E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

For all you out there with 20's

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='316373' date='Jul 28 2006, 03:09 PM
I am sure you have already checked, but it sounds like you may have too much air in the tires. If not maybe there is something wrong with the tires themselves and not necessarily the wheels.
Yes I did tryed 40psi and 35psi on all tires.
I highly doubt that the tires are bad they are brand new nito 555's

When I went to axis today they went above and beyond to try to fix it...we actually found out that their balancing machine was not computing correctly....so they took it to another shop and payed them to balance it...it all zeroed out (balanced) after this it help the shaking alot now it only shakes on some roads instead of all roads.

So basically Im thinking its a harmonics problem and I just need stiffer springs. I just wish someone who has been through this already can save me alota time

Thanks,
HooKed
Old 07-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hooked' post='316419' date='Jul 28 2006, 04:38 PM
Yes I did tryed 40psi and 35psi on all tires.
I highly doubt that the tires are bad they are brand new nito 555's

When I went to axis today they went above and beyond to try to fix it...we actually found out that their balancing machine was not computing correctly....so they took it to another shop and payed them to balance it...it all zeroed out (balanced) after this it help the shaking alot now it only shakes on some roads instead of all roads.

So basically Im thinking its a harmonics problem and I just need stiffer springs. I just wish someone who has been through this already can save me alota time

Thanks,
HooKed
I think that you said you tried it with and without the hubcentric rings before. So now with the latest improved balance do you have the hub rings on or off the car? The hub rings "should" make a difference.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Contributors

can you take a better picture of it? like the entire car..a nice close up? thanks
Old 07-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by hooked' post='316332' date='Jul 28 2006, 11:12 AM
Maybe your right but then again there is all these people with 20" wheels....am I the only one with this problem? I hope some of you out there who actually have the 20's will post your remark
Thanks,
HooKed
Congrats on your free rims you lucky bastard As far as my 20s I don't have any shaking or DSC coming on when i'm making turns (Slow or fast). I don't know what to tell you seems like everyone already suggested all the stuff I was gonna say Like rodyBMW said the Hub rings should've helped I hope you solve this problem. At least your rims look good
Old 07-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='316519' date='Jul 28 2006, 10:21 PM
Congrats on your free rims you lucky bastard As far as my 20s I don't have any shaking or DSC coming on when i'm making turns (Slow or fast). I don't know what to tell you seems like everyone already suggested all the stuff I was gonna say Like rodyBMW said the Hub rings should've helped I hope you solve this problem. At least your rims look good
LOL yeah you can see my car on the exewheels website now

Yes now they have the hubcentric rings on and it helped but still have minor shaking but it is much better
Im wondering if it is the coils? maybe the factore sport coils are too soft?

Thanks HooKed
Old 07-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by hooked' post='316535' date='Jul 29 2006, 12:49 AM
LOL yeah you can see my car on the exewheels website now
maybe the factore sport coils are too soft?

Thanks HooKed
I doubt it or else alot of people would be having this problem.. Only other thing I could think of is maybe one (or more) of the rims are bent because when a rim gets bent it shakes the steering wheel as well.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Interesting TBlax545i has these exact wheels, he hasn't posted any issues with his wheels.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [b][i]08 E-60 535i TT[/i][/b], 07/07 Production Date, Space Grey w/Blk Dakota interior, SA Tranny w/Pad Shift, Sport Pkg, Prem Pkg, NAV, PDC, IPOD, 30% Lumar tint front, 20% Lumar tint rear. 20" EXE "Konkourse" machined polished aluminum alloy wheels, 20x9 front, 20x10.5 rear, riding on Toyo Proxes 4's -255/30/20 front & 295/25/20 rear. [b]Gone but not forgotten![/b] - 04 E-60 545i Silver Gray w/gray dakota interior, Sprt Pkg, Prem Pkg, CW Pkg, HUD, NAV, Logic 7, PDC, Rear Shades.

Hey,

I just got back on this morning and when going through this post I'm shocked! I purchased my EXE KonKourse wheels on Sat. July 01, 2006 from Peter at Axis wheels in Gardena. He told me I was the first to get the wheels in So. Cal. He came out and took pics of my car and they used to be on the site. After reading this post I noticed the site has been updated. One pic of my set-up remains on the site, if you click through on the KonKourse link click on the small third thumbnail (blowup of the wheel) and a pic of the left rear of my car comes up.

I was first shocked to hear that hooked was told he was the first to get the wheels and then HE GOT HIS FREEEEEEE! WOW I'm hurt.

I put pics up on the gallery, and even posted in the "Post Pics of Your Hot Aftermarket Wheels" thread all earlier this month. Guess who I'm about to call
Attached Thumbnails For all you out there with 20's-img_0142.jpg  
Old 07-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [b][i]08 E-60 535i TT[/i][/b], 07/07 Production Date, Space Grey w/Blk Dakota interior, SA Tranny w/Pad Shift, Sport Pkg, Prem Pkg, NAV, PDC, IPOD, 30% Lumar tint front, 20% Lumar tint rear. 20" EXE "Konkourse" machined polished aluminum alloy wheels, 20x9 front, 20x10.5 rear, riding on Toyo Proxes 4's -255/30/20 front & 295/25/20 rear. [b]Gone but not forgotten![/b] - 04 E-60 545i Silver Gray w/gray dakota interior, Sprt Pkg, Prem Pkg, CW Pkg, HUD, NAV, Logic 7, PDC, Rear Shades.

My apologies, in my state of shock I forgot to address the issue of steering. I initially had my EXE KonKourse's mounted on Michelin PS2's (24530/20 front 285/30/20 rear) NEVER so much as a shimmy or any steering issues. I did however have some major rubbing issues in the front and rear.

After getting input from cattman, I decided to make a change in tire sizes. My budget did not support going with Michelins again so I went with Toyo Proxes 4's, 255/30 front, 295/25 rear. Immediately after the remounting on Toyo's I did experience shaking between 60 to 70mph and then it would smooth out. I went back to tire shop and they re-checked balance, funny they also said their machine was slightly off and after rebalancing NO shake whatsoever. I can say the Toyo's are not as quiet or smooth as the Michelin's but my baby runs and looks sweet to me.

Originally Posted by TBlax545i' post='316676' date='Jul 29 2006, 10:02 AM
Hey,

I just got back on this morning and when going through this post I'm shocked! I purchased my EXE KonKourse wheels on Sat. July 01, 2006 from Peter at Axis wheels in Gardena. He told me I was the first to get the wheels in So. Cal. He came out and took pics of my car and they used to be on the site. After reading this post I noticed the site has been updated. One pic of my set-up remains on the site, if you click through on the KonKourse link click on the small third thumbnail (blowup of the wheel) and a pic of the left rear of my car comes up.

I was first shocked to hear that hooked was told he was the first to get the wheels and then HE GOT HIS FREEEEEEE! WOW I'm hurt.

I put pics up on the gallery, and even posted in the "Post Pics of Your Hot Aftermarket Wheels" thread all earlier this month. Guess who I'm about to call
Old 07-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TBlax545i' post='316676' date='Jul 29 2006, 10:02 AM
Hey,

Maybe I should clear a few things up.....

I am not the first one to have gotten these rims....Im just the first one that they have put on a 5 series and taken a picture of

I did not get the completely free I payed for tires mount and balance 100 bucks rim

Hope that clears up some stuff.