E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AE instead of DRL

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i 6MT, Sport Pkg, Prem Pkg, sprint booster, ram air, BMC filter.

Hi, newbie here. First of all, I just wan to say that I have learned many things reading other posts in this forum. I just finished my first mod on my car and the posts on CAI helped me avoid a costly mistake buying AFE. Instead, I called up Eloy at RPi and I got the scoop with BMC filter instead. So, thanks you guys!

Anyway, I have been trying to search a solution to my AE question. I read a lot of LCI and DRL posts but nothing specific to my situation so far.

I turned on DRL from iDrive and the internal light lamps turns on instead of the AE's. Is there a DIY on recabling my lights to use the AE instead of the DRL lamps?

I appreciate everyone's help! Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by forced535' post='871875' date='May 8 2009, 12:33 AM
Hi, newbie here. First of all, I just wan to say that I have learned many things reading other posts in this forum. I just finished my first mod on my car and the posts on CAI helped me avoid a costly mistake buying AFE. Instead, I called up Eloy at RPi and I got the scoop with BMC filter instead. So, thanks you guys!

Anyway, I have been trying to search a solution to my AE question. I read a lot of LCI and DRL posts but nothing specific to my situation so far.

I turned on DRL from iDrive and the internal light lamps turns on instead of the AE's. Is there a DIY on recabling my lights to use the AE instead of the DRL lamps?

I appreciate everyone's help! Thanks in advance.
see you got the mod bug bite too

I think I've seen something on this in DIY or Parts Accesories and Mods sections.
Also, I'm pretty sure umnitza.com has some DYI links/sections - you might wanna try that.
Basically, you will have to re-wire your lights, so that the car thinks AE is the DRL. Not sure whether you'll need any additional parts though - I haven't done this myself.
Other than that, I say, simply find a member on this forum who did it and PM him/her.

Good luck man! Sorry I couldn't help more.