yes mine is an LCI. KSK has 2 rear spoilers for sale at a crazy cheap price of $560. (reg $980) (! is mine, so i should say 1 left) As for the front....I am sure if we both buy the front spoiler we could get some kind of discount.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by attila316
v, great looking. I was thinking the same. I think m-tech rear with alpina front would look great.
Especially LCI!!!

Btw Alpine installs over the existing front. You may need to remove (if lci even has this) a little black plastic piece that is under the bumper cover, so that the underside of the Alpina overlay clears the bottom - you'll see what I mean, when you get it. But I am pretty sure that ordering a front from KSK will take a while to receive - have you found out how long to get it? I'd say, try to get it used, but there's just no chance of it happening - no on in the States probably even has an LCI Alpina front for E60. So you'll be original

I like the m-tech rear for my setup, but like I said, I wanna be sure I have rims and the drop in place before deciding whether I need to change the rear at all.

GL

Quick Reply: Alpina