E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Abrieb Tuning Device from Ebay works great!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Just ignore it Etienne.

I think Tbal was just having a blonde moment
Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

Tbal is speaking a load of old tosh

I am on loads of forums have been for years. Not hard to find out if you look.

This box deffo works ( although I have a remap now ). Not very hard to understand why. Increase fuel pressure, more fuel going in better and atomization. Quite a few tuners use increased fuel pressure in their remap for added power. Not rocket science

Mark, I suspect you will find all the boxes much of a much-ness. They all do the same unless they have 6 leads one onto each injector.

The resistor type used to plug into your temp sensor so your cars ecu though it was cold all the time. Very crude and did not work. Well maybe gave you 10 - 15 bhp if you were lucky.

The box works well, in physic's and engineering terms it must increase power. Diesel is one of the easiest engines to increase power on. In very basic terms, give it more fuel it WILL make more power. When it starts smoking give it more boost.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='768912' date='Jan 15 2009, 03:10 PM
Just ignore it Etienne.

I think Tbal was just having a blonde moment
Speaking of blondes show some proof, wheres the dyno charts, talk is cheap.
People must be stupid to spend $500+ on ecu remaps if this "cheap resistor" mod does the same thing. Load of bs, and seems like bunch of you are just in on this money making scam.

As far as eitennes comment, I just found it funny that 4 newbs with less than 7 posts, are in the same thread, yapping on about how this arieb device is unbeatable. I will laugh when some of the users of this mod, ruin something on their cars... rofl
Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Originally Posted by paulmc' post='768963' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:08 PM
Tbal is speaking a load of old tosh

I am on loads of forums have been for years. Not hard to find out if you look.

This box deffo works ( although I have a remap now ). Not very hard to understand why. Increase fuel pressure, more fuel going in better and atomization. Quite a few tuners use increased fuel pressure in their remap for added power. Not rocket science

Mark, I suspect you will find all the boxes much of a much-ness. They all do the same unless they have 6 leads one onto each injector.

The resistor type used to plug into your temp sensor so your cars ecu though it was cold all the time. Very crude and did not work. Well maybe gave you 10 - 15 bhp if you were lucky.

The box works well, in physic's and engineering terms it must increase power. Diesel is one of the easiest engines to increase power on. In very basic terms, give it more fuel it WILL make more power. When it starts smoking give it more boost.
Your on loads of forums... your point is? rofl
Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tbal' post='768999' date='Jan 16 2009, 01:26 AM
Speaking of blondes show some proof, wheres the dyno charts, talk is cheap.
People must be stupid to spend $500+ on ecu remaps if this "cheap resistor" mod does the same thing. Load of bs, and seems like bunch of you are just in on this money making scam.

As far as eitennes comment, I just found it funny that 4 newbs with less than 7 posts, are in the same thread, yapping on about how this arieb device is unbeatable. I will laugh when some of the users of this mod, ruin something on their cars... rofl
I don't think people are stupid to spend $500+ on a remap. If the remap is done correctly it WILL be loads better, on saying that no point spending $500+ just because it is a remap. Spending more money does not make the product better.

Laughing when someones car breaks is not really the way forward is it? People are trying different avenues to increase power this has been going on since the motor car was first produced. Just because everyone does not follow the same route we should not laugh if or when things go wrong. I though the point of these forums was to help? and if the end result is cheaper power thats got to be a good thing?

I do think you are right in one respect though. What damage is increasing the fuel pressure ( fuel pressure is already around 1800bar standard. How much can the pump and injectors take? ) and amount doing to the pump and DPF? If BMW were really cleaver the boost would be closed loop so if the oxygen sensor sees less O2 will it increase boost itself. It will do this in higher altitude anyway but to what degree i have no idea.

I did have this box and it worked 100%. I now have a remap from a totally different company as I had fears of the above or don't you believe that either
Old 01-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Members

just wanted to share my experience with the abrieb tuningbox, i got it fitted in today into my bmw, i couldnt do it myself, as there were screws in the back of the cover.

when the abrieb tuningbox was fitted in, i was excited, i drove for about 5 minutes and nothing happened, i thought i got conned, got a bit pissed off, next thing i know the car is flying... lool, when i tap the throttle the car jumps like it has nos activated on it or something,

overall the rating of the product is good and i would recommend people to buy it for the price i paid for the item, i paid 60 pound inlcuding postage, and the fitting was 10 pound, which was not bad,

fantastic product.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Contributors

Is this only for diesel engines or can you get 1 for petrol engines too
Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 535D touring with M-Sport paket

Pulling it again from the pile.....

Today my 535D touring is at 200.000Km. I've installed the device when the car was around 110.000km. I have a heavy foot. So far everything runs fine as the engine is concerned.

Only one time, I had a doubt about the part. It was a very warm day (35°C outside) and I was pushing quite hard. And suddenly, I've lost power. Like if I was down to 100HP. As I was close to my home, I could came back without problem.

I suspected the chip, which is installed under the plastic top cover of the engine, to be too warm, and to start to behave incorrectly. So I removed it immediately, and had a run without. Power was back as normal (without the chip of course).

I've put the chip back a few days after, when the outside temperature was lower, and so far so good.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by selbycy
Is this only for diesel engines or can you get 1 for petrol engines too
Ya,you can get the Petrol engine version for M54 engine.
Attached Thumbnails Abrieb Tuning Device from Ebay works great!!-bmw-t-power.jpg  
Old 04-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by M.Street
Ya,you can get the Petrol engine version for M54 engine.

Here we go www.t-power.com.my