E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

hi georgieb thats the ones ive purchased and fitted to the car, its the xenons with the frosted glass, i originally have the xenons adaptive headlights when i had the pre lci lights in the car, i then spliced the wires and followed the pdf update retrofit guide and fitted the new lci,

everything works accept the side lights (angels) i get a parking error then it shuts down, and leaves me with the xenons on and the orange leds. indicator works, and my adaptive features no longer works, BUT i dont get that flashing green light to tell me it isnt working Wierd
d4rkchocolate,
This is indeed one of those mods where the results are profound. Do you have the newer Light Module installed already? If so, I think programming is your last step in ensuring everything works as OEM. With the right guy programming your LM, you can even have your AEs as DRLs.

Post a few pics of the front end of your car if you have any. Always good to see what others have done. Cheers!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah ill get some pics up......at the moment im just planning my journey on finding an LCM, and the rear cables, the LCI front & rears are already in, so will need to find someone to code it for me, and hopefully the errors will go...... plus i'll have to take out the bruce miranda retrofit looms out and shelve them........
Old 11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Contributors

plus i'll have to take out the bruce miranda retrofit looms out and shelve them..
I'm in the same boat. Maybe I'll put em up for sale in the classifieds.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Here's a thread that will help you guys when you do the retrofit, specially installation. Its a 13 page thread, have fun reading it

https://5series.net/forums/topic/468...4&#entry561074
Old 11-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

man i so wanna do it, knowing that my car is after 08/06

now just to make it clearer,

Can i just upgrade my front headlights to LCI and use bruce's v6 cable in the back? coz i just got them f&&&ers

if not, do i just need to swap headlights, tail lights, with proper harness and get the programming and thats it? or do i need to change my LCM

i love my adaptive headlights, would i lose them with this upgrade? thanks nelson, u really are an awesome fella.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by sachal007
man i so wanna do it, knowing that my car is after 08/06

now just to make it clearer,

Can i just upgrade my front headlights to LCI and use bruce's v6 cable in the back? coz i just got them f&&&ers

No you cant. If you do headlights you have to use the OEM retrofit cables and sell Bruce's V6.

if not, do i just need to swap headlights, tail lights, with proper harness and get the programming and thats it? or do i need to change my LCM

Correct, for your car you dont need to change LCM.

i love my adaptive headlights, would i lose them with this upgrade? thanks nelson, u really are an awesome fella.

You will not lose your adaptive headlights.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:34 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the additional info Nelson. I am still in the process of deciding what to buy from who. This should be a great mod once completed.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Members

ok im starting to send some pics in,in this one i decided to add my ORGINAL 10W side lights on both sides, and low and behold, the error light dissappeared, so now im in a dilema, i wanna get the latest lcm and code it, but for now i wanna drive with my angels, can i get a resistor in for now........so i can connect my H8 back in??
Old 11-05-2010, 04:38 AM
Contributors

so now im in a dilema, i wanna get the latest lcm and code it, but for now i wanna drive with my angels, can i get a resistor in for now........so i can connect my H8 back in??
d4rkchocolate,
For your reference and if you decide on a purchase, Realoem.com has the LCM (BMW # 63 12 7 189 312) for USD $119.88 per side. Also one of our forum members may be willing to do the coding for you (Look up Patrys and send him some correspondence if you would like to). I have no idea what he will charge you for this and it will have to be done remotely given that he is in Poland. You'll need a laptop and a BMW E60 specific OBDC - USB cable. (Patrys has provided great coding support for those of us who have completed LCI CIC/iDrive retrofits).

Having said that, it may not be your most convenient option for coding. Just giving you some choices...

Cheers.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Georgieb
d4rkchocolate,
For your reference and if you decide on a purchase, Realoem.com has the LCM (BMW # 63 12 7 189 312) for USD $119.88 per side. Also one of our forum members may be willing to do the coding for you (Look up Patrys and send him some correspondence if you would like to). I have no idea what he will charge you for this and it will have to be done remotely given that he is in Poland. You'll need a laptop and a BMW E60 specific OBDC - USB cable. (Patrys has provided great coding support for those of us who have completed LCI CIC/iDrive retrofits).

Having said that, it may not be your most convenient option for coding. Just giving you some choices...

Cheers.

cheers georgieb,

yes i have the IBM T30 laptop with the the obd2 cable and DIS, Progman, and sas is helping me with another program etc.... so all set for patrys to work his magic on the vehicle

Quick Reply: Advice on Pre LCI Xenon to LCI Xenon