E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

2008 550i Resonators Removed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i, M Sport, Platinum Gray, Logic 7, Navigation, Comfort Access

Basically, in the 550i there are three resonators running through the middle which ends with the muffler at the end. I had the resonators removed and replaced with a 3 inch Y pipe going straight into the muffler. With this setup, the new sound is just much more aggressive. I'm in Torrance btw.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2007

A nob question, does removing this will causing any problem later on for the state inspection ?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
I just love this god damn exhaust of this car. It doesnt have any drone and sounds so cool when you hear it from outside. Its not loud that a cop is going to pull you over at the same time it a decent level of sound that will turn heads.
Guys this video is nothing, its a 100 times better to listen to this exhaust note in person.

The note of the exhaust is just terrific !
Thank you so much! But I am getting a little greedy and want more or a sound without investing in a whole section 3 exhaust. I want to play around with my stock exhaust. What is the BEST alternative without creating any errors or check engine signs? Would you happen to know? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by joonbug528
Agreed, I've had my new setup on for a while now and I love the way it sounds. Its subdued when you want it to be but aggressive as hell when I punch it. Best money I've ever spent. If anyone in the LA area wants to hear mine just let me know.
I completely agree, especially when you hit the sport button the throttle becomes more responsive and the exhaust note is just to die for. They should have made it like this from the factory, its not loud at all, just deep. I think it sounds a little louder than the stock m5 exhaust.

Originally Posted by NguyenAzn
A nob question, does removing this will causing any problem later on for the state inspection ?
No problems with state inspection or emissions.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

There is a very simple way to increase the sound, it wont cause any errors or anything. The only downside will be you will go from sound to noise very soon. Well then again, it is upto an individual what he defines as sound and what he defines as noise, if you know what I am talking about.

I can show you the trick when we meet up - Doesnt hurt to try, since with my idea, you can always revert back.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Senior Members

There is a very simple way to increase the sound, it wont cause any errors or anything. The only downside will be you will go from sound to noise very soon. Well then again, it is upto an individual what he defines as sound and what he defines as noise, if you know what I am talking about.

I can show you the trick when we meet up - Doesnt hurt to try, since with my idea, you can always revert back.
Awesome, I would love to try it out. I was extremely busy this weekend but you if you are available next weekend I would love to try something out!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Senior Members

Good luck guys, but I suggest just getting a rpi gt exhaust form eloy from race precision he is located in Hawthorne as well if you need info pm me.. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Jashy, is one to take the initiative & risk to invent\discover and not one to just follow.

If you go back in time(search) you would read about Jashy Supercharging his 530i which was, I guess, one of a kind, still cant forget that thread.

Lets see what we can come up with
Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Senior Members

Jashy, is one to take the initiative & risk to invent\discover and not one to just follow.

If you go back in time(search) you would read about Jashy Supercharging his 530i which was, I guess, one of a kind, still cant forget that thread.

Lets see what we can come up with
I completely agree man, and I just want to be different and post my findings on the forums so members have other alternatives. I cant wait to hear what you have to say about this particular mod, and I know your ideas are always brilliant!

Funny you say that man, after reading this comment I read all 9 pages of the supercharger thread and a tear came down. I miss it so much and all the noise it made. I posted up some videos... R.I.P