E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

535 Turbo Upgrade Feeler (Club 5thirty5, this is for you!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i knew my ears were ringin' for a reason!lol

interesting, but it seems as if you've got the ball rolling with them.....so i will sit back on this one and wait for your results.

in addition, i'm in talks with a few tuners as well - i'm waiting to see what they comes of it.

either way, we can bring some great mods to our 535's - which always gets ignored!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Senior Members

ASR, AMS, and VK Motorwerks are also working on turbo upgrades. Next year should be interesting for the N54 crowd.

Here is the ASR thread.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.p...R+turbo+upgrade
Old 12-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='746085
ASR, AMS, and VK Motorwerks are also working on turbo upgrades. Next year should be interesting for the N54 crowd.

Here is the ASR thread.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.p...R+turbo+upgrade
Thanks Jetblack I read that post too. I actually spoke with ASR this morning as well. They're coming out with their system by the end of the month.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

You realize that the 335 and 135 FMIC's won't fit the E60 n54 right? Take a look at where your stock oil cooler is and then tell me where you would put a bigger FMIC?

I've been looking in to them , and the good manufactures won't sell a FMIC to a E60 owner cause they won't fit with out major motifications to the Oil lines and oil cooler placement. The 3 and ones have them in the right front wheel well so it is not so much a problem, on the 5 it is right up front. SO we get better cooling...
Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='746207
You realize that the 335 and 135 FMIC's won't fit the E60 n54 right? Take a look at where your stock oil cooler is and then tell me where you would put a bigger FMIC?

I've been looking in to them , and the good manufactures won't sell a FMIC to a E60 owner cause they won't fit with out major motifications to the Oil lines and oil cooler placement. The 3 and ones have them in the right front wheel well so it is not so much a problem, on the 5 it is right up front. SO we get better cooling...
correct, i've had plenty of conversations with potential tuners about this issue. the oil cooler is hard lined directly in front of our IC, thus no room for the larger IC. displacing the oil cooler does take some work, but not out of a question...just plenty of work.

the tuner i'm talkin' to wants to build an IC that can simply bolt on and the main hurdle is the oil cooler, which he also wants to be an easy bolt on in one of the front wheel wells. then the issue of a stock bumper vs. mtech vs. m5...bolt on's need to fit all these bumpers.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bigbadbull' post='746401
no, not RPI.

smaller companies that have done work on Audi's.

correct, i've had plenty of conversations with potential tuners about this issue. the oil cooler is hard lined directly in front of our IC, thus no room for the larger IC. displacing the oil cooler does take some work, but not out of a question...just plenty of work.

the tuner i'm talkin' to wants to build an IC that can simply bolt on and the main hurdle is the oil cooler, which he also wants to be an easy bolt on in one of the front wheel wells. then the issue of a stock bumper vs. mtech vs. m5...bolt on's need to fit all these bumpers.
Audi sounds very interesting. How far are they away from completion?

Once we start messing with the fmics, the warranty will be voided inevitably. I guess we might as well move the oil cooler and get it over with.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 335i E92

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Name is Brian La Fuente with GT PRO Performance Tuning Inc. our company has been in business for 14 years, specializing in forced induction. Myself personally have been involved for in excess of 27 years, from the days of street racing, to today building cars and equipment from BMW, to Ferrari, Japanese Imports, and some modern muscle Z06 etc. Our shop has an AWD dynojet in house, so even the Xi guys are welcomed and accommodated. The E60 535 platform is an interesting one, and may pose some problems in regards to engineering, but that is something we're not strangers to, we have always been a shop to fly in the face of convention and adversity. our turbo upgrade for N54 is based on our years of doing this same type of upgrade in various other platforms, and has done very well for us. We've spent 6 months durability testing before we even thought about selling them to you guys, so the turbo is defiantly not brand new out of the gate, it based on our years of experience. I look forward to meeting each and everyone one of you, and welcome any comments or questions.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO' post='746695' date='Dec 16 2008, 03:17 PM
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Name is Brian La Fuente with GT PRO Performance Tuning Inc. our company has been in business for 14 years, specializing in forced induction. Myself personally have been involved for in excess of 27 years, from the days of street racing, to today building cars and equipment from BMW, to Ferrari, Japanese Imports, and some modern muscle Z06 etc. Our shop has an AWD dynojet in house, so even the Xi guys are welcomed and accommodated. The E60 535 platform is an interesting one, and may pose some problems in regards to engineering, but that is something we're not strangers to, we have always been a shop to fly in the face of convention and adversity. our turbo upgrade for N54 is based on our years of doing this same type of upgrade in various other platforms, and has done very well for us. We've spent 6 months durability testing before we even thought about selling them to you guys, so the turbo is defiantly not brand new out of the gate, it based on our years of experience. I look forward to meeting each and everyone one of you, and welcome any comments or questions.
thanx for the intro and stopping by brian
Old 12-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Contributors

I have to say it definitely interests me, but it also scares the hell out of me...

Even my DINAN mods worry me sometimes, but at least by keeping all of my mods DINAN I am sticking to my part and keeping my warranty with them intact. I hope they come out with larger turbos and FMIC...

A few years down the road though when I've beat my car down and the sting of the cost is over and I want to have more fun with it, then I will probably look to not worry about my warranty issues. By then, there will be a lot more available for me to play with too!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO' post='746695' date='Dec 16 2008, 03:17 PM

Hey Brian it's David. Glad to see you here!