E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Advise on deleting muffler !!! 911

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013 | 01:48 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i sport package with Mteck & M5 Rims Mpower

Yusoslo be moving the rear muffler and replacing it with what ?? Brand ? Or tape or muffler ? By the way nice sound that the way I'll love for my to sound .
Old 09-09-2013 | 05:56 AM
New Members

Yusoslo is your BMW 550i automatic or shift stick ??
Old 09-09-2013 | 07:13 AM
Members

I deleted my muffler/resonators with the mid resonator and replaced with an X pipe that the shop manufactured for me and ran dual tubing to the back with quad rolled tip exhaust. Once I installed the rolled tips it sounded much better, didnt think it would change the sound but it did for the good.

On the other hand, it is loud when you want it to. If youre only cuising then its not bad, it has a deep tone when driving around the city, if youre on cruise control you cant even hear it inside.

Althought at night when i idle my car, it does wake up my neighbors and my friends always know when im by their house before even calling them lol the sound is sick though, get questions everywhere of what kind of exhaust that is

mine is 545i automatic
Old 09-09-2013 | 06:19 PM
Members

Thanks guys, my car is SMG, and I removed the rear muffler and just put a straight pipe on and welded on a tip. I plan on going quad with this, or remove the OEM resonator and replace it with a Magnaflow X pipe muffler then to straight tips.

nothingbutbmw, Please make or post a vid. I am contemplating on removing my resonator and adding a x pipe mangaflow muffler. Alot of guys remove the resonator and muffler, then add an X pipe magnaflow muffler plus a resonator on each end before a tip but I think that is too quiet.

My sound is perfect now, but I wish it was a bit louder. Does yours pop and gurgle on deceleration? Mine does and I love that, I am afraid the X pipe will kill that sound.
Old 09-10-2013 | 06:29 AM
Members

Ok ill try and make one, i have no mufflers or resonators on mine at all just good bends and straight tubing so mine is pretty loud.

Oh yes it pops and gurgles. It pops really loud in the morning it sounds like a gunshot, and the gurgling makes it pop multiple times over the same deceleration. Once the car warms up though no popping or at least its more rare ( have to hit the right rpm and pressure ), just "gurgle" as i decelerate.

Ill try to make a cold run so you can hear it
Old 09-10-2013 | 11:29 AM
New Members

Guys put up,some video !!
Old 09-19-2013 | 03:09 PM
New Members

NothinbutBmw where is the video brother !! Still waiting my friend ��
Old 09-20-2013 | 10:05 AM
Members

Sorry buddy, been busy with work and to be honest addicted to GTA 5 lol

Ill get a friend and do a video in cabin and outside this weekend
Old 09-20-2013 | 07:35 PM
New Members

Cool .. ��.. Have fun playing GTA 5 ✌️..
Old 09-22-2013 | 03:42 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 01/04 545i - 19" Alloys

Originally Posted by almandee26
Guys ! Would like to delete my muffler on my 545i but do you guys have any idea if it would be too loud when crusing or accelerating ?? I really like the sound of the M5 stock not too loud but sweet , would like my car to sound like that but I wouldn't want to spend all the money on a new exhaust . Guys what do you think ? Any idea you guys may have ? Or advise ?? Really appreciated ..
I did just a muffler delete on my 545i two weeks ago.

when you open the throttle it sounds great, but if you just drive normally the drone is unbearable and just sounds like bad bad throat singing, until you get up to speed and ease of the pedal, then its quiet... I've already ordered another muffler that i can control using a remote so my neighbors don't want my head on a stick...

Forgot to mention:

after i got the muffler delete done, the engine surges at low loading any speed and the RPM varies by about 200rpm.. It didnt do this before the delete, so i believe its directly related, any one else with this issue?

Last edited by ma_tty_d; 09-22-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Advise on deleting muffler !!! 911