E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

535d Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking at West Tuning aswell because there remap is made for you "exact" engine. Im not sure so sure about DMS, theyve not given me enough information which i have asked for and there power figures are abit low.

The Hartge chip is not out yet for any of the EURO4 cars.

I might go for the Hartge chip because there figures are about right and they have all the good points that you mentioned.

What about AC Schnitzer? They only have a chip for the 530d. Will they bring one out for the 525d and 535d?
Old 12-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

The guys at DMS have a lot of experience, so I'd certainly trust them to do a good job.

I think the point about custom mapping is fair, but not a massive issue on cars where the rest of the car is standard - I'm having a custom map on my TT because everything is non-standard - exhaust, cats, air intake, manifold, intercooler, injectors, turbo etc. etc. but if all you're chaning is the chip, a generic map should be close enough to not make a huge difference.

I'll be very surprised if AC S. don't bring out a 535d map - although I haven't asked them yet - but as BMW don't import the chips, I don't see the benefit of this over either of the other TuV approved options.

Clive
Old 12-05-2004, 03:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Clive I agree. Everyone should take what THEY feel is best for them. Of course we help as much as we can, we have a debate, but after all he who pay has to say.

No fights like 2004 R type did.

Skaffa
Old 12-05-2004, 04:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

No fights for sure It's nice to have the discussion with people who know what they are talking about AND have opinions

Clive
Old 12-05-2004, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Opinions... People with out is like empty shell. You can't even talk with them.

I would like to have 535d any day, only concerne is that it's only automatic... Can I live with that? Even SMG would be better to me. Somehow I think that proper car should have manual gearbox... I have already given out brakes (ABS), drifting (DTC), gasoline (drive diesel), reliabillity (electronics)... Maybe that is called aging?

Skaffa
Old 12-05-2004, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

LOL Skaffa - I don't disagree - I always need at least one car with a manual gearbox - the 535 is just for the motorway during the week for me, not for fun at the weekend.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

How good is the DMS one-click? Is there any disadvantages over a normal remap?

I will probably get a 25% increase in bhp and torque. Is this massive gain and will i feel it straight away. I am new to tuning cars and i never done it in the past.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Dec 5 2004, 04:31 PM
How good is the DMS one-click? Is there any disadvantages over a normal remap?

I will probably get a 25% increase in bhp and torque. Is this massive gain and will i feel it straight away. I am new to tuning cars and i never done it in the past.
[snapback]65018[/snapback]

Never actually used DMS myself, although some of the guys on the TT Forum have used one click and seem very happy with the maps - although it sounds like one-click might be having some teething problems, so I'd want to see it demonstrated a couple of times on my car before I handed over the cash.

Clive
Old 12-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

What do you mean by teething problems?

Look what i found on the net. A 330cd remapped to over 300bhp!!

Clived, you used to tuning cars, is 25% a massive increase and will i feel the power staright away?
Attached Thumbnails 535d Tuning-untitled5.jpg  
Old 12-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Dec 5 2004, 06:24 PM
Clived, you used to tuning cars, is 25% a massive increase and will i feel the power staright away?
I can answer that - I've driven over 170,000 miles on 'tuned' diesels and the answer is a clear YES.

Quick Reply: 535d Tuning