E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ACM Module

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

im not really sure if you will be able to use the normal dvd player instead of the BMW one... i REALLY cant say, but since you got the device i suggest you install it... at least you will be able to see the the oil and water temperature, using its onboad info...
-you can return the unit and get your money back if you dont want to take this risk and get the TVonNavi interface thats and aftermarket part and find some one to install...

all post the info i found out on the interface in a few minutes
Old 12-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone Waiting

thanks moadoon
Old 12-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

ok...ive been looking at the manuals here...learned alot....
judeing from your profile i see an ipod...so i am assuming you have an aux in connection, and you also have the BMWs tersterial tv (not digital satalite) option.. so you may not even need a software update..
seems the system can only have one TV source (satalite/analouge/tersterial/etc) and another video (dvd). this does not include the cameras (rear or front) that do not have a sound connection (only video)....

the kits looks as if the CAN interface is responsible for managing the sound coming in from the aux-in, dvd, and tv. and for switching them on and off.. im not sure if it also controls the video.. but it really doesnt matter how it works but it may help, some people...

here is a picture of how it will look like when your BMW dealer is done with the installation... in the picture there are only TWO open connections locations.
-A10 for your TV and DVD..
-A16 for the front and rear cams..
ACM Module-layout.jpg
this is the diagram taken from the instructions..
just to show A16 is the camera plug, and A10 is used for the TV(DVB-T) and DVD..
ACM Module-diagram.jpg
can anyone with electical knowledge help figure out if a normal dvd player will connect to A10 connector and if it will work if connected???
Old 12-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone Waiting

Wow Madoon

Thanks a lot

Midget is doing his install today too
let see.

Thanks
again
Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,

I received some of your PM and I have not a chance to reply, so I just reply it here:
For DVD player, two wires each for AV RCA signal (assuming we're using aftermarket one):
Left audio (Left signal + Audio ground), right audio (Right signal + Audio ground), and video (Video signal + Video ground). My theory is that
Left signal connects to Audio L (pin 5) of connector A10 ACM
Right signal connects to Audio R (pin 6) of connector A10 ACM
Audio ground signal of Left and Right Audio signal connects to Audio Ground (pin 7) of connector A10 ACM
Video signal connects to Video CVBS (pin 8) of connector A10 ACM
Video ground connects to Video Ground (pin9) of connector A10 ACM
If pin 10 of ACM (DVB-T) is active low, connects it to +12V source via a fuse or so to deactivate it.
If pin 10 of ACM (DVD-T) is active high, ground it.
DVD on signal from DVD player connects to pin 11 if both are active high or low. If now, inversion of DVD-on signal must be done with an inverter or so.
Pin 12 is all off for DVB and DVD. It's either active high or low.

This is just my best educated guess Please correct me if I'm wrong and your input will be more valuable to our members here.
I encourage you to add your input here.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

thankyou alot for your help my530i..

ok. i understood everything except for the the last three pins that are supose to activate and deactivate the system...
form your post this is what i understood when the signal is high means its off, and when its low its on...
so if the dvd is active low it is runing,, and dvb-t should be high meaning off....

its either this or the opposite...
Old 12-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Contributors

Yes.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Black BMW 525i Touring

Great work my530i!

I am defenitely going to install a generic DVD player and make my own connection from RCA cinch to ACM connector A10.

Currently I am gathering some more info on how to remove the trim properly to install the ACM module. Removing all trim without any damage is the hardest part. Any input on this is welcome.

I will post pictures in a week or so.

Thanks,

Midget
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Contributors

Hi Midget,

Could you please explain the enabling step? Like press down MENU, turn iDrive control knob, etc..

Thanks/Fred
Old 07-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Black BMW 525i Touring

Originally Posted by my530i' post='447579' date='Jul 14 2007, 08:44 AM
Hi Midget,

Could you please explain the enabling step? Like press down MENU, turn iDrive control knob, etc..

Thanks/Fred

Sure; to go to the ACM installation menu;

Press "Menu" button for 2 sec (you will arrive in ACM menu)
Slide Controller to the right once (that is slide, NOT turn)
Slide Controller to the left 3 times
Press Controller once

You are no in the ACM set-up menu where you can specify what Accessories you have hooked up to the ACM.

I now have
- Rear View Camera
- Digital TV Player

The Digital TV module can be contolled over i-drive and steering wheel buttons (flipping channels and volume) .
This module also has 2 RCA inputs so that I can hook-up a generic DVD player.

Let me know in case yu have questions.

Midget

Quick Reply: ACM Module