E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Nelson, I'm looking at the PDF again.I had to re-arrange a few pins at the LMA module hardness and of course all the pins were re-configured for the headlights, but the tail lights don't show any pin re-arrangement, just adding the interface connector harnesses. Am I missing something??
Old 06-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Give a quick call, I'm driving.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Nelson, I'm looking at the PDF again.I had to re-arrange a few pins at the LMA module hardness and of course all the pins were re-configured for the headlights, but the tail lights don't show any pin re-arrangement, just adding the interface connector harnesses. Am I missing something??
Actually, this is dependent on your car's build date. In any case, from your PM it sounds like it's figured out.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Contributors

Simon,
I'm Still getting the errors and its driving me nuts!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Nigel,

Chk each of the pin at the tail lights end ... that foot or so cable adapter sometime has pin configured the wrong way ... mine has 3 pins at the wrong places on each side and took 2 days for me to figured them out ... w/ the wrong pin everytime I added +MUEB I got various tail lights warnings (maybe same as what you got but I didn't remember to be exact) and all good w/o +MUEB.

GL!

--Rival.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Nigel,

Chk each of the pin at the tail lights end ... that foot or so cable adapter sometime has pin configured the wrong way ... mine has 3 pins at the wrong places on each side and took 2 days for me to figured them out ... w/ the wrong pin everytime I added +MUEB I got various tail lights warnings (maybe same as what you got but I didn't remember to be exact) and all good w/o +MUEB.

GL!

--Rival.
+100000
Old 06-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Contributors

Holy Effin Sheeeet!!!!!! BlaSTiWi and Nelson, You were 100% correct.

The OEM BMW harnesses were completely messed up. There were five (count em, 5!!) wires in the wrong pin locations including one on the right side tail light that feeds to the LCM!! I am so thankful it did not damage my tail lights nor LCM. This is ridiculous. Where the hell is their Quality Control??? This cost me almost four hours of messing around with code and the likes when all along I had faulty harnesses..

Needless to say, once I pulled the pins and re-configured the connectors, my iDrive errors are now gone and everything works like a top!!!

I also bought new HID Xenons and HID Angel eyes from John but there is no way I'll install these tonight. We'll see what kind of time I have tomorrow. Its been a long day but a successful install in the end.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction in the end guys. This shows again that you can't put a price on experience.

(I'll post later with the incorrect pinouts and how I fixed them so that others may benefit from it).

Cheers and have a good night!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Contributors

Here's a link to my wiring debacle:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/114...4#entry1351744
Attached Thumbnails Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon-lci006.jpg  
Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting my quest to track down the front lights for a proper OEM install have a quick question. Currently at work so I don't have access to the car to check the exact part, but I've made an assumption on the part I think I've got fitted as I've got Adaptive xeons and the car was built in 05.

So I think I have this fitted to the car
Bi-xenon headlight AKL, left 1 01/2005 03/2007 63127160151

You mention earlier in the thread reusing existing parts from the Pre LCI lights, namely the adaptive motors and such.

Realoem description of the new part I want to buy as:
AHL-xenon headlight, left 1 03/2007 63127045693

Should I be worried about the difference between AKL and AHL as I'm not sure I know what AKL stands for!?

For reference the new Euro parts for the headlights for adaptive + xeons is:
1ZS 169 009-131
1ZS 169 009-141
Old 09-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Should I be worried about the difference between AKL and AHL as I'm not sure I know what AKL stands for!?
Good morning markie,
AHL stands for Adaptive Headlights whiles I believe that AKL stands for Active Adjustment (AKTIV) Lights. European terminology or distinction for AHL. What is more important is that you will be able to use your Xenon ballasts found in your original fixtures, as part of your new LCI modification. Although the AHL modules will also physically adapt there has been debated discussions as to whether they can be coded appropriately to work with the new light modules. Most who have done this suggest that new AHL modules are needed.

My modification did not include AHL modules therefore I cannot confirm this portion of the install.

Good luck. You will love this mod once it is complete.

Quick Reply: Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon