E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Abrieb Tuning Device from Ebay works great!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Just be careful to not break your particle filter .. that is expensive. Watch out for black smoke behind your car.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='684358' date='Oct 3 2008, 11:32 AM
Interesting stuff..... My only concern is it traceable if there's a problem with the engine and BMW hooks up the ECU to their computer.... Something like, 'external device detected' or something....
I don't know if its traceable. According to Abrieb its not, but I plan to remove it before I bring my car in for service.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Members

First of all I will say Hi, and great forum.

I used this forum to get the picture of the Abreib chip and where to fit it, as it did not have instructions.

Thanks to to member who posted the pic.

I have to say WOW what a piece of kit for ?55. Car is much quicker and smoother, but its the pic-up, really does give you a punch in the back.....and no smoke.

I have had many cars and have performed many mod's but this takes first prize. To get this much difference from my Porsche cost me a bomb.

Very Very impresed i will report back if its better on juice, but for now im off out for another drive.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Members

I can report that my average fuel consumption dropped from 5.9-6.0 l/100KM to 5.0-5.1. Car performs beyond believe, and no smoke whatsoever.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

I do fancy buying one to try before I remap mine. The only problem for me is by the time you see it smoking it will be too late you PF will be goosed
Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 525DTM

hi there, as long as this thing is connected on a rail-pressure sensor, all it does:
it raises the fuel pressure so the engine is getting more diesel (once you open that box you see a bunch of electronics on a little custom-made "abrieb.de" circuit-actually there are visible 2 routes for different engines?... it raises pressure according to some internaly set rules saved in that chip) and hence more power is produced... good part is that all safety features are still preserved (exhaust temps sensors and lambdas are still keeping eye on engine, the same with PDF-Partikel Filter and its self cleaning cycles)... downside is, that it can cause troubles with automatic or even manual gearbox at low rmp and hi torque figures produced (rattle while it fights with such high numbers not designed for)...
well, still a real bargain for that money :-) and far better than a simple resistor too...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

sound's interesting!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

I have just bought one. I fully intend remapping my car but I thought i would buy it for a bit of fun just to see how it performs. I will do some back to back tests tomorrow or the next day and report back
Old 10-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Members

My Ride: Black 535d E60 Black on Black, Shadow line in and out, sun roof, comfort seats, PDCs, navi, Sport suspension, Hifi

Originally Posted by paulmc' post='706624' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:17 PM
I have just bought one. I fully intend remapping my car but I thought i would buy it for a bit of fun just to see how it performs. I will do some back to back tests tomorrow or the next day and report back
I can't wait...hurry!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

Ok. fitted it today.

Starts and runs as normal. No issues at all. In the town you would never know it was fitted. Once you give it some welly you deffo know it is there. Feels much quicker and the torque is deffo up. No smoke but I did not expect any. Just need to keep an eye on the DPF life now

I have tested my last few cars on a stretch of road below are my findings.

Test is. Start 50mph floor it up a steep hill then onto the flat where the tar changes so you feel a big bump. Not very scientific I know but I do it several times and take the average

E39 530d Remapped just under 100mph 240bhp
E39 M5 Remapped 118mph 420bhp
E60 535d Standard 110mph 272bhp
E60 535d with Abried 116mph 300bhp ?????

For the money you can't knock that figures

Quick Reply: Abrieb Tuning Device from Ebay works great!!