E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AKAlius's Euro Sticker with a new twist.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I left my car at home today and am letting the glue dry for 24hours fully. Wiring it up is a pain in the ass, the connectors for the rings dont have enough wire, and the quick splice doesn't work since the wire is so thin. I have have 6 wires exposed in engine bay. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 02-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by tex_phil
I left my car at home today and am letting the glue dry for 24hours fully. Wiring it up is a pain in the ass, the connectors for the rings dont have enough wire, and the quick splice doesn't work since the wire is so thin. I have have 6 wires exposed in engine bay. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
That's why you should contact Umnitza and get the right boxes to keep each box seperately. and no exposed wires. I'll take a pic tonight on how i set up the box. I actually took out all the BS angel eyes from BMW and the fiber optic setup. I took the umnitza box and screwed it onto the screw that was holding the angel eye housing. Hard to explain, but i can just take a pic and it'll explain everything. LOL.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

Man this is so tempting, I am planning on buying another set of headlights and do the mods just in case I mess up heh, got back up. So basically you are using the soldier iron to melt through the plastic? You think it would work for melting through the hard glue to get to the eye brows? Anyone selling a Pre- LCI headlights
Old 02-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
That's why you should contact Umnitza and get the right boxes to keep each box seperately. and no exposed wires. I'll take a pic tonight on how i set up the box. I actually took out all the BS angel eyes from BMW and the fiber optic setup. I took the umnitza box and screwed it onto the screw that was holding the angel eye housing. Hard to explain, but i can just take a pic and it'll explain everything. LOL.
Apparently each boxes powers them different. If I use 3 into a 4 connection box it will wear the life of them down quick. The smaller rings needs to go into the two box connection, they are designed for the small rings. It really sucks it couldn't be a better design, I've already cut the connections so I can't go back now.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Its done already man! Keep up with the posts!! LOL

I'll post pics tonight when its lit up. Its fully dry. Just haven't installed the headlights back onto the car.

I know.... I know... I've been out of touch... We all gotta meet up one of these days as it finally gets nicer out.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Apparently each boxes powers them different. If I use 3 into a 4 connection box it will wear the life of them down quick. The smaller rings needs to go into the two box connection, they are designed for the small rings. It really sucks it couldn't be a better design, I've already cut the connections so I can't go back now.
Now you see, that makes no sense. The boxes i think are the same. just have more connections on one. Umnitza sold me with two boxes that have 4 connections on each box. I saw in your pic, the box with two connections has space to put on two more connections. I think you can take off one of the connections from the box that has 4, de-solder the box and solder it back onto the box with the two connections. I see the connection points in the pic you posted. Real simple.

So in turn, how do they expect me to wire that up right? that's wierd.

You can always fix up the wires even if its cut. =) I soldered the box wires to the AE wires.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Eugene134
I know.... I know... I've been out of touch... We all gotta meet up one of these days as it finally gets nicer out.
Yea man, I want to see the car. Let's get them headlight mods done. I know you got some ugly amber you need to take out. Also we can do the cluster mod on that e90 too.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 530xi Space Grey / Dark Grey Sport pkg, Sun screens, Navi, 30% tint, HID Fogs, RDash license plate lights, LED Reverse lights, 6000k AE's, 20s Glossy black 128 wheels

Originally Posted by NC916
Man this is so tempting, I am planning on buying another set of headlights and do the mods just in case I mess up heh, got back up. So basically you are using the soldier iron to melt through the plastic? You think it would work for melting through the hard glue to get to the eye brows? Anyone selling a Pre- LCI headlights
I think I might have two from my previous E60 but they deff are no good. I got into an accident and my brother ripped off the headlights just for the HIDs. If you guys are interested they are freebies.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Contributors

From this pic, You can see the box has 4 connections, then 2 connections. You can take one of the connections from the box with 4 and desolder it off and solder it onto Box with two connections.
AKAlius's Euro Sticker with a new twist.-3evsz.jpg
Old 02-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Yea man, I want to see the car. Let's get them headlight mods done. I know you got some ugly amber you need to take out. Also we can do the cluster mod on that e90 too.
Ummm Correction... I dont have any ugly amber.... and I already have HID's in my angel eyes

Quick Reply: AKAlius's Euro Sticker with a new twist.