E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AFE Intake here! Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='652660' date='Aug 23 2008, 03:40 AM
Installed mine yesterday, and it took me a little longer to install because the clamp wouldn't stay on the tube? Can anyone help me it is not totally secured, their is a gap where the MAF sensor is and it is really bugging me, as i don't want it to just slide off when I'm driving. Otherwise I love it , the car revs faster and the sound is bearable (similar to my previous K&N filter), I also feel that I lost some low-end torque but I think it's because of the slight unsecure fit of the tube, does anybody have a solution to this, thanks.
Installed mine this morning and took the car for a spin through town and the e-way; car feels and acts more punchy & powerful (I like it... ) and has a more "throaty" sound at the higher rpm's. When in idle there is almost no difference in sound from stock intake (I like this too... it doesn't sound like a hyperactive Ricer's Subaru ).
For the above issue: I had the same problem and to fix this I just cut a very small crescent shape out of the flexible intake tube where it meets the MAF sensor, then pulled it snug against the MAF sensor and tightened the clamp. No problems after that.
Very quick and ez install!! Thanks Trinity !!!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

enjoy guys Let us know about anything else we can help with as well
Old 08-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by garylewa' post='652798' date='Aug 23 2008, 10:23 AM
Installed mine this morning and took the car for a spin through town and the e-way; car feels and acts more punchy & powerful (I like it... ) and has a more "throaty" sound at the higher rpm's. When in idle there is almost no difference in sound from stock intake (I like this too... it doesn't sound like a hyperactive Ricer's Subaru ).
For the above issue: I had the same problem and to fix this I just cut a very small crescent shape out of the flexible intake tube where it meets the MAF sensor, then pulled it snug against the MAF sensor and tightened the clamp. No problems after that.
i had the same problem also, ill have to go back out tommorow morning to make it snug better, other than that installment was easy, i like the new sound, i feel it a little bit more jumpy and faster response time to the throttle

a couple pics

AFE Intake here!  Pics!-p8221383.jpg

Gotta Represent!!! thanks again Joe and Trinity!!!!
AFE Intake here!  Pics!-p8221385.jpg
Old 08-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 5series
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by garylewa' post='652798' date='Aug 23 2008, 01:23 PM
Can you post some pictures of what you exactly did to modify it to fit properly, thank you.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

mine fit no problems, didn't have to alter anything
Old 08-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2012

Quick question for you all. First off I'm loving my intake over and over every time I decide to endulge in some spirited driving. However, about 3 weeks after installation my service light came on and after looking into it further it says its relating into increased emmissions. I want to take my 545 in for warranteed service but should I throw on the OEM intake first or am I safe. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

i guess it depends if the dealer is mod friendly...i guess switching them out and taking it to the dealer

OK I just got the increased emissions on mine what do we do??????
Old 08-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

you guys must have installed it wrong...I haven't got increased emissions on mine. Something must be a little loose. Check your connections
Old 08-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Senior Members

i havent drove mine for a while just arround the block and so far no trouble codes.
i thinking there must be a leak of air coming in without the mass iar seeing or reading.
that would either be where the mass air sits or where the rubber meets the housing.
good luck guys keep us posted.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Make sure ALL connections are very tight. Make sure all the hoses are inserted properly all the way around, especially by the throttle body. I have had the blue, oiled filter on my car for almost a year now and have never had an issue with the MAF sensor. If it's installed properly, you guys shouldn't have any issues. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: AFE Intake here! Pics!