E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AIB Angel eyes V3.0 arrivedd today

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='440159' date='Jun 26 2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Ron,
Can you somehow get together with someone who has the v2.0 to do a side by side comparison?

Great idea Eurocarfan, anyone that is willing im so game !
Old 06-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='440360' date='Jun 27 2007, 11:01 AM
Coolguy in talking with some members there is not much of a visible difference between V1 and V2 kind of difficult to see with the naked eye. According to Dave V3 will be the brightest in the market.

rj
Ya exactly, till date theres has been any v1 vs V2 pics either, so doubt any will show up for V2 vs V3 lol.. But it is bright enough no matter what brand or version you buy anyways. At this point Angelibright / Uminitza has to figure out features (DRL, ON angel rights w/ unlock remote, live chaging color etc etc..) not who got brightest, that would encourage ppl to buy/upgrade them.

As far as Features and price is concerned Uminitza is a step ahead of Angelibright.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='440175' date='Jun 26 2007, 08:56 PM
Good luck on that
till date I dont think there was no side-by-side pics of v1 and v2 even from Dave@angelibright

I heard ppl cant even tell diff itseems.

my point exactly.. so any 1 reding this and wants v2 should consider my v1 up sor sale and keep the extra bucks in your pokets
Old 06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='440532' date='Jun 27 2007, 04:21 PM
my point exactly.. so any 1 reding this and wants v2 should consider my v1 up sor sale and keep the extra bucks in your pokets

i have heard that a lot as well that the human eye can't tell the difference but according to dave these AIB V3 will blow everything out of the water.

lets see if thats the case

rj
Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='440538' date='Jun 27 2007, 02:48 PM
...according to dave these AIB V3 will blow everything out of the water.
Too much hype... let's see some pictures already to qualify these claims!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Haha

I think too much white will look odd. It will be like flash lights lol..
Old 06-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='440557' date='Jun 27 2007, 06:43 PM
Haha

I think too much white will look odd. It will be like flash lights lol..
Not true at all. I get tons of compliments on my lights when I just have the AIB's going and my fogs. Go white!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='440366' date='Jun 27 2007, 10:16 AM
As far as Features and price is concerned Uminitza is a step ahead of Angelibright.
and we've not even begun to roll the real big feature into the product yet.

I mean, this one will be a little closer in price to $249 or maybe a little more, but we still have to solve some technical issues with the design first.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='440538
Too much hype... let's see some pictures already to qualify these claims!
+1 if we still dont have side by sides of v1 and v2 provided by the maker even when all this talk and debate was going around when v2 was being talked about i dont expect anything different from his strategy in marketing the v3.. it will probably be ohh hey guys v3 is out every 1 run to pay pal and push that button chi-chin$$ untill that happens im not buying the story of v3 being all that better because v2 has not clearly been proven to be visibly better than v1 till this day.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008
Cool

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='440582
i spoke with Dave and in doing my own preliminary research i wanted to test these. These are almost ready to be released and wanted to see how much brighter they are than the AIB v2. According to Dave at AIB he said that V1 and V2 are very difficult to see if one is brighter than the other with the naked eye but V3 should be noticibly brighter.

I will try and install them this weekend and take pics for your pleasure.

Then you have a competitor that originally claims V2 is 2X brighter than V1, it's 5000000% brighter. All of a sudden, at $300 a pop with shipping, you are expected to suddenly buy the fact that in reality, there isn't a difference in output between V1 and V2. WHAT?!@?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

HELLO? BUELLER?!?!?!? So which is it? It's the same but prettier packaging? ok, I'll buy that. It's the same but better engineering? I'll buy that. But it's not brighter now folks is it? So why isn't there any outrage about this? Where is the public lynching that would have happened if Umnitza had ever dared or even considered making this kind of claim? There isn't any outrage that all of you getting to the V2 had to pony up money for something that was no different than V1 by the vendor's own admission??? To be perfectly forthright, we've missed DATES of shipment, and I know you guys hold us to a MUCH higher standard to do the right thing and the best thing each and every time <-- so this is quite flattering, but COME ON. Where's the outrage? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Dave and I have no happiness together, Dave used to be a vendor for my products, he used to sell my stuff for his one-off experimental headlights, before which, he did it with LED. I frankly have no clue why he cared to go strike out on his own when this isn't what he was good at doing, but more power to him. I hold no ill will towards him, I just think it's an abomination to claim one thing and do another, but I also think it's misleading to suddenly come out with a "V3 that will blow the doors off of anything out there" when it's historically an inaccurate statement for other products. BTW - good copy of our proprietary projector lens that was first introduced in V1. Only took a year to copy it, and then it wasn't a good one at that.

FWIW, TRBODA6 hit it on the head (why I quoted him), what's with the coincidental announcement of V3 24 hours after we announced V2 would begin shipping? Coincidence? no way.
TRBODA6 Couldn't possibly be more RIGHT on his comments.

For the record, from an engineering perspective (and we worked with one of the biggest LED suppliers in the world for this) it's nearly impossible for the current LED, given cost to make a product that much brighter without using an external heatsink to dissipate the heat. Not saying it's never going to be done, but the price is too high. I know, I've already experimented with 10+W LEDs, at $240 a pop, it's not cheap and the heat sink is the size of a car (exaggeration). Good luck getting more output (strictly engineering speaking) from a light source without an external heat sink.

I've already got V2.5 in the works, as mentioned above, so I'm not terribly worried, more like amused.

So, I had to vent. We now return you to regularly scheduled cooler heads prevailing.

Quick Reply: AIB Angel eyes V3.0 arrivedd today